HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Average goaltending WILL NOT win a championship!

Old
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Player vs player we match up very closely to the Wings. Our defense may be slightly less than theirs but not by that much. The biggest difference in our 2 teams and the thing that makes them miles ahead of us is their system and coaching. We have all the tools. We have a good defense. Maybe it's not top 5 but it's certainly top 10 (I'd say right about #10). The thing that makes the Wings so good for so long is coaching and their system. The thing that has made the Devis so successful for so long is coaching and their system. If the Devils were only good because of Brodeur then they certainly wouldn't be leading the division with him out for almost the entire season. They are obviously more than just a one-man show goalie. Their defense isn't as good as ours. Their forwards aren't as good as ours. Without Brodeur their goalies aren't as good as ours. So why are they better than us??? The Devils do more with less and we don't come close to playing the best we can, that's all about coaching.
The thing about the both of us, that is kind of rare is that our top players are all 2-way players. Carter, Richards, and gagne; and Datsyuk, Zetterburg, and Hossa. All 6 of them play PP, PK and even.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 04:03 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Look at us from the 05-06 season to the 06-07 season. We went from a playoff run to last in the league. We had around the same offense, defense, and goalies. **** happens. You can say the same thing happened to us... The only difference is, the year after we redid 75% of our team, and the Canes havent changed much at all.
Forsberg's foot went all wonky and forced him to miss a ton of time and Rico retired. Tough to say we had the same team when our best forward wasn't himself and only played half the time and our best defenseman hung up the skates.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post

Isn't this one of our former practice goalies??

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Forsberg's foot went all wonky and forced him to miss a ton of time and Rico retired. Tough to say we had the same team when our best forward wasn't himself and only played half the time and our best defenseman hung up the skates.
if only rico had been born like 5 years later. can you imagine a blueline with him and timonen in today's nhl? (we wouldn't be able to afford it, but i can dream) he was born for this style of play...too bad he didn't get to play his career in it.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
if only rico had been born like 5 years later. can you imagine a blueline with him and timonen in today's nhl? (we wouldn't be able to afford it, but i can dream) he was born for this style of play...too bad he didn't get to play his career in it.
I loved rico. He played the game the right way. He never made mistakes, would take a hit, and even occasionally throw a check

And I agree, he would fit todays style of play much better

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
My dad and I talk about that all the time. Rico would be dynamite in this era.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote