HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Saturday, Feb. 7th - Toronto @ Montreal - CBC (HD), RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2009, 12:45 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
BG won't make a move until the team he wants to trade with is sure to be out of the playoffs, and a REAL fan never wishes his team a loss.
WORD

but it sucks to just watch this team float along knowing that besides what the heart says, it does not look good at all

people say it is just a bad stretch we are in. but lets be honest we have not played like last year at all this year. even when we won it was ugly. besides games against clagary, rangers, detroit and a few others...nothing really special at all.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
WORD

but it sucks to just watch this team float along knowing that besides what the heart says, it does not look good at all

people say it is just a bad stretch we are in. but lets be honest we have not played like last year at all this year. even when we won it was ugly. besides games against clagary, rangers, detroit and a few others...nothing really special at all.
+1. I think the elements are there for a successful playoff run (third round at least). However, some things need to improve (1 more dmen and 2 forwards both with character and grit). Schneider, Weight, and ?.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:13 PM
mlandry

Let's hope for a good match again tonight. I hope to see Pacioretty score a goal; he's really the biggest surprise for me this year so I hope he can stay on the line-up even when the injured players return.

I seem to be pretty much alone in this, but I hope nothing happens with SK and Grabs... really sucks for the Belarussian team IMO. I don't mind fighting but this one is getting too personal.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Great GDT ZeRo.O and a special thanks to Jack Black for the Sergei vs Grabovsky picture. That definitely helps set the mood for today's game.

Habs 5 - Leafs 2

GO HABS GO!

Edit: The Viggo Mortensen pic kicks ass!

02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

SKost-Grabovski is a meaningless side show between pygmies, no better than two housewives fighting over the last bargain item at a department store clearance sale.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
SKost-Grabovski is a meaningless side show between pygmies, no better than two housewives fighting over the last bargain item at a department store clearance sale.
If anything it's just become a media debacle. Althought I'm sure Sergei loves that. Deep down I wonder how the ref's have been told to handle this situation, because with all the attention on them tonight, there's no way that it has not been discussed

Logically you'd want them to go at it, to strengthen the rivarly, to bring in more viewers (from a league standpoint), but Bettman doesn't seem to know what the league needs, so it's not so obvious how this could be handled

Old
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

8 PM Montreal time, 5 AM Minsk time...

In the left corner, fighting out Novopolotsk, Belarus... Sergei "The Baby Faced Assassin" Kostitsyn

In the right corner, fighting out of Minsk, Belarus... Mikhail "The Count of Monte Fisto" Grabovski

1 Round in the Super-Flyweight Division.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Playoff Beard

There's so much hype around tonight's meeting between SK and Grabovski... I just hope for all of us that have been waiting for this game for a long time that something will happen. Otherwise, this could end up a boring game between two teams going through hard times. Hope this will be a good game with some fights; I'm looking forward to seeing Laraque beat May and all the Leafs that acted tough in the last game against us.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kovy out, Dandy in please.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
LedZeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What? Chick fights are awesome

Old
02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
What? Chick fights are awesome
Especially when clothing accidentally falls off.
And I accidentally pour hot oil on them.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
LedZeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
Especially when clothing accidentally falls off.
And I accidentally pour hot oil on them.
Hells Bells. I seen one at the bar last weekend and both girls ended with no tops pulling each others hair. Thank you, God

Old
02-07-2009, 03:14 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo Supporter View Post
Kovy out, Dandy in please.
Is he ready to go now?

Old
02-07-2009, 03:22 PM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Is he ready to go now?
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/268498.html
I think Dandy was cleared before the Buffalo game along with Laraque but Carbo chose not to use him. Says in the article that Carbo said we may see Dandy tonight due to it being a back to back but probably not on defence due to him being out 2 months and it being so tough to jump back in and play defense after such a lengthy layoff. Havent heard anything today on whether he is going to play or not. My guess would be no..

Old
02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Wouldn't be suprised to see a Kovalev H-Scratch...

If I was Carbo, I'd put AK27 in the press box for a game after that horrible penalty in last nights game.

Just don't think Carbo would ever do it, I don't think he has a large enough pair to send a message...therefore Kovy won't get it.

I'm not even a huge Kovy basher, but that penalty last night was one of the worst penalties to take I've ever seen. Regardless of who it was, as a coach, I'd be sendin them in the press box for a game.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I swear to God, if Carbo puts Akos with Kovalev tonight I'm gonna lose it. I'm tired of seeing his talent ****ing wasted all he does is skate because no one ever passes him the ****ing puck!
At the beginning of last season most were saying " AKost needs to earn top 6 minutes" and that he sucked. Then he was moved to wing Pleks and Kovy. They were lethal and all of a sudden AKost was amazing.

Flash forward to this season: AKost is amazing and Kovy should earn his way to top 6 minutes.

Only on this ****ing board can you read this kind of ****.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I predict nothing happens tonight. Usually games that are hyped as possible blood baths turn to be tame. Except Nords VS Habs. And Wings VS Avs for a while.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I predict nothing happens tonight. Usually games that are hyped as possible blood baths turn to be tame. Except Nords VS Habs. And Wings VS Avs for a while.
Yeah that is usually the case forsure. I do think this one will be a feisty affair though. I think Laraque and May will go at it and therell be a lot of pushing and shoving after the whistle. Both teams are stuggeling so i bet both will be hungry for a win. As for the Sk/Grabo thing who knows what will happen. Sergei can be a hothead at times, i just hope he doesnt go out of his way to get at Grabo and end up taking penalties which will come back to haunt us. We need the 2 pts over everything else tonight. Should be a good one. Hopefully the habs are ready to go!

Old
02-07-2009, 03:50 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Great GDT ZeRo.O and a special thanks to Jack Black for the Sergei vs Grabovsky picture. That definitely helps set the mood for today's game.

Habs 5 - Leafs 2

GO HABS GO!

Edit: The Viggo Mortensen pic kicks ass!
i am not going to bust your balls about being nervous ever again, i promose.

3-2 Habs in OT. i suck at these prediction thingies anyway.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
BigBen07

I might as well make a prediction since im new around here, ill say 4-2 Habs with the winner from Higgins seems like he always steps up against the leafs. Go Habs Go!

Old
02-07-2009, 03:55 PM
The n00b King *

Is Laraque playing tonight?

Old
02-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Big night for Kovalev coming up.

We won't see him play another poor game this season.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
At the beginning of last season most were saying " AKost needs to earn top 6 minutes" and that he sucked. Then he was moved to wing Pleks and Kovy. They were lethal and all of a sudden AKost was amazing.

Flash forward to this season: AKost is amazing and Kovy should earn his way to top 6 minutes.

Only on this ****ing board can you read this kind of ****.
What are you talking about. Kovalev has stunk it up with everyone he's played with. Heck he even made Tanguay and Koivu look bad during those 3-4 games he played with them.

Andrei in 7 games with Lang had 15 points and 8 goals! In 4 games with Koivy and D'agostini he had 6 points and 4 goals! I don't know what more you want to be convinced that it just doesn't work with Kovalev. He never does anything on that line, he never touches the puck, never recieves passes.

I don't understand how people here call out anyone from Price to Sergei Kostitsyn, From Markov to Koivu, but people lose their minds when Kovalev gets criticized. It's 15 years Kovalev has been playing this way, he's 36, not a 24 year old player who is in his second nhl season and making excuses for a players who's underachieved his whole career aside from 2 or 3 seasons while calling out 20 year olds and guys who give their all everyday is ridiculous, wake up people. I don't care what he did last year, what he did last year is not going to get us to the playoffs this year! He's been playing like crap all year! Ryder, Samsonov and Perezhogin got benched for less, I don't see why the rope has to be so long for kovalev who's been brutal on more than one occasion.

Old
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Is Laraque playing tonight?
I havent seen anything all day regarding the lineup for tonights game except for Tsn ice chips. They have us using the same lineup as last night with the exception of Halak starting in goal..

Old
02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
WORD

12 of the Games Boston won were by 1Goal.
14 of their wins were by 2Goals, many of them were empty netters.
Just saying, you don't dominate every game..

That being said though, I agree, our team hasn't look amazing this year. Mainly because our few of our players have been struggling but also because we never played with a healthy club yet.

Closed Thread