HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hbas assistant coach...

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2004, 06:42 PM
toughstuff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
But before that, even. Bossy has been out of the NHL for a loooong time now. 17 years! And tons of those Islanders dynasty members have been in coaching and management positions in many different organisations. Wouldn't somebody have thought of him by now (if he was regarded as assistant coaching material)?
I once listened to him saying that he refuses many offers because they are not fulltime or either these jobs separate him from his familiy.

He has been very outspoken on what he wants. He wants to be a full time offensive coach. He wants to teach kids how to score, how to create things. That's all he wants to focus on.

The NHL of today is you cannot teach talent but only defense. He begs to differ. He says you can teach a kid to score.

The NHL apprently does not believe this.

That's why he does not have a job.

Old
08-12-2004, 06:44 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
Wouldn't Ted Nolan look good with CJ behind our bench? Even as an assistant. Nobody else seems to want to give him a chance.
It would be great. What a duo it would be

The return of Nolan in NHL, in MTL. I vote for that
He was very good with the kids in Buffalo

Old
08-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
I was looking at the void left by Charron
:lol

Old
08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
But before that, even. Bossy has been out of the NHL for a loooong time now. 17 years! And tons of those Islanders dynasty members have been in coaching and management positions in many different organisations. Wouldn't somebody have thought of him by now (if he was regarded as assistant coaching material)?
I'm with you on this one. Bossy would have been hired long ago if he was that good. Perhaps he teaches well but being an assistant at the NHL level is a different thing altogether IMO. The players already know the fundamentals when they reach the NHL. It's more an issue of assisting in the implementation the head coach's system of play and perhaps providing specialization in one particular area such as the powerplay, for example. Let Bossy take a job in Junior or even Minor Pro and see how he does. Like most professions, you have to work your way up. There's been enough amateurs associated with the team in the last ten years already.

I'm all for Jarvis moving back up to the NHL. He's done it before in Dallas for a long period of time. My choice would be to bring back Alain Vigneaut to coach Hamilton. He has being doing a good job with the Habs prospects in PEI and has considerable experience with young players.

Old
08-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
:lol
still ROFL!!!

Old
08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
igor Larionov....this guy is a legend and deserve a lot of respect from everybody.He knows europeen and north americain game and also has a lot of international tournements experiments....

he would be an exellent guy to have with the team specially for all the russian skill players that are comming
EURO coaches have no place in the NHL.
They no squat about contact pro hockey,

Old
08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyclaus
still ROFL!!!
Let's hear your opinion and suggestions. I'm curious.

Old
08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
mad chemist

Could someone could make a list of all the guys that could make the job and i think we can forget about robinson sure he would be great as our defensive coach but now green is still there so... But bossy could be a good choice if he can make our pp and our pk more effective what i think he should be able and if he can help to devellop our young player. So, if you can write a list of all the coach that could make the job i would be happy.

P.S. Is dave king still availlible????

Old
08-12-2004, 08:43 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist
Could someone could make a list of all the guys that could make the job and i think we can forget about robinson sure he would be great as our defensive coach but now green is still there so... But bossy could be a good choice if he can make our pp and our pk more effective what i think he should be able and if he can help to devellop our young player. So, if you can write a list of all the coach that could make the job i would be happy.

P.S. Is dave king still availlible????
Mike Bossy number one
Guy Carbonneau number two

Doug Jarvis
Doug Gilmor
Alain Vigneault
Brian Skrudland

In no particular order

Old
08-12-2004, 09:36 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan
EURO coaches have no place in the NHL.
They no squat about contact pro hockey,

wow ! who you think you talking about ???

Larionov played 15 years in the NHL after the 8 years he played for the russian top league....(last year he was playing for the devils )

i think that it's enough to '' SQUAT ABOUT CONTACT PRO HOCKEY ''

and by te way ...we have already enough of the Don Cherry 's close mind and racist comments....leave us alone with that kind of stuff

Old
08-12-2004, 09:41 PM
EaGLE1

Alain Vigneault + CJ
Dave King + CJ
or
Ted Nolan + CJ

Sounds great. I think that CJ need a good assistant, someone who have NHL experience behind a bench. Maybe Kovalev would have been used correctly right from the start...
It's like CJ is struggling with star players.

Old
08-13-2004, 06:42 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
I once listened to him saying that he refuses many offers because they are not fulltime or either these jobs separate him from his familiy.

He has been very outspoken on what he wants. He wants to be a full time offensive coach. He wants to teach kids how to score, how to create things. That's all he wants to focus on.

The NHL of today is you cannot teach talent but only defense. He begs to differ. He says you can teach a kid to score.

The NHL apprently does not believe this.

That's why he does not have a job.
Great post!!! And I agree 100% with Mike Bossy! Do you?

Now, will someone say that I watch to much of 110% or I have a hard-on when I hear Michel Bergeron!

Old
08-13-2004, 08:07 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Great post!!! And I agree 100% with Mike Bossy! Do you?

Now, will someone say that I watch to much of 110% or I have a hard-on when I hear Michel Bergeron!
Ever hear the expression 'you're beating a dead horse' ? Bossy is interesting. To posters outside the Mtl. area, he has always been very active in the area, whether on radio or television, so his name hasn't gone away. I'm a bit curious as to why he hasn't worked for a team before now, esp. when former teammates like Trottier have had the chance to take advantage of what Bossy can offer. So while I like Bossy and would consider him, I'd like to know why he's been out of the game so long. I know there was a post mentionning jobs he turned down, but when I hear him doing radio spots, he seems to be lobbying for a job. A coaching staff needs a lot of attributes, they need to teach, strategize both game plan and in game, run a bench, devise special teams, to an extent motivate, offer the good cop/bad copp scenario, so it's hard to know what the Habs lack. Personally, I'd be fine with a guy like Bossy who could work on PP, or a rah rah Skrudland type, I think either would fill a need.

Old
08-13-2004, 11:58 AM
ljg65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Bossy would be such a great choice. Remember last year, our PP was awful so he would be able to help in that. And like you said, he could help Hossa, Perez, Kost, Pleks...in their developement.

As for Larionov, well he would be great too but I don't think he would be ready to be a coach. He's like Juneau right now. And if he do something like that, he will do it in Detroit. My two cent on that.

Don't count out Larionov out yet or anybody else. Bob Gainey has brought a lot of respectability back to the Habs Organization and I am willing to bet there are a lot more people willing to come to Montreal than there was a few years ago.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

wow ! who you think you talking about ???

Larionov played 15 years in the NHL after the 8 years he played for the russian top league....(last year he was playing for the devils )

i think that it's enough to '' SQUAT ABOUT CONTACT PRO HOCKEY ''

and by te way ...we have already enough of the Don Cherry 's close mind and racist comments....leave us alone with that kind of stuff
Here, here. Fan's post shows how little a fan he is. Larionov is an astute hockey mind. It's what allowed him to play pro hockey into his 40s. He was arguably the best player outside the league when he came to the NHL with Vancouver in the late 80s. He's shown offensive prowess, and strong two-way play throughout his career. I'd welcome him as a special teams coach any day.

Bossy is an interesting choice. I think the main reason he's not gotten work in the coach fraternity is because of things he's said about the game since retiring. He's said some things that have gone against the grain, and ruffled some feathers. Mike is outspoken about the style of play, and players getting picked. I recall interviews where he shakes his head at the number of smallish players with skills getting passed over for some gorilla with marginal talent. He's not a typical "hockey guy" and I think that bothers some within the league.

I don't know if he can teach, but he sure has a lot of knowledge to share. If some of his instinct can rub off on our players think how good they could become.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Mike The Wall

There was another tread on this and I stated it then I will say it now we should bring Muller back into the family. He is a competitor and has alot to teach the young guys

Old
08-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
Let's hear your opinion and suggestions. I'm curious.
Well considering last year's special units performance, I thought the fact that someone is refering to Charron leaving the habs as a "void", was and, is still quite hilarious. In case you forgot, TB's special units tore ours to pieces during last playoff run.

As for a suggestion, *yikes* Jarvis is very qualified having played that role as player, but now the question would be: who's to replace him in Hamilton?

Old
08-13-2004, 12:47 PM
CH4

i THINK WE SHOULD BRING A FORMER PLAYER, IT ALWAYS help when the coach, like CJ doesn't have a lot af NHL experience, a former player is use to the game and it subtilities, we need a tactical, technical and motivational coaching staff, with a former player we would have all that
Someone speaking at leats as french as BG and known in MTL
Muller: good choice
Bossy: very good choice,
Larionov: fair choice
any others...

Old
08-13-2004, 02:55 PM
mad chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
Mike Bossy number one
Guy Carbonneau number two

Doug Jarvis
Doug Gilmor
Alain Vigneault
Brian Skrudland

In no particular order
Thanks a lot and i agree with you but i would prefer to keep jarvis to hamilton to help our future andrei kostitsyn to learn playing defense.

Old
08-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Alain Vigneault + CJ
Dave King + CJ
or
Ted Nolan + CJ

Sounds great. I think that CJ need a good assistant, someone who have NHL experience behind a bench. Maybe Kovalev would have been used correctly right from the start...
It's like CJ is struggling with star players.
Ted Nolan

I'd love to see this guy in our roster of coaches. He is a tremendous leader, and IMO his being out of the game has been way too long. Plus he could help Julien with many things (he is very knowledgeable) and the likes of Mr. Nolan would propel us to the stratosphere of coaching talent (Julien, Green, Jarvis, Melanson, and NOLAN). All 5 are very intelligent coaches, I think Nolan could totally fix our PK woes, as well as make our PP more potent.

My second choice would be the Big Bird (Robinson) followed by Bossy.

Closed Thread