HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and nothing more

Old
02-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Rumors and nothing more

As most of you know I do a lot of business with the Rangers both through the team and with the players directly. This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery. One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. He is so nuts he even had a coffin in his apartment cause he liked it as art.

Renney I was told has Monday as a make or break day and if they lose bad or look sluggish he will be reassigned not fired. Jim Schonfeld would take over as they are looking for a hard ass coach.

Rangers fear the Bluejackets Islanders and Pitt may put in a claim for Avery. They are talking about Neil and were asked for Dawes and a second but would do a 3rd.

Thanks all for tonight maybe more after Prucha signing

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:49 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
As most of you know I do a lot of business with the Rangers both through the team and with the players directly. This last few days a few of the guys have told me they would rather take a slap shot in the groin then play with Avery. One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers. He is so nuts he even had a coffin in his apartment cause he liked it as art.

Renney I was told has Monday as a make or break day and if they lose bad or look sluggish he will be reassigned not fired. Jim Schonfeld would take over as they are looking for a hard ass coach.

Rangers fear the Bluejackets Islanders and Pitt may put in a claim for Avery. They are talking about Neil and were asked for Dawes and a second but would do a 3rd.

Bobby granger anyone?

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:50 AM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Whatever happened to that guy? I liked the one with him and the Czech girls the best for some odd reason.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:52 AM
McMonster

Quote:
One player told me Avery was pure evil and most of the team was afraid the guy would go postal and kill them all as all he talked about was death and he loved murderers and cereal killers.
so, people kill breakfast now?

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:53 AM
hlundqvist30*

Dagoon, while I respect you as a poster and what you are saying ( I know your sources and such), why did it you suddenly give out this information now? As far as I know you had the Vally signing around a week ago. Why didn't you post this then?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:00 AM
squishy

Quote:

Now see, these are rumors I can give some credence too. Because Dagoon's checked out in the past and isn't just reporting what he heard while waiting tables.

Unfortunately, Neil went down with a leg injury tonight. That may rule him out and leave Avery as the last remaining option.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that players don't always know what management is thinking... even if they think they do. This I know from personal experience.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Dagoon, while I respect you as a poster and what you are saying ( I know your sources and such), why did it you suddenly give out this information now? As far as I know you had the Vally signing around a week ago. Why didn't you post this then?
I have a friendship with about 6 Rangers who I talk to on the phone and sometimes hang out with. Vally signing was fun but he only said he didn't like Avery as player that was boring this was tonight.
Dante it is 3am and I am worn out lol I didn't spell check. Sather is legendary for giving players 2nd and 3rd chances in the nhl. Geatz , Brubaker, Kordic, Fotiu and tons of other guys who where either nuts or drunks were signed and given chances Glen is a buffoon sometimes but not afraid to take a chance on talent

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
so, people kill breakfast now?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

If there is one coach who can keep Avery in check, it's Shoenfeld. This guy won't take ****, and no for an answer.

I'd love Schoeny as coach, but make no mistake....Renney is not to fault here...maybe just 40%. Replace Pearn with Renney....keep Renney in the system some how.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:06 AM
McMonster

It's amazing how Perry Pearn isn't taking any heat right now. His powerplay has been in the bottom five for two seasons now. He should've been gone a long time ago.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
If there is one coach who can keep Avery in check, it's Shoenfeld. This guy won't take ****, and no for an answer.
Either that or the two will battle... I can't imagine that would be positive for the team...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:24 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Either that or the two will battle... I can't imagine that would be positive for the team...
in fact, I think avery is a shoenfeld like player. A pain the ass type of player.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:42 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

part of me feels bad for renney ..... but man....schoeny is the perfect man for the job.....just my opinion.....i obviously dont expect miracles.....but some accountability would be nice

oh and thanks for the info/rumors.......interesting stuff....

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 04:43 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

some more rumors and what not up from brooks at the post...its a pretty good read about the olympics and the 2nd page is his rumors and stuff

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082009...22.htm?&page=1

Old
02-08-2009, 04:48 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
some more rumors and what not up from brooks at the post...its a pretty good read about the olympics and the 2nd page is his rumors and stuff

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082009...22.htm?&page=1
nypost and nothing on rangers lol

Old
02-08-2009, 04:57 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
nypost and nothing on rangers lol
my bad.....confusion after 4am and booze....still.i thought the olympics bit and some of the possible players available was interesting to discuss...but not start a new thread kinda way....awwell

Old
02-08-2009, 06:06 AM
trademasterb*

Great, Schoenfield is a worse offensive coach than Renney. Just what we need. As far as Avery goes. Maybe if he keeps going to a shrink he'll be fine.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
RangersFan88*

ok i posted messier for coach earlier
but this schoenfeld guys seems to know what the team needs

my proposal

schoenfeld head!
renney defensive system coach!
messier motivational coach!
and some dude for the PP if not messier or schoenfeld can get that done

what you think?

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

If the players don't like Avery, or dont like any other changes for that matter, they should play better.

Seriously. ****tty teams get dismantled all the time.

02-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Levitate

The Avey stuff sounds like an exaggeration, but I don't disbelieve that a lot of the players didn't like him. That was widely leaked after he left. I don't think I would want him back on the team regardless of how the team is doing.

As for Neil for Dawes and a 3rd, I don't see any reason to not do a deal like that considering what Dawes is giving the team and what Neil could help bring. The injury certainly causes a problem, however

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

Here is hoping Avery's hit list when he loses it is going to look like this

1- Wade Redden
2- Chris Drury
3- Scott Gomez
4- Dion Phaneuf
5- Gary Bettman

Seriously though just because he is interested in Serial Killers and stuff doesnt mean jack although what i will say is dont think there is any doubt he has a screw loose.

I read and watch a lot of stuff about 9/11 and in fact i find myself talking about it a lot but does that mean i am going to highjack a plane and fly it into a building? no. I am not doubting your info Dagoon but you would think Avery is the Anti-Christ by some of the stories and reaction you hear from people.

Avery hits free agency in 2012 maybe this is what the Mayans were talking about.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:11 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
If the players don't like Avery, or dont like any other changes for that matter, they should play better.

Seriously. ****tty teams get dismantled all the time.

Exactly. If these guys can't play hockey on the ice because Sean Avery is talking about vampire bats or something off the ice then they're the ones with the problem. The only thing that should matter is that he comes to play every night and leaves it all on the ice.

This team really is a bunch of little girls. It makes me sick.

Ohhh no we don't want Avery back!! I'm scared he might kill me! Give me a break. Go win some freaking hockey games.

I think all of us work with people we can't stand/don't feel comfortable with.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:32 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Exactly. If these guys can't play hockey on the ice because Sean Avery is talking about vampire bats or something off the ice then they're the ones with the problem. The only thing that should matter is that he comes to play every night and leaves it all on the ice.

This team really is a bunch of little girls. It makes me sick.

Ohhh no we don't want Avery back!! I'm scared he might kill me! Give me a break. Go win some freaking hockey games.

I think all of us work with people we can't stand/don't feel comfortable with.
Well said.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:41 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The Avey stuff sounds like an exaggeration, but I don't disbelieve that a lot of the players didn't like him. That was widely leaked after he left. I don't think I would want him back on the team regardless of how the team is doing.

As for Neil for Dawes and a 3rd, I don't see any reason to not do a deal like that considering what Dawes is giving the team and what Neil could help bring. The injury certainly causes a problem, however
Bringing in Neal would be stupid. We already have a future guy like that. His name is Byers. No reason to add a guy like that who will be 30 next year and give up Dawes plus a draft pick. That's just stupid. We don't need to add 8-10 goal role players. The organization drafted a ton of them.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:46 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Here is hoping Avery's hit list when he loses it is going to look like this

1- Wade Redden
2- Chris Drury
3- Scott Gomez
4- Dion Phaneuf
5- Gary Bettman

Seriously though just because he is interested in Serial Killers and stuff doesnt mean jack although what i will say is dont think there is any doubt he has a screw loose.

I read and watch a lot of stuff about 9/11 and in fact i find myself talking about it a lot but does that mean i am going to highjack a plane and fly it into a building? no. I am not doubting your info Dagoon but you would think Avery is the Anti-Christ by some of the stories and reaction you hear from people.

Avery hits free agency in 2012 maybe this is what the Mayans were talking about.
I don't know why, but I thought that was HILARIOUS.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote