HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is your plan now

Old
02-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Frank Doby

vCash: 500
What is your plan now

The Canadians are going nowhere. So, if you are Bob Gainey, what is your plan to redress this team now...Just some ideas in order of priority

1. redress the team in defense collectively; this will rebuild the confidence of Carey Price, in allowing less goals

2. search for a center with imagination, great in passing for to aliment Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn, similar to Marc Savard. Plekanec has an off-year, we have to make an exchange rapidly. Our great players have the obligation to be our best players. Presently, we have not a great first line.

Am i on a good track or not

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:13 AM
3TB3*

you cant change all the players now. and this slide can be stopped, but only by firing the coachs right now. these coachs cant get the best out of these players, they have lost them. maybe just maybe that will get the team rolling again but even then gainey still needs to bolster this team by the deadline something he has steadfastly refused to do the last 2 years.

habs are in a total mess and gainey is NOT the one who can save them.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Twister mtl

The drive for Tavares

This is not a signature, I'm just copy-pasting this everytime I post, that way I don't have to pay 12$

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:21 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister mtl View Post
The drive for Tavares

This is not a signature, I'm just copy-pasting this everytime I post,it makes me feel a sponsor.
Have to lose them all until the end of season to have a chance, they aren't THAT bad i hope

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Frank Doby

Bob Gainey is the general manager. He has not the reputation to press rapidly on the rush button. However, with the loss of Lang for the season, he has not the choice to move this time.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:25 AM
wedge

We still need a defenseman. With the loss of Lang we need another foward. And with the way PRice is playing, we need a veteran backup to push him. He looks like M-A Fleury. He needs to be pushed to play better.

Maybe it's the time to trade Halak, if he has some value.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:26 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Doby View Post
The Canadians are going nowhere. So, if you are Bob Gainey, what is your plan to redress this team now...Just some ideas in order of priority

1. redress the team in defense collectively; this will rebuild the confidence of Carey Price, in allowing less goals

2. search for a center with imagination, great in passing for to aliment Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn, similar to Marc Savard. Plekanec has an off-year, we have to make an exchange rapidly. Our great players have the obligation to be our best players. Presently, we have not a great first line.

OMGZ! “Chaos, panic and disorder- my work here is done”

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:26 AM
3TB3*

the only reputation he has here except for kovalev- is he keeps down gillettes costs for new players.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:27 AM
habs1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
you cant change all the players now. and this slide can be stopped, but only by firing the coachs right now. these coachs cant get the best out of these players, they have lost them. maybe just maybe that will get the team rolling again but even then gainey still needs to bolster this team by the deadline something he has steadfastly refused to do the last 2 years.

habs are in a total mess and gainey is NOT the one who can save them.
firing carbo won't help at this point.only one way to go..Bench kovalev.did you see him play last night.all those fancy plays.guy thinks he still playing in the allstar game.biggest baby i've ever seen.gainey and carbo keep sucking up yo him.nail his sorry rich ass to the press box..
as for price..he needs to go back to basics.just show a little emotion out there.sad to see him play that bad.
gainey also needs to make a deal bring in some new blood.

habs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Frank Doby

Old
02-08-2009, 07:44 AM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1967 View Post
firing carbo won't help at this point.only one way to go..Bench kovalev.did you see him play last night.all those fancy plays.guy thinks he still playing in the allstar game.biggest baby i've ever seen......gainey also needs to make a deal bring in some new blood.
what bothers me is we've also seen carbo/gainey have problems with ryder/ribeiro/samsonov that we know of and there must be even more on the team?

firing carbo now will at least give habs a chance to rebound. i really think if habs have a terrible roadtrip this week, carbonneau will not coach another game in montreal this year. but gainey is his friend? the exact reason carbonneau never should have got the job in thefirst place.

you saw how quickly chicago turned it completely around just by firing savard and hiring a real coach. or how tampa bay also turned it around firing melrose who had been to a stanley cup final once as coach.

Old
02-08-2009, 07:55 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
what bothers me is we've also seen carbo/gainey have problems with ryder/ribeiro/samsonov that we know of and there must be even more on the team?

firing carbo now will at least give habs a chance to rebound. i really think if habs have a terrible roadtrip this week, carbonneau will not coach another game in montreal this year. but gainey is his friend? the exact reason carbonneau never should have got the job in thefirst place.

you saw how quickly chicago turned it completely around just by firing savard and hiring a real coach. or how tampa bay also turned it around firing melrose who had been to a stanley cup final once as coach.
Wow. Short time here, and you've already set the record for 'fire Carbo' references and a precedent for missing the point. Congrats.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:30 AM
GoodKiwi

Stay put at the deadline and trade a couple of UFA players for draft picks and/or prospects. Then see what we can do in the playoffs with our young players.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:30 AM
jed

gainey should go back behind the bench.

jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Montreal Typical

If I was Bob Gainey, I wouldn't be me because I would be Bob Gainey. Therefore, I would do exactly what Bob Gainey is doing, whatever that is.

Last edited by Montreal Typical: 02-08-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:48 AM
BadHabit

It's pretty clear to me with the lack of effort the players are putting in, that Carbo just cannot get the best out of them anymore. I have never thought that his system fits the type of players we have, and there are documented communication problems he has had with his players. To be completely honest, I haven't really "liked" him all that much since he came to Montreal as a head coach. I also think now is the time to part ways with him, but that will never happen. There is no way that Bob Gainey is going to fire a friend of his, with all eyes on Montreal in the 100th anniversary season. Trades just aren't going to do it... and the return on what we will get is going to suffer because of our slumping players who are having crappy years. As for who to bring in? I have no idea. I liked Gainey as an interim coach, but he probably doesn't want the pressure and being in the spotlight all the time now.

Something has to change to spark this team, and I think we're beyond the point of benching players. We saw how well that worked last year.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
My plan is to finish my breakfast, wait for my lift, then go to my hockey game.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 08:50 AM
HABitual Fan

become sellers! There are many teams deperate to make the playoffs with good young players not yet in the NHL they would be willing to part with. These GM's need to win this season, not in 2 or 3 years. Gainey saw this group in the playoffs last year, gave them a chance to show that they have learned now what it takes to be winners, and in many cases they have yet to step-up to the challenge. Time to identify who will be part of the next contending team and give them playing time, and jetison the rest out of here for what we can get that fits the mold of the type of player we need. Time to identify the new core and as painful as it is, part with the rest.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Fozz

Quote:
That's Carbonneau's job... Not Gainey's.

Quote:
Yeah, sure. There's a Marc Savard type player at every street corner... Let's just grab one.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I think there is a problem in the dressing room,I don't know which players but im pretty sure there is.The Habs need to address that and get rid of all the ones that don't wanna work hard every night.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:21 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:

trade with lightning.

price + plekanec + subban + 1rst ..... for smith and lecavalier .

then higgins + 2nd to FLA for jaybo.

then:

A.kos-koivu-Dago
Tanguay- Lecavalier- kovalev
Pacioretty-Lapierre- Latendresse
kostopoulos- begin - Laraque

markov komi
hamrlik jaybo
bouillon gorges

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Frank Doby

It would be two great additions to the Club. Are they available really for this price...

Old
02-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
trade with lightning.

price + plekanec + subban + 1rst ..... for smith and lecavalier .

then higgins + 2nd to FLA for jaybo.

then:

A.kos-koivu-Dago
Tanguay- Lecavalier- kovalev
Pacioretty-Lapierre- Latendresse
kostopoulos- begin - Laraque

markov komi
hamrlik jaybo
bouillon gorges

You know what the funny thing is, I was thinking of the exact trade yesterday just taht it included Higgins. It won't happen, but if it were to happen, it wouldn't surprise me.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
It would be two great additions to the Club. Are they available really for this price...
gotta love the irony

Old
02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You know what the funny thing is, I was thinking of the exact trade yesterday just taht it included Higgins. It won't happen, but if it were to happen, it wouldn't surprise me.
I know we're probably going to earn a lifetime ban from HF , but I'd pull the trigger on that trade, don't tell anyone.