HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please no more Bashing!! Let's point the finger at our 1 for 7 PP last night!

Old
02-08-2009, 10:11 AM
GeneralMarky79

vCash: 500
Please no more Bashing!! Let's point the finger at our 1 for 7 PP last night!

I have have read the thread about bashing Carey and I would have to say I am ashamed of the people bashing him. He is just a 21 y/o kid with still a lot to prove. I think I even read that someone said he is a bust? LOL cmon now give me a break! He knows he had a bad game and it is time for him to rebound. This 6 game road trip is going to say a lot about our team's character. One guy who does have character is Mathieu Dandenault and I think he deserves a shot at playing. I agree with most that kovalev needs a game in the press box to maybe think about what hes doing? Hes floating out there and Dandenault I think would bring a nice spark and some character here in the next 6 games. DISCUSS

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX PACIORETTY View Post
I have have read the thread about bashing Carey and I would have to say I am ashamed of the people bashing him. He is just a 21 y/o kid with still a lot to prove. I think I even read that someone said he is a bust? LOL cmon now give me a break! He knows he had a bad game and it is time for him to rebound. This 6 game road trip is going to say a lot about our team's character. One guy who does have character is Mathieu Dandenault and I think he deserves a shot at playing. I agree with most that kovalev needs a game in the press box to maybe think about what hes doing? Hes floating out there and Dandenault I think would bring a nice spark and some character here in the next 6 games. DISCUSS
I told my GF last night that I expect Dandenault to be back in the line up on Monday against Calgary..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:30 AM
ToysInTheAttic

3 positives for the Habs in the midst of this slump. Pacioretty, D'Agostini, and O'Byrne. Price will find his game soon enough.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:36 AM
TheCH*

Meh even if the pp went 2 for 7 which is above average, thats still not enough to overcome your goalie letting in 3-4 softies.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:40 AM
GeneralMarky79

3-4 softies? so which was it? 3 or 4? LOL. I think us habs fans need to stay with our team even through the bad times. And right now times are really bad! I liked Komi after the game sticking up for Price. Shouldn't some of the blame be put on the D? or the Forwards not backchecking IE: KOVY. Think about that one.

Old
02-08-2009, 10:41 AM
HabsoluteFate

the PP wasn't the problem...the lack of work was...
when your in a slump you have to work hard to try and get out of it.
keep things simple...

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:42 AM
JrHockeyFan

The top power play in the league is Detroit at 27.6%. If we got one more PP goal last nite we'd be 2 for 7 which is 28.6% PP rate

Anybody out there think that one more goal wins that game?

There's a lot more to this than power player futility

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX PACIORETTY View Post
3-4 softies? so which was it? 3 or 4? LOL. I think us habs fans need to stay with our team even through the bad times. And right now times are really bad! I liked Komi after the game sticking up for Price. Shouldn't some of the blame be put on the D? or the Forwards not backchecking IE: KOVY. Think about that one.
3 or 4 means 3 softies and a borderline softie. Yes some of the blame should be and is put on the rest of the team as well.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
totalrecall

This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
GeneralMarky79

I see what you are saying but Im looking at this ONE game against a very bad Toronto team. 1 for 7 against Toronto isnt very good. Im not saying 2 for 7 would have changed much but back in the second period it may have swung the momentum our way. I realize there is a lot more to this slump than the PP, that is pretty obvious.

Old
02-08-2009, 10:48 AM
BigBen07

Hockey is a funny game. Yes we didnt have the effort or desperation in the 1st period yet, we still missed an empty net-if that goes in and we go up 1-0 who knows how the game plays out. We did give up 18 shots or whatever it was but i thouhgt the majority were from the outside and Altho Price looked like he was fighting the puck he managed to hold us in the game. We had a great 2nd period with tons of chances, we just didnt capitalize. Thats what happens when you are struggeling. We had enough chances to take over the game and seize the momentum the fact is we didnt. Everyone has to be better its as simple as that. Hopefully that starts Monday night in Calgary.

BigBen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
TSV

Send a message via MSN to TSV
they had chances and post on the PP... just can't buy a goal or a lucky bounce...

at 2-1 laraque setup AK who miss the net
higgins shot on the leaf of toskala on a break away... chances are there.

price had alot of problem with is positioning... he was weak on all 5 goals and that's a fact, but I still love the kid !!

-can't buy a goal and your goaltender give away some = big problem
-when your best player on the ice his 19teen (maxpac) = ouch!

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:52 AM
MonacoBlue

I wish that the bashing and the finger pointing would stop completely. The same people who had ridiculous expectations for this team coming into the season or who projected amazing team performances based on one good win are the ones pressing the panic button and jumping off bridges. The season is long, and it's not over. It's one thing to calmly note what you don't like about the team, but to ***** ridiculously about the game (which you know is one of the team's worst games this year) is just dumb.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM
JackieChan

Is Jarvis still running the PP? That's one thing that needs to be addressed.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
3 positives for the Habs in the midst of this slump. Pacioretty, D'Agostini, and O'Byrne. Price will find his game soon enough.
I agree with this comment.

What frustrates me to no end is how guys like Dags and Pac draw penalties from their hustle and Carbo puts out the guys who have killed the Power Play right away.
Pleks and his 22 points needs to watch from the bench, Kovalev has lost all confidence and looks horrendous on the PP.

Carbo needs to play the youngsters since they seem to be the only players hustling with the exception of Koivu and Higgins who always work hard.

I think Price should be sent to Hamilton for a 10 game Conditioning stint.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote