HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Byrne VS. Komisarek

Old
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Tyson

vCash: 500
O'Byrne VS. Komisarek

Komisarek is approaching 350 NHL games, O'Byrne played his 60th NHL Game last night.
How did Komisarek look after 60 NHL games? Brutal is a good way to describe how Big Mike performed early in his career.
We all know that O'Byrne has looked solid at times and absolutely awful at other times.

Komisarek is solid defensively but he has zero offensive upside and when was the last time that his shot from the point actually made it through??

O'Byrne seems to have much better offensive awareness, pinches very smartly, wont hesitatate to dump the puck along the boards behind the net.

I know many people wont agree with me but Komisarek never played as well as O'Byrne has the past 4-5 games this early in his career.

My point is Ryan O'Byrne is developing very well and is ahead of Komisarek in terms of development after 60 NHL Games.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I do think O'Byrne will do a little like Komisarek. He needs more time to develop and may not be as good as Komisarek but can develop in a very good defensive D-man. He may have more offensive talent too.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Fire Brunet*

Big mean d-men don't wear visors

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Magic33

It seems like as O'B gains more confidence, he will definitely have a better offensive upside then komi does, which is a good thing. Although im not sure its possible to be worse offensively then komi haha

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:51 AM
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
It seems like as O'B gains more confidence, he will definitely have a better offensive upside then komi does, which is a good thing. Although im not sure its possible to be worse offensively then komi haha
It's sad when a player than just fires the puck up the boards even when someone is open has more offensive upside than Komisarek.

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
do you think one day some player will innovate the sports by being the first enforcer to play not with a visor, but with protective glasses?

the team performance is driving me crazy...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
MTL-rules

Komisarek makes me crazy with his Rivet imitation of not being able to put a puck on the net... his stupid rist shots always get block and a quick counter-attack is produced instead of a scoring chance for the habs...

He has to work on that, O'Byrne is much better at finding the empty spaces...

That's about the only parallel we can make between the two, even if O'Byrne played relatively well since his call-up, he's still miles away from Komisarek.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Doesn't matter how big you are, a puck or stick in the eye still hurts!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Doesn't matter how big you are, a puck or stick in the eye still hurts!
That's not the point.

This may sound stupid, but players with a mean streak don't wear visors, because they will have to fight here and there and gain more respect and look tougher without a visor. See: Komisarek, Regehr, Chara, Jason Smith, Matt Greene, etc. Don't get me started on forwards...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Mustafa*

O'Byrne will never be dominant physicaly as Komo is, he will never have the defensive awarness (blocking shots, taking the puck off the adversary) that Komo has and will never be the leader Komo is.

That said i have always been high on OB even after all his mistakes at the begining of the season. The guy likes to play physical, he's big (i mean realy big), when he's confident he can make smart plays with the puck and he an awesome skater for a guy his size.

Like someone said in another thread, he's now playing the KISS system and it fits him well.

Quote:
That's not the point.

This may sound stupid, but players with a mean streak don't wear visors, because they will have to fight here and there and gain more respect and look tougher without a visor. See: Komisarek, Regehr, Chara, Jason Smith, Matt Greene, etc. Don't get me started on forwards...
Yeah but maybe it's not the case with OB, maybe he's more of a Volchenkov/Bouillon type of player. Fighting hasn't been good for him in the NHL.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
That's not the point.

Komisarek can't fight for crap. He should wear a visor.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Travis Moen

Komisarek will be a future captain while O'byrne is more likely to be a flop...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Komisarek will be a future captain while O'byrne is more likely to be a flop...
I don't like the idea of Komi becoming the captain. He'll stop hitting and playing physical because he will think it's not necessary for a captain to do this. (i think u guys understand my point, my english sux).

See what happened to Higgins when he started wearing the A. He stopped playing like he used to. And now, Komo is playing like **** the last few games because he's wearing the A.

KOMO is not a Lidstrom type of player who can play non physical.

I don't know if it's reliated or something.. just sharing.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:56 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
That's not the point.

Who cares a about your silly opinion, if a player wants to protect his eyes from stick/puck, doesn't make him any less tough in my books.

Wow that guy was tough, he didn't want to wear a visor and now can't see properly in one eye. What a tough guy!!!!
Hockey players go on living after hockey, I wouldn't want the sport I love to hinder my living because "im a tougher player" without a visor. Sounds like a childish opinion to me.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Bobby G

Phaneuf is a big, young and tough D-man who rocks a visor.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
How did Komisarek look after 60 NHL games? Brutal is a good way to describe how Big Mike performed early in his career.
And a great way to describe how he's played recently - awful giveaway against Boston cost us that game, brutal giveaway against Buffalo lost the game for us and he's now "pulled a Rivet" far more times than Rivet ever did, shooting the puck into shin pads every chance he gets.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote