HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comcast Center Ice Question

Old
02-07-2009, 07:18 PM
CapsCrazy

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CapsCrazy
Comcast Center Ice Question

I recently moved to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and unfortunately Comcast shows Flyers games up here. I'm thinking about buying Comcast's Center Ice package to get my Caps fix, but I've heard rumors that other Comcast networks (Mid-Atlantic, Bay Area, Chicago, etc.) are frequently blacked out due to Comcast Philadelphia. Does anyone know if this is true? I tried calling Comcast, and they were beyond unhelpful.

I figure this would be a good place to ask since I imagine there are some people in/around the Hershey area (Harrisburg is about 15 miles away) that have tried Comcast Center Ice.

Thanks in advance!

CapsCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Comcast has the worst customer support of any company in any industry I've ever dealt with. They are beyond inept, and 99% of the time are completely clueless as to what the problem is or when/how it will be remedied.

That said, I have comcast in South Florida (I have no choice, if I did, I wouldn't be with them), and I haven't had too many problems specifically with blackouts of the Panthers games, but then again, those games are broadcast on Fox Sports -SE, not Centre Ice. I see all the Caps games... unless of course the entire cable connection is down... which with Comcast is fairly often and without explanation or ETA on reconnection.

DaleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter View Post
Comcast has the worst customer support of any company in any industry I've ever dealt with. They are beyond inept, and 99% of the time are completely clueless as to what the problem is or when/how it will be remedied.

That said, I have comcast in South Florida (I have no choice, if I did, I wouldn't be with them), and I haven't had too many problems specifically with blackouts of the Panthers games, but then again, those games are broadcast on Fox Sports -SE, not Centre Ice. I see all the Caps games... unless of course the entire cable connection is down... which with Comcast is fairly often and without explanation or ETA on reconnection.
Comcast is truly awful. It's unfortunate for them to dominate the DC tri-state area.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote