HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

Old
12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Should I be worried that through 2 pages of discussion there's no mention of Nick Petrecki?

I'm curious as to how he's looked this year. Sharks fans are really high on him, but most of us don't get to see anything aside from the odd BC game that ends up on ESPN

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
BostonCollegeFan

Went to BC..

Not much to add on Petrecki over what you already know about him. Big, skates very well for a 6'3 19 year old, and he's mean. He can join the rush, but mostly he's just a big mean defenseman that forwards don't want anything to do with. He takes some dumb penalties, and he sometimes gets called just because he's Nick Petrecki.. That'll stop once he starts playing pro hockey, though he'll probably still take some dumb penalties. The game this Saturday against rival BU is on ESPNU. BU is talented this year so the BC/BU games should be fun.

BostonCollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:53 PM
OldTimeHockey60

A bit off topic as it isn't related to a current player but Nathan Gerbe got called up to his NHL team Buffalo today. Pretty special for him.

OldTimeHockey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

How has Jimmy Hayes been thus far?

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:48 PM
BostonCollegeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
How has Jimmy Hayes been thus far?
Better than I thought he'd be in his freshman season. Considering he's so tall and dropped to 60th overall in the NHL draft, I was expecting him to be a project like Brian Boyle (Boyle skated on the 4th line as a freshman). Hayes skates well and has good balance for a young guy thats 6'5. I was listening to BU (arch rival) announcers talk about him.... they saw him play last year for the U 18 team and they commented that his skating is much better this year. He has nearly scored a couple times on wrap a rounds with his long reach. He's still getting use to the NCAA game, but he's getting better all the time. He has pretty good hands and a good shot. I've seen no major weaknesses in his game. He plays on our second line already and is starting to get some powerplay time. At this point, he looks like a pretty good pickup for the Leafs at 60th overall. He could be a monster once he packs on some muscle, but that takes time.

Its impossible to tell how quickly anyone will progress, but I don't think he'll be in school for 4 years.

Old
12-21-2008, 12:20 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonCollegeFan View Post
Better than I thought he'd be in his freshman season. Considering he's so tall and dropped to 60th overall in the NHL draft, I was expecting him to be a project like Brian Boyle (Boyle skated on the 4th line as a freshman). Hayes skates well and has good balance for a young guy thats 6'5. I was listening to BU (arch rival) announcers talk about him.... they saw him play last year for the U 18 team and they commented that his skating is much better this year. He has nearly scored a couple times on wrap a rounds with his long reach. He's still getting use to the NCAA game, but he's getting better all the time. He has pretty good hands and a good shot. I've seen no major weaknesses in his game. He plays on our second line already and is starting to get some powerplay time. At this point, he looks like a pretty good pickup for the Leafs at 60th overall. He could be a monster once he packs on some muscle, but that takes time.

Its impossible to tell how quickly anyone will progress, but I don't think he'll be in school for 4 years.
Thank you for this and alot of us Leafs fans will get a good look at him at the WJCs!

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Rob

Any Eagles fans plan on coming up to New Brunswick for their two exhibition games against UNB?

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
BCeagle

I'd rather drive to Burlington to see real games.

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
teflonsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
but I bet you can't get a good a poutine there.....

teflonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
I guess the distance + exhibition games isn't very inticing.

Old
01-03-2009, 07:33 AM
cishockeyfan

University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds Defeated Boston College 5-3 Friday night in a pretty faced paced game for it being the first for both teams since xmas break. Theyre were a few Boston fans that made the track up here for the games.

Hopefully they can have some poutine today and eat it with some eskimos way up here in Canada, since the way of living is so incredibly foreign here in New Brunswick compared to New England

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Alpine

I like the quotes in the Gleaner this AM.
BC coach called it "Holiday hockey"
BC goalie Muse:
Muse stopped short of calling it an upset.
"It's not about individuals, it's about team play, if a team of free agents plays better than a team of draft picks, that's the way it goes. We took it pretty seriously. We came here to win. Everywhere we go, we go to win"
Yes Cisfan, I've noticed a big difference in the way of life between New England and the Maritimes. Thinking.........................

Last edited by Alpine: 01-03-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
For reference, the Gleaner article can be found at:

http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/s...article/528740

Espher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Dmitri Kvartalnov

I was standing in line at Dunkin Donuts this morning to get my hangover helper, and I look behind me and Jerry York was standing there. Pretty random. We chatted a bit about hockey. Nice guy, that Jerry York. I wished him continued success. He said "We could use some more Kobasews." It was cool.

Dmitri Kvartalnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri Kvartalnov View Post
I was standing in line at Dunkin Donuts this morning to get my hangover helper, and I look behind me and Jerry York was standing there. Pretty random. We chatted a bit about hockey. Nice guy, that Jerry York. I wished him continued success. He said "We could use some more Kobasews." It was cool.
That's so cool. Yeah, Jerry is a real good guy, but then again so is everyone on the BC coaching staff.

Now if he could just gets his big guns scoring, I think he'd sleep better at night. That and he needs to tell Nick Petrecki straight up to get his head out of his rear and stop taking so many stupid penalties. I really Nick and all, but it's been driving me crazy watching him play this year.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Rob

Tough loss against Northeastern last night.

(the game was shown on Sportsnet here in Canada)

Old
03-08-2009, 03:44 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

With Petrecki, it's really a case of him being too big & strong for the college game. A lot of the time, he just shoves a guy but he's so strong that the shove does a lot more damage than it really should have / he intended it to. He should be aware of this and use it to make better decisions, but I think some of his problems will be lessened by playing against bigger opponents.

06-27-2009, 11:31 PM
BCeagle

BC Recruits

Kreider is coming to BC along with Patrick Wey

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...qCpRsjRw&gid=1

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 11:34 PM
clementnorman

will there be any playing time for brian dumolin?

clementnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
BostonCollegeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementnorman View Post
will there be any playing time for brian dumolin?
Yes he should get lots of ice time. We only have 1 upperclassman defenseman this season. Though 5 of our defensemen were drafted in the NHL, they don't have a lot of experience at the NCAA level.

Old
07-16-2009, 01:25 AM
TheBigZ

We should have a pretty solid team this year. Plus Tommy Cross looked great for the Bruins in development camp. He is now 6'3 209 and he skates so smoothly and fast and he has a rocket of a shot. He should help out our D considering we lost what 3 or 4 guys. Muse will be solid as always so IMO it will come down to finishing games. Last year we let up on teams and it cost us in the form of ties that shouldn't have happened. That cost us a playoff bid IMO.

TheBigZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 06:25 PM
BostonCollegeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigZ View Post
We should have a pretty solid team this year. Plus Tommy Cross looked great for the Bruins in development camp. He is now 6'3 209 and he skates so smoothly and fast and he has a rocket of a shot. He should help out our D considering we lost what 3 or 4 guys. Muse will be solid as always so IMO it will come down to finishing games. Last year we let up on teams and it cost us in the form of ties that shouldn't have happened. That cost us a playoff bid IMO.
Yes, though Muse had hip surgery in the offseason and isn't going to be ready to play until November. Big question mark in goal until he is healthy. Hopefully he has a full recovery. J

Old
07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
daddypuck

muse is butal. time for a change.

daddypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Cams

Kenny Ryan?

What is the official word on Kenny Ryan? It is my understanding that he has signed a letter of intent, but nothing beyond that. He would be arriving at BC this year wouldn't he? He did his 2 yrs at the USNTDP if I am not mistaken. Sure hope he decides to go to Windsor. Another Memorial Cup contender and solid team!

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 08:39 AM
BostonCollegeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post
What is the official word on Kenny Ryan? It is my understanding that he has signed a letter of intent, but nothing beyond that. He would be arriving at BC this year wouldn't he? He did his 2 yrs at the USNTDP if I am not mistaken. Sure hope he decides to go to Windsor. Another Memorial Cup contender and solid team!
He was seen at BC for orientation a couple weeks ago, seen at BC when Brooks Orpik brought the Cup to campus, and is currently listed on BC's 09-10 roster (which I think means he signed up for classes). I don't think its very likely at this point he jumps ship to Windsor, but anything is possible.