HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon vs Carle vs team philosophy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2009, 11:20 AM
  #1
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Bouillon vs Carle vs team philosophy

I love Bouillon and is efforts but.. dont you guys agree it may time to take is spot and make a kid play.. at least occasionnaly i know he makes effort every day, but i have the feeling we will never let him go.. I just dont see it...

the reason why i say this is because i see a player like Carle and i am very scared we might have another ''Robidas'' or ''Beauchemin'' in our hands.. i know he is still young, only his second ahl season, but he still got shafted for Weber when a chance opened up.. and most likely the habs will always see weber, subban and mcdonagh above him for some mystic reason.. I see him being a force in the future, his physic and first impression mental aspect and work ethic.. is very similar for me to Eric desjarding also was a second round pick... but i wonder.. when will he be ready? or i should say when we will do like all the other kids and make him learn the game in the NHL... we do it with o'byrne, we did it with Komisarek, we do it with a bunch of forwards this year, patch, dago, sergei k, and so on.. why is it we dont really give a chance to our offensive defenseman who dont get drafted in the first round.. its time to be serious with him...

Bouillon may have heart but i would try Carle in the nhl.. as soon as the coaching or managent has the guts to pull Bouillon.. even for a game.. Weber as more to learn, but his scoring ability is huge, but need lots of work physically and defensively. I would appreciate to see a player defensively who is bigger 6'1'' 210lbs with 40pts potential actually replace a guy like bouillon asap.. if Obyrne can do is horror fest why wouldnt Carle be allowed, he as pay more dues than lots of other forwards..

Carle is so underated i am sure if there is a player who would learn fast and give his 100% every game it would be ''local'' Mathieu Carle.

I am very afraid he will be traded soon and in 2 years we will again.. say.. we didnt have place for him.. good for him in ''x'' team in the west..

mathieu carle hockeydb :
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=74571


Last edited by Crusher20: 02-08-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
  #2
BigHab*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
I agree with you. I also think it is high time that Carle is given a shot with the big club considering, as you said, the number of younger players currently plying their trade with the Habs and learning as they go which includes making their share of mistakes. In order to be effective, Bouillon needs to grow another six inches. Lots of effort and heart but too little body as we have seen way too often this year.

The way the D has been playing lately, heck, I would put both Carle and Weber in. They can't do worse than what we already have playing.

From my perspective, Gainey needs to make a move and soon. This team is not going anywhere very soon. Too many vets seem to be sitting on their laurels. Why are we paying these guys so much to do so little when we can pay youngsters so little to do the same as what we are seeing now, perhaps they might even do a little more with their enthusiasm?

Am I the only one who thinks that Gainey may not be fast enough with his decisions to make moves or pull the trigger on an actual 'big' trade?

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
  #3
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Its not the time right now in this Major slump I think. Bouillon is not the reason the team loses, he should be a model to everybody on the team, he plays with heart and gritt.....something we are lacking

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:24 PM
  #4
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
I would also sit Boullion, he is just so tiny out there, no reach at all. Maybe Dandanault or Breezer will replace him.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
  #5
BigHab*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
I agree with you that Boullion is a model or should be a model of heart and grit for this team but he is way too small to handle the forwards in the league. And you must admit that we have witnessed his inability to do the job way too often this year. And lately, he has been horrible in his own end. I am not saying that it is all Boullion's fault that the team is losing as the blame can be well placed around the locker room.

When you compare the job that Boullion is doing or some of the other D are doing right now, why not give more opportunity to guys like Weber and Carle to learn as they go. So what if they turn the puck over or get caught out of position in a game....I, for one, have seen this D turn the puck over too many times this year. Truly, Carle and Weber cannot be worse than what is already there.

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
  #6
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
I agree with you that Boullion is a model or should be a model of heart and grit for this team but he is way too small to handle the forwards in the league. And you must admit that we have witnessed his inability to do the job way too often this year. And lately, he has been horrible in his own end. I am not saying that it is all Boullion's fault that the team is losing as the blame can be well placed around the locker room.

When you compare the job that Boullion is doing or some of the other D are doing right now, why not give more opportunity to guys like Weber and Carle to learn as they go. So what if they turn the puck over or get caught out of position in a game....I, for one, have seen this D turn the puck over too many times this year. Truly, Carle and Weber cannot be worse than what is already there.
I'm completely okay with trying the young guns, but can we settle this by saying that it is not the right time, I don't think it is right to start a young defenceman during this slump, it puts way too much pressure on the new guy.

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
  #7
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister mtl View Post
I'm completely okay with trying the young guns, but can we settle this by saying that it is not the right time, I don't think it is right to start a young defenceman during this slump, it puts way too much pressure on the new guy.
It is certainly not the right time. That team is all mixed up. They need a real vet D-Man. Or they need to regroup badly.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  #8
HABitual Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I love Bouillon and is efforts but.. dont you guys agree it may time to take is spot and make a kid play.. at least occasionnaly i know he makes effort every day, but i have the feeling we will never let him go.. I just dont see it...

the reason why i say this is because i see a player like Carle and i am very scared we might have another ''Robidas'' or ''Beauchemin'' in our hands.. i know he is still young, only his second ahl season, but he still got shafted for Weber when a chance opened up.. and most likely the habs will always see weber, subban and mcdonagh above him for some mystic reason.. I see him being a force in the future, his physic and first impression mental aspect and work ethic.. is very similar for me to Eric desjarding also was a second round pick... but i wonder.. when will he be ready? or i should say when we will do like all the other kids and make him learn the game in the NHL... we do it with o'byrne, we did it with Komisarek, we do it with a bunch of forwards this year, patch, dago, sergei k, and so on.. why is it we dont really give a chance to our offensive defenseman who dont get drafted in the first round.. its time to be serious with him...

Bouillon may have heart but i would try Carle in the nhl.. as soon as the coaching or managent has the guts to pull Bouillon.. even for a game.. Weber as more to learn, but his scoring ability is huge, but need lots of work physically and defensively. I would appreciate to see a player defensively who is bigger 6'1'' 210lbs with 40pts potential actually replace a guy like bouillon asap.. if Obyrne can do is horror fest why wouldnt Carle be allowed, he as pay more dues than lots of other forwards..

Carle is so underated i am sure if there is a player who would learn fast and give his 100% every game it would be ''local'' Mathieu Carle.
I am very afraid he will be traded soon and in 2 years we will again.. say.. we didnt have place for him.. good for him in ''x'' team in the west..

mathieu carle hockeydb :
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=74571
Underrated would be the last thing I would say about him, after watching him a few years in a row at the prospect camp. He has serious skating and balance issues and despite his size has been injured two years in a row in the pre-season. The "local" mention is just BS. If he is the best available defenseman he should get the call regardless of where he is from. His problem is that even in Hamilton he is not amongst the top defensemen, so first let him climb above the opposition there, before he needs to beat out the group currently in Montreal. If the Habs see others above him on the depth chart, my guess would be it is because they actually are.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  #9
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,011
vCash: 500
At this point and time, the awnser doesn't lie in the system but from an other team. There's gotta be something out there we could use and put this depth in the fold.
I'm getting more and more worried about Kovy's future here cause last night I lost count at like 20 turrn overs by this skilled player.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:55 PM
  #10
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
Underrated would be the last thing I would say about him, after watching him a few years in a row at the prospect camp. He has serious skating and balance issues and despite his size has been injured two years in a row in the pre-season. The "local" mention is just BS. If he is the best available defenseman he should get the call regardless of where he is from. His problem is that even in Hamilton he is not amongst the top defensemen, so first let him climb above the opposition there, before he needs to beat out the group currently in Montreal. If the Habs see others above him on the depth chart, my guess would be it is because they actually are.
Absolutely correct. He is not ready and IMO will not be part of the solution going forward. The only thing he's done consistently is put up PP points. At this point of the season Weber has passed him in all categories.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
  #11
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
The goal is winning, not giving chances to players who aren't ready and playing Carle or Weber is Bouillon's place isn't going to give the team a better chance at winning. At least, not at this point and time.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:11 PM
  #12
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
I completely agree, Bouillon plays with heart and lays out big hits but hes also overpowered alot not to mention the past few games hes been on the ice for almost every goal. We could use Carle on the team as a right PP shot and as a bigger defenseman

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.