HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A real fan at 110%

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
  #1
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
A real fan at 110%

Hey there,

After my quick stint on CTV News, last Thursday (Feb 5th), it was TQS' turn to want to interview me. It occured friday, February 6th and it aired that same evening, on 110%. It reruns monday, at 9am.

I was midly disappointed with CTV's newcast, as they recycled footage from a previous report and only added some stuff they recorded with me. But it was an amazing experience nonetheless, as it opened the next door:

TQS and the TV show 110%, well known for french-speaking Montreal Canadiens fans. I know that show is not popular with everyone, and the purpose of this thread is not to bash on that show.

I wanted to share the interview with you, it's in french only, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Imagine a video.



I hope I will be invited to the show, so that it open a door to real fans like us and to be able to give a different take on things. Fans like us often have different views and it would be fun to bring it to them.

And no, if it happens, I will not talk about unsupported subjects like I did in the past here.

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
  #2
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
I hope I will be invited to the show, so that it open a door to real fans like us and to be able to give a different take on things. Fans like us often have different views and it would be fun to bring it to them.

And no, if it happens, I will not talk about unsupported subjects like I did in the past here.
Yes, I saw you. Like somebody said in another thread...we know where you live now... Really good interview you did there. Good to see fans like that.

As far as having real fans invited to the show, well sure, hoping that the fans that could be invited will tell the journalists what they really think of them even if it means not going back....

Having said that, I believe that Hoziel fits the profile of a real fan. I really don't see his opinion as the one of an expert even if the "experts" are not so great to begin with...

Again, good job on the inverview.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
  #3
ROEN
HabsHQ
 
ROEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
WOW ! just ... WOW !!!

YOU GOT A FEVER !!! AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE HABABABABA !!!

btw you sounded great


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 10:04 AM.
ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
  #4
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
We share some of the same dream!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
  #5
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,304
vCash: 50
Oh that's pretty cool. Congrats. Not many people have a feature on them and get to advertise their site on TV for free.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:37 AM
  #6
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Fanatique au boutte

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:39 AM
  #7
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
I always tought you were a crazy asocial mofo, but you actualy sound like a perfectly educated young men, nice tats!

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
  #8
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,468
vCash: 500
If you get on the show and JC is there..please..please..pleeeeease destroy him!

And give a shot out to the HF community

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
  #9
Alfie Turcotte
Registered User
 
Alfie Turcotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Félicitation Daniel ! Bonne entrevue.

Alfie Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
  #10
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,121
vCash: 500
What does your/ his tattoo say ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
  #11
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What does your/ his tattoo say ?
It's the Montreal Canadiens moto

Twister mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
  #12
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yes, I saw you. Like somebody said in another thread...we know where you live now... Really good interview you did there. Good to see fans like that.

As far as having real fans invited to the show, well sure, hoping that the fans that could be invited will tell the journalists what they really think of them even if it means not going back....

Having said that, I believe that Hoziel fits the profile of a real fan. I really don't see his opinion as the one of an expert even if the "experts" are not so great to begin with...

Again, good job on the inverview.
Thanks Whitesnake. I agree with you, Hoziel is closer to a fan than an analyst. If I had a style to mimic, it would be a mix between Jean-Charles, but less agressive, less negative and Mario Langlois, positive, but more acertive.

Who knows. Cuz talking with Yvan Martineau, he told me it's very tough to be on that show, the other guests are extremely difficult to cut, and they tried inviting 'normal people' and it never worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
WOW ! just ... WOW !!!

YOU GOT A FEVER !!! AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE HABABABABA !!!

btw you sounded great
Thanks Roen, much appreciated. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
We share some of the same dream!
Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Oh that's pretty cool. Congrats. Not many people have a feature on them and get to advertise their site on TV for free.
It happens more often than not. There are many TVs shows that do promote Web projects. It occured to me last year, on another TV show, but Tricolore.ca was not were it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister mtl View Post
Fanatique au boutte
Mets-en. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I always tought you were a crazy asocial mofo, but you actualy sound like a perfectly educated young men, nice tats!
Ya, I know, I often gave a bad impression in writing. I prefer real life communication.

Thanks for your good words, it means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you get on the show and JC is there..please..please..pleeeeease destroy him!

And give a shot out to the HF community
I hope to force their hands. As I wrote, it's tough for normal fans to be a TV show. They tried it, it never worked. Jean-Charles is an exception. A big one. ;-)

I don't intend to fight or destroy anyone if it occurs. But I believe I can give anyone a run for his money. :-)

And depending on how it occurs, if it works, I have some ideas, which includes sharing what some of us thinks and that nobody can hear/read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Turcotte View Post
Félicitation Daniel ! Bonne entrevue.
Merci Alfie, c'est gentil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What does your/ his tattoo say ?
Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.


A loose translation:

Our bruised arms pass you the torch, it's now your turn to carry it with pride forever.

It's the Montreal Canadiens motto, in the locker room. We often refer to the 'torch' as our past, our history.

I see it as: We worked hard, with honor and we had success, now it's your turn to work hard, with honor and have success.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:06 PM
  #13
Senateurs
No rispek!!
 
Senateurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,355
vCash: 500
Nice interview, I'm sure you would make a better guest than some of the panelist on 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What does your/ his tattoo say ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.


A loose translation:

Our bruised arms pass you the torch, it's now your turn to carry it with pride forever.

It's the Montreal Canadiens motto, in the locker room. We often refer to the 'torch' as our past, our history.

I see it as: We worked hard, with honor and we had success, now it's your turn to work hard, with honor and have success.
It's a poem written during WWI called In Flanders Fields

Quote:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
  #14
Anthony P
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
To you from failing hands with throw the torch, be yours to hold it high....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:16 PM
  #15
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Nice interview, I'm sure you would make a better guest than some of the panelist on 110%





It's a poem written during WWI called In Flanders Fields
No bashing. ;-)

Thanks for the quote! I didn't know where it came from. Woah. Impressive.

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
  #16
JoliatMorenzGagnon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Nice job mr. Bigras.

I tend to think that if you were at 110%, with the kind of opinions and approaches you might have, Jean-Charles Lajoie would try to shut you up.

And how do you plan on forcing their hand?

JoliatMorenzGagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
  #17
n0pan
waddup doe
 
n0pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
T'as faite une criss de bonne entrevue. :-)

n0pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:45 PM
  #18
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlDiMeola View Post
Nice job mr. Bigras.

I tend to think that if you were at 110%, with the kind of opinions and approaches you might have, Jean-Charles Lajoie would try to shut you up.

And how do you plan on forcing their hand?
If Ron Fournier cannot shut me up, I don't think JC can. I often talk with Ron, Martin Lemay on the radio and often have lenghty discussions. I'm used to talk on the radio, and TV is becoming easier, as it's my 5th appearance.

I was in a debate on Canada AM on CTV in 2004, during the playoffs where all 6 Canadian teams made it. And I was the one talking the most.

How to force their hands?

I think I will need support from everyone, I think I will need to show them that I can be an asset to at least one show. That I can handle a show and take my place and not be crushed by these debatters.

My objective is long-term, I hope I can bring a fan voice to this world of paid professionnals. The same way an older rookie player would be extremely excited to play for his favorite team, I would be extremely excited to be able to fullfil a dream.

The whole thing needs to be positive. I made a lot of mistakes online, here also, and I was too negative in the past. I want to bring a positive, well thought-out attitude from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49K View Post
T'as faite une criss de bonne entrevue. :-)
Merci. C'est gentil. :-)

Thanks, that was nice of you.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:50 PM
  #19
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
I was trying to figure out how someone can be this geeky about the Habs until I saw "analyse en informatique".

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
  #20
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I was trying to figure out how someone can be this geeky about the Habs until I saw "analyse en informatique".
Ya. My job is to analyze IT infrastructure, IT security, projects, business needs. I'm used to this framework. I often use similar tools to analyze the Canadiens. :-)

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:44 PM
  #21
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,787
vCash: 500
With the way habs are playing now, would you consider laser surgery?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:53 PM
  #22
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Great job man,I got allot of **** my self,but if I get more my wife might wanna throw me out

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
  #23
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
With the way habs are playing now, would you consider laser surgery?
Hahaha. Never. Why bother about things that will be forgotten so quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Great job man,I got allot of **** my self,but if I get more my wife might wanna throw me out
Hey dude, add your pictures in the Photos/Videos section of Tricolore.ca, I want to show the world how fanatics we can be. I know I'm not the craziest, and it's not important to be. I'm just happy with what am I and I love to see passionnate people about the Canadiens.

My next girlfriend better be as crazy about the Canadiens as I am, cuz I don't intend to change the look of my place. :-)

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
  #24
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,123
vCash: 500
Michel Beaudry and Gabriel Grégoire are winners.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:21 PM
  #25
couz
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
I saw you too...your passion is awesome.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.