HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upcoming Road trip

Old
02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
BigBen07

vCash: 500
Upcoming Road trip

I was going to post this last night but I figured i'd give everyone a chance to sleep off some of the frustration from last night. It's pretty apparent that this is a very important part of our season. 6 tough road games at a time when we are stuggeling and beginning to slip in the standings. Even though we are not playing well, I think it's a good thing that the team can get out of town and not have to worry about anything other than hockey. Calgary on Monday night is going to be tough as they are struggeling too. Our boys better be ready. What does everyone think would be a successful trip? 8 out of 12 pts? I know everyone's confidence is down on the team and rightly so but I think we can have a good trip and use this road trip as a springboard into the rest of the season.
It's not likely we are going to see a trade before this trip is over, im sure Gainey could do something but other GM's know this too and are looking to take advantage of some of the desparation that may be beginning to set in. I think its up to the guys we have now to right the ship before we bring in some help for the stretch drive. Heres hoping we get the trip off to a good start Monday night. Thoughts?

Monday @ Calgary ( Tough place to play. Looking for a tight low scoring game)

Wednesday @ Edmonton ( should be a fun matchup, i think we matchup well)

Friday @ Colorado ( Certainly a winnable game, have to get these 2 pts IMO)

Sunday @ Vancouver ( Another tough one, Canucks played well last night and
maybe rounding into form. Not to mention Luongo who
who is always tough on us)

Wednesday (18th) @ Washington ( Caps are a great home team, hopefully we have
momentum and confidence by then)

Thursday (19th) @ Pitt ( Big game as the Pens are one of the teams chasing us)

Go Habs Go!

BigBen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
kovaless

I will be at the edmontont game!

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:05 AM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalicious View Post
I will be at the edmontont game!
Nice! I bet it'll be a great game to be at. Lets hope the habs take the 2 pts

Old
02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Magic33

I see us going something like 2-4, especially with the way we are playing right now. We are playing some good teams throughout this stretch.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
GoodKiwi

Edmonton and Colorado games are certainly winnable, but the rest I'm not so sure about.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
THE HOFF

I saw gorges and higgins walking on peel at around 11h last night ... they both looked depressed but yet found a bit of time to say hi and talk for about 5 secondes as they walked by. Gorges looked really upset .... I'm sure being out of town won't be a bad thing ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Seeing how the Habs had a one hour practice today, we'll be tired and play really sloppy vs the Flames.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
prevail

Carbo said it best last night. The road trip will be good for us, 2 weeks on the road as a team, no distractions, just all the guys together, talk some things over.

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:44 PM
The n00b King *

6-0-0

I'm calling it now.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:47 PM
3TB3*

"I was going to post this last night but I figured i'd give everyone a chance to sleep off some of the frustration from last night. "

--
it's not just last night habs lost 7 of last 9 and were lucky to have beat the kings

Jan 20 Canadiens 2 Thrashers 4
Jan 21 Canadiens 1 Devils 3
Jan 27 Canadiens 3 Lightning 5
Jan 29 Canadiens 1 Panthers 5
Jan 31 Kings 3 Canadiens 4
Feb 1 Bruins 3 Canadiens 1
Feb 3 Penguins 2 Canadiens 4
Feb 6 Canadiens 2 Sabres 3
Feb 7 Maple Leafs 5 Canadiens 2

if pitts and phil win this aft habs will be in 5th place 6 points ahead of florida in 10th place who has one game in hand on the habs.

with a 4 game to west coast roadtrip followed by 2 more road games at tough washington and pittsburgh who is now starting to wake up and might have gonchar back.

something big is going to have to happen in next week and a half or habs are in serious trouble - enuff of gainey fiddling while rome burns!

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:00 PM
otto bond

This team needs something, c'mmon Bob, help your coach and do something not being a ahl move. NOW

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:01 PM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
"I was going to post this last night but I figured i'd give everyone a chance to sleep off some of the frustration from last night. "

--
it's not just last night habs lost 7 of last 9 and were lucky to have beat the kings

Jan 20 Canadiens 2 Thrashers 4
Jan 21 Canadiens 1 Devils 3
Jan 27 Canadiens 3 Lightning 5
Jan 29 Canadiens 1 Panthers 5
Jan 31 Kings 3 Canadiens 4
Feb 1 Bruins 3 Canadiens 1
Feb 3 Penguins 2 Canadiens 4
Feb 6 Canadiens 2 Sabres 3
Feb 7 Maple Leafs 5 Canadiens 2

if pitts and phil win this aft habs will be in 5th place 6 points ahead of florida in 10th place who has one game in hand on the habs.

with a 4 game to west coast roadtrip followed by 2 more road games at tough washington and pittsburgh who is now starting to wake up and might have gonchar back.

something big is going to have to happen in next week and a half or habs are in serious trouble - enuff of gainey fiddling while rome burns!
Oh i hear ya about it not being about just last night. All i meant by that was if i had to post it last night im sure there would of been a lot more people posting about how we suck and are going to go 0-6 etc etc...which they may still do if thats what they think but at least this way some of the frustration has died down and people are a bit more objective.
I'm not denying we have problems b/c we do. I personally think we arent as bad as we are playing and the results we are getting now nor as we as good as some people predicted us to be or the results we got early on. I think we are somewhere in between. A game were bounces go our way will probably do wonders for our guys confidence and ability to get back on the right track. We've been bad but we havent had much luck or bounces go our way either. Either way i'm with this team until the end of the season.

Old
02-08-2009, 02:07 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
This team needs something, c'mmon Bob, help your coach and do something not being a ahl move. NOW
i repeat as gainey fiddles this team is burning up

the man has been a terrible gm since here and its unbelievable that so many montreal fans dont want to accept the facts of his incompetant and do nothing moves.

most so green they dont have a clue about how good gms selke and pollock used to be as they made the habs the winningest sports franchise even over the yankees. of course now passed by the yankeesas habs have not had a decent gm in years.

don't shoot the messenger

Old
02-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Unless one of the goalies step up this is gonna be a long trip.

Losing VS TB,ATL,TOR and FLO really hurt the team confidence.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen07 View Post
Oh i hear ya about it not being about just last night. All i meant by that was if i had to post it last night im sure there would of been a lot more people posting about how we suck and are going to go 0-6 etc etc...which they may still do if thats what they think but at least this way some of the frustration has died down and people are a bit more objective.
I'm not denying we have problems b/c we do. I personally think we arent as bad as we are playing and the results we are getting now nor as we as good as some people predicted us to be or the results we got early on. I think we are somewhere in between. A game were bounces go our way will probably do wonders for our guys confidence and ability to get back on the right track. We've been bad but we havent had much luck or bounces go our way either. Either way i'm with this team until the end of the season.
im with em too, but i dont like the gm because of his moves and non-moves.

who do you think will go outy and gert the deal done at the trad deadline to help their team to the playoff chase? phillys, washingtons, san jose's gm etc. or gainey?

2 years in a row i remember the stories the rumors the posters the radio, the tv on gainey is looking to get hossa or whoever then does nothing and makes excuses and fans here keep swallowing it.

i remember pollock- gainey couldnt shine pollocks gm shoes. although gainey was a very good checking forward.

Old
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
im with em too, but i dont like the gm because of his moves and non-moves.

who do you think will go outy and gert the deal done at the trad deadline to help their team to the playoff chase? phillys, washingtons, san jose's gm etc. or gainey?

2 years in a row i remember the stories the rumors the posters the radio, the tv on gainey is looking to get hossa or whoever then does nothing and makes excuses and fans here keep swallowing it.

i remember pollock- gainey couldnt shine pollocks gm shoes. although gainey was a very good checking forward.
First of all in regards to Mr. Pollock, he was a great GM and his record speaks for itself- 9 stanley cups in 14 years i think. However that was in the 70's and 80's in a totally different era. There was no Salary cup to worry about, far less teams and Montreal was the place to play hockey if you wanted to win a championship. So much has changed since then. Players today would probably rather take the money and play elsewhere and not have to deal with all the pressure assoicated with playing in Montreal and at the same still find a team that has just as good if not better chance at winning a championship. Thats not even mentioning the taxes and weather which as sad as it is influences FA's decisions to sign here. But like I said cant argue with his success but its SO hard to compare eras.

As for Mr. Gainey, i'mm probably one of the few fans who still has faith in him and am happy with the job he and his staff as done over the past several seasons. I shiver every time i think about our late 90's teams. We've come along way since then.

In response to Gainey not pulling the trigger any the major deals, that criticism is fair. However, from what has been reported i think he made the right decisions the majority of the time. For example, im glad he didnt give up all those assets to acquire Hossa last year b/c theres wasnt a chance in hell he was going to sign here. Gainey did everything he did to lure Sundin here but at the end of the day it was Sundins decision theres only so much you can do.
Speaking of this year, im hoping he does something to supplement our team and help add additional depth. I am personally hoping for a dman and maybe a shakeup up front. It easier said then done however, you look at the standings and there arent many sellers out there. Look at the west standings , pretty much every team thinks they have a chance. So its a matter of finding the right fit not just making a trade for the hell of it. Im sure he knows we have areas to address and is trying to do it. Whether something happens remains to be seen.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vs Flames W 5-3
vs Oilers W 7-2
vs Avalanche W 4-1
vs Canucks W 2-1
vs Washington W 3-2
vs Pittsburgh W 3-1

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
vs Flames W 5-3
vs Oilers W 7-2
vs Avalanche W 4-1
vs Canucks W 2-1
vs Washington W 3-2
vs Pittsburgh W 3-1

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
vs Flames W 5-3
vs Oilers W 7-2
vs Avalanche W 4-1
vs Canucks W 2-1
vs Washington W 3-2
vs Pittsburgh W 3-1

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
vs Flames W 5-3
vs Oilers W 7-2
vs Avalanche W 4-1
vs Canucks W 2-1
vs Washington W 3-2
vs Pittsburgh W 3-1

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Bill McNeal

It's pretty impressive to predict the correct score of a blowout. He didn't get the winner right, but impressive nonetheless.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
It's pretty impressive to predict the correct score of a blowout. He didn't get the winner right, but impressive nonetheless.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
3TB3*

Quote:

Monday @ Calgary ( Tough place to play. Looking for a tight low scoring game) BOMBED!

Wednesday @ Edmonton ( should be a fun matchup, i think we matchup well) BOMBED!

Friday @ Colorado ( Certainly a winnable game, have to get these 2 pts IMO) WON BY A MIRACLE!

Sunday @ Vancouver ( Another tough one, Canucks played well last night and maybe rounding into form. Not to mention Luongo who is always tough on us) LOSE TO A BETTER COACHED TEAM!

Wednesday (18th) @ Washington ( Caps are a great home team, hopefully we have momentum and confidence by then) WRONG!

Thursday (19th) @ Pitt ( Big game as the Pens are one of the teams chasing us) AND WERE SMART ENUFF TO FIRE THEIR COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF A ROADTRIP!

Go Habs Go!
2 More losses coming! Were extremely lucky to end up 1-5!

Old
02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
First of all in regards to Mr. Pollock, he was a great GM and his record speaks for itself- 9 stanley cups in 14 years i think. However that was in the 70's and 80's in a totally different era. There was no Salary cup to worry about, far less teams and Montreal was the place to play hockey if you wanted to win a championship. So much has changed since then. Players today would probably rather take the money and play elsewhere and not have to deal with all the pressure assoicated with playing in Montreal and at the same still find a team that has just as good if not better chance at winning a championship. Thats not even mentioning the taxes and weather which as sad as it is influences FA's decisions to sign here. But like I said cant argue with his success but its SO hard to compare eras.

As for Mr. Gainey, i'mm probably one of the few fans who still has faith in him and am happy with the job he and his staff as done over the past several seasons. I shiver every time i think about our late 90's teams. We've come along way since then.

In response to Gainey not pulling the trigger any the major deals, that criticism is fair. However, from what has been reported i think he made the right decisions the majority of the time. For example, im glad he didnt give up all those assets to acquire Hossa last year b/c theres wasnt a chance in hell he was going to sign here. Gainey did everything he did to lure Sundin here but at the end of the day it was Sundins decision theres only so much you can do.
Speaking of this year, im hoping he does something to supplement our team and help add additional depth. I am personally hoping for a dman and maybe a shakeup up front. It easier said then done however, you look at the standings and there arent many sellers out there. Look at the west standings , pretty much every team thinks they have a chance. So its a matter of finding the right fit not just making a trade for the hell of it. Im sure he knows we have areas to address and is trying to do it. Whether something happens remains to be seen.
they used to call the habs one of the greatest franchises in north american sports, comparing them with the yankees only for amount of championships won. fans here used to be upset if habs even got beat in the stanley cup final- that was considered a bad year. in ny yanks make playoffs from 1996-2007 under joe torre's entire tenure there but had not won the world series since 2000 - and that was considered not good enough and he was fired.

on vancouver tv coverage of game last night they said "habs great tradition is of the distant pass and habs have now won the cup but twice in last 30 years and haven't won it in almost 16 years now."

here fans today are satisfied with this inferior product gainey has produced over the last 5 years? unbelievable!