HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Renney!! (Part 2)

View Poll Results: What Should Become of Renney
Keep him! 82 35.04%
Fire him or Demote him! (Assistant Coach, Scout, etc) 152 64.96%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Nick00

vCash: 500
Maloney is basically saying he wouldn't be surprised to see Renney go.

Old
02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Shouldnt come to any surprise.

Old
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
over on carps blog, in the comments he said someone he talked to and that he trusts that it will not happen tomorrow, but also a listener to 1050 said that botta was on the air and said it is going to happen tomorrrow. this is all in the comments section on carps latest post..

Old
02-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Nick00

I say it happens after the Devils loss, assuming they lose.

Old
02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I hope hank is still "sick" and we lose 15-0 to the devils.

it will be worth it just this once.

Old
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

muhahahaa...

He won't get fired till the Rangers fall to 8th in the conference.

1 or 2 more games.

Gives Sather time to get Messier, Graves, Leetch, and Ricther together and make them the coaches of this team.

Read an article where all of them have expressed interest in getting into the org...and specifically behind the bench.

Even if we lose the rest of the season, I would like to see it...just for Shiggles.

In the meantime, Sather will get Avery to Rangerland, the only place he was ever really appreciated. I still giggle when I see videos of him waving his hands in front of Brodeur, I also think it was right to suspend him for his statements about Phaneuf's girlhoe. Bettman was just protecting future hockey players with no teeth ,so they can get hot chicks too.

In getting Avery, Drury will wavie his no trade clause and we can ship his butt out of dodge.

This will give us Avery, who had chemistry with Gomez (not willing to give up on him yet, Drury yes, since he won't be a good captain on a messier coached team)

Giving us a lineup of the following

Nas - Gomer - Avery
Prucha/Pickup in Drury Trade - Dubi/ Pickup in Drury Trade - Zherdev
Dawes - Dubi/Pickup in Drury Trade - Callahan
Voros - Betts - Sjo

Now this will give Sather lots of cap space. Hopefully unless he gets comparable pickup in the trade. I think the Avs want Drury back, so let's expect a few players in the trade. Colorado will have to get rid of 4 million to get Drury ...Think Svatos and Tucker. With Sakic and Statsny both Injured, they need help at Center. Potentially Ryan Smyth can be packaged in an offer. I can come up with lots of packages, but the final is going to need to be 4 million worth...Smyth is in at 6 million and would look good on that second line with Dubi and Z....despite his age.

Sather is going to make a move, its just a matter of what its going to be. No one let's their team lose 10-2 and not do anything...even James Dolan.

Last edited by MikeyLikesHockey: 02-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old
02-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Slick Rick 61

This is my take on the situation. Many fans have been calling for Renney's head for some time. Now management obviously wouldn't make a rash decision, as some of us fans would like to see. However, I do think this embarrassing loss at Dallas (after a "punishment), certainly opened the eyes of the Rangers brass to POSSIBLY making a move, or coaching change. What that "something" is, I'm not sure. However I do feel that if the NJ and Washington games turn out to be disastrous, I would be willing to bet something will certainly be done, again what that move is, I don't know.

Old
02-07-2009, 11:32 PM
OverTheCap

Dave Maloney was dead-on concerning his analysis of Renney on Hockey Night Live. He said Renney fails to hold the veterans accountable and he must hold them accountable if he wants to extend his career as the coach of the Rangers. We'll see what happens in the upcoming games.

I think Gomez only played around 3 minutes in the 3rd period against Dallas, but I was disappointed to see him on the 5-on-3 instead of Dubi after his horrible performance in the 1st. By the time Renney benched Gomez, it was already too late and we were down 5-2. The veterans on this team can no longer be coddled because they aren't learning from their mistakes.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:06 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

renney says he feels safe

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082009...afe_154027.htm

"I don't believe that a change is being considered and with the relationship I have with the organization, I think I would be aware of it if that were the case. I don't sense we're anywhere near that."

guess time will tell

Old
02-08-2009, 04:28 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post

Nas - Gomer - Avery
Voros - Fritche - Sjo
You obviously have no concept of what's been going on with the team lately.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Macke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

I think Gomez only played around 3 minutes in the 3rd period against Dallas, but I was disappointed to see him on the 5-on-3 instead of Dubi after his horrible performance in the 1st. By the time Renney benched Gomez, it was already too late and we were down 5-2. The veterans on this team can no longer be coddled because they aren't learning from their mistakes.
What pisses me off is how Naslund doesn't get top unit 5 on 3 time.

Old
02-08-2009, 08:38 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
This team should be 9/10th placed team. The only thing keeping us in a playoff spot is the system Renney employs.
I disagree. The only thing that keeps this team from being that low on the totem pole is Henke.

Old
02-08-2009, 08:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I just don't believe Renney has control of the team.
To me, the most damming thing is the way that the team has played. Up until this year, the post-lockout Rangers have always been a hard working team. The way tha the team has played this year, reminds me of the dark years that preceeded the lockout. More often than not, they are being outhustled and outworked. There has not been a willingness to engage the opposition. It is beginning to remind me of Ron Low's teams.

Old
02-08-2009, 08:43 AM
trademasterb*

I'm wondering why posters here and OTG were all over posters who cried for Renney to be fired last year. Could it be that some of us saw what you couldn't a long, long, time ago? Yes. I think so.

Old
02-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

This is to an article on the fourth period

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr090208.html

Old
02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
renney says he feels safe

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082009...afe_154027.htm

"I don't believe that a change is being considered and with the relationship I have with the organization, I think I would be aware of it if that were the case. I don't sense we're anywhere near that."

guess time will tell
What do you think he's going to say?
"Yeah man, my ass is totally on the hot seat right now. If we don't win the game on Monday, I'm ****ing done. I'm ****ing done, man."

Old
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
He won't get fired till the Rangers fall to 8th in the conference.

1 or 2 more games.

Gives Sather time to get Messier, Graves, Leetch, and Ricther together and make them the coaches of this team.

Read an article where all of them have expressed interest in getting into the org...and specifically behind the bench.

Even if we lose the rest of the season, I would like to see it...just for Shiggles.

In the meantime, Sather will get Avery to Rangerland, the only place he was ever really appreciated. I still giggle when I see videos of him waving his hands in front of Brodeur, I also think it was right to suspend him for his statements about Phaneuf's girlhoe. Bettman was just protecting future hockey players with no teeth ,so they can get hot chicks too.

In getting Avery, Drury will wavie his no trade clause and we can ship his butt out of dodge.

This will give us Avery, who had chemistry with Gomez (not willing to give up on him yet, Drury yes, since he won't be a good captain on a messier coached team)

Nas - Gomer - Avery
Voros - Fritche - Sjo

Now this will give Sather lots of cap space. Hopefully unless he gets comparable pickup in the trade. I think the Avs want Drury back, so let's expect a few players in the trade. Colorado will have to get rid of 4 million to get Drury ...Think Svatos and Tucker. With Sakic and Statsny both Injured, they need help at Center. Potentially Ryan Smyth can be packaged in an offer. I can come up with lots of packages, but the final is going to need to be 4 million worth...Smyth is in at 6 million and would look good on that second line with Dubi and Z....despite his age.

Sather is going to make a move, its just a matter of what its going to be. No one let's their team lose 10-2 and not do anything...even James Dolan.
Nice post. very intresting idea.

Old
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZherdeV View Post
You obviously have no concept of what's been going on with the team lately.
My oops...meant Betts.

Fritche for Reitz....I know. Late and drunk when I wrote it.

Old
02-08-2009, 01:53 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You missed my point.

It is that a fan's perception of a coach is for the overwhelming part predicated solely on the team's record.

I never said Renney was a hockey coaching god. Others here are telling me that Tortorella and Laviolette are much better coaches than Renney. I merely pointed out that if Tortorella and Laviolette were so much better than Renney why do they keep getting fired and find themselves currently unemployed?

Renney will eventually get fired. They all do, for the most part, without exception.
Tortorella keeps getting fired? Really? Laviolette too. What, once and twice respectively. And if Renney gets the benefit of the doubt because of the roster why doesn't Torts get the same courtesy? And let's call it what it is, Tortorella got fired as a PR stunt with the hiring of Melrose.

And I countered you point by mentioning the fact that Renney has been fired and Renney has been unemployed. If your worth as a coach is measured by unemployment checks, I think these two have some cushion until they're on Renney's level.

Old
02-08-2009, 02:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick26 View Post
Maloney is basically saying he wouldn't be surprised to see Renney go.
Use the new thread please...this one just about has hit it's limit.

Closed Thread