HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To quote Mike Boone...

Old
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Pr3Va1L

vCash: 500
To quote Mike Boone...

Quote:
Kovalev can't beat Jay Bouwmeester. He can't beat Zdeno Chara. He can't beat Luke Schenn.

Wtf has happened to this team?

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:08 PM
limelight

They were affected by the Lecavalier rumors and they haven't recovered since.

limelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
otto bond

Well if that's the case, we are F&#%

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Too many soft passes, missed shots, missed passes, creative plays gone bad, Turnovers, etc.. They are just playing like crap and I don't think it has anything to do with intensity..

IMO they need to start working on their basics. Practice one timers and start shooting at the goalie. The pucks always go over the net or hit posts. Shot it harder too.. I remember Kovalev talking a soft shot to the net.. Like that's going to go in. Blast it already! Practice making and receiving passes, Work on avoiding impossible passes. If the pass looks impossible, don't try it!! Take a shot on net!

Start playing regular NHL hockey. Quicker, faster, stronger and simpler.. No more dippsy-doodie plays, please!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
MTL-rules

Did he just compared Schenn with JayBo and Chara

But, yes Kovalev can't beat any defenceman these days because... he doesn't skate...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Kostopoulos beat Schenn so Kostopoulos>Kovalev

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Randomhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelight View Post
That would be the worst excuse ever!

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:36 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Too many soft passes, missed shots, missed passes, creative plays gone bad, Turnovers, etc.. They are just playing like crap and I don't think it has anything to do with intensity..

IMO they need to start working on their basics. Practice one timers and start shooting at the goalie. The pucks always go over the net or hit posts. Shot it harder too.. I remember Kovalev talking a soft shot to the net.. Like that's going to go in. Blast it already! Practice making and receiving passes, Work on avoiding impossible passes. If the pass looks impossible, don't try it!! Take a shot on net!

Start playing regular NHL hockey. Quicker, faster, stronger and simpler.. No more dippsy-doodie plays, please!!
This post should be printed out and glued to Carbo's face.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:37 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Kostopoulos beat Schenn so Kostopoulos>Kovalev
How dare you! Nobody beats Schenn... just like nobody beats Price

Old
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
This post should be printed out and glued to Carbo's face.
Carbonneau is above all that, he's already planning the parade on Ste-Catherine... such a great strategist!

Old
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Not really, I have been since the beginning of the year that this team has lacked heart and got lucky during their win streak. They haven't impressed one bit, from the goalie to the coach.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
whatever excuse works for you

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:52 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
exactly

gainey and carbo has lost the confidence of too msany of these players exactly since these rumors were not completely shut down or a trade was made.

i remember a real habs gm - pollock if he made a trade for a mahovlich or a duff or whoever there NEVER were rumors before it happened. never said 'i'm interested in so and so' like gainey does then he does nothing.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
38 cupless years*

i begged gainey to come clean about the trade rumors, but he continued to be ambiguous with his statements. saying how they're constantly looking to improve the team....blah blah blah. so not only did he not deny the vinny deals, but he made it seeem like every player was on the chopping block. how can anyone play on a clear mind, when they have the threat of getting traded and having the media hound them about being potential trade bait?

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
exactly

gainey and carbo has lost the confidence of too msany of these players exactly since these rumors were not completely shut down or a trade was made.

i remember a real habs gm - pollock if he made a trade for a mahovlich or a duff or whoever there NEVER were rumors before it happened. never said 'i'm interested in so and so' like gainey does then he does nothing.
I'm sure if you think harder you can come up with a better reason for there being no rumours in that era.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
exactly

There was also no internet back then.

We should have never known about the Lecavalier trade, but it was Tampa's people that leaked it, not Gainey.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Kirk Muller

I read it as, Kovalev won't beat these guys cause he isn't willing to fight through it. Kovalev can and should be able to still produce against tough defenses but that would mean getting dirty and not playing fancy pancy hockey which he so dearly loves.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Well I think Kovalev has used the same move a bit too much that I don't even think he would be able to beat an AHL defenceman right now

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:

So true.

Is it me or they have forgotten how to do 1 timers?

I haven't SEEN a successful one time this year (except for 1 or 2 Lang goals (but he's missed at least 20 anyways...))

Either they never shoot, or they shoot a foot wide of the net...

Not only that, but it's also the SAME team as last year... Lang and Tanguay (who both have been very good for us!) are out and we are left with basically the same team that finished 1st place last year.

The difference is between the player's ears...

Old
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
So true.

Is it me or they have forgotten how to do 1 timers?

I haven't SEEN a successful one time this year (except for 1 or 2 Lang goals (but he's missed at least 20 anyways...))

Either they never shoot, or they shoot a foot wide of the net...

Not only that, but it's also the SAME team as last year... Lang and Tanguay (who both have been very good for us!) are out and we are left with basically the same team that finished 1st place last year.

The difference is between the player's ears...
Your referring to the black void!? I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy! I saw it too!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Belso

Did I understand correctly when I heard the Habs started practice playing "without a puck" on Sunday for at least 15min? Didn't I point out their problem is with the puck!?

My oh my.. I have a feeling things might stay the same for some time still...

Carbo, prove me wrong!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Pr3Va1L

At least the 2 week road trip will probably do them good, get their minds back on hockey!

I wish so, anyways.

Old
02-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
i think its simple.

THE HOCKEY GODS are punshing us and maybe well deserved for the way Habs fans and reporters cheated on Tampa fans with " Vincent Lecavalier".

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:44 AM
RushDP

Quote:
exactly

There are never any rumors before BG makes a move either. How many times has a rumor resulted in what Gainey did?

You are posting on a board discussing the rumor mill which you are part of and which did not exist in Pollock's time. There is so much more information available today that the truth gets lost in the shuffle. Take Eklund for example, he has created more hype than anybody, threads are created to discuss these fictional trade proposals and then a genius like you blames Gainey for the trade not occurring.

When was the last time you heard Gainey say he was interested in somebody? He is criticized for not saying enough and never speaking to the media. Here you are ripping into him, again, for rumors not of his doing. Whatever, you are not credible because it's clear you have an ax to grind.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Did I understand correctly when I heard the Habs started practice playing "without a puck" on Sunday for at least 15min? Didn't I point out their problem is with the puck!?

My oh my.. I have a feeling things might stay the same for some time still...

Carbo, prove me wrong!!!
If it was up to me they wouldn't have touched a puck for the complete practice.That's what hapenned to the Leafs after the Buffalo game and they answered pretty well on Saturday night

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote