HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rebuild

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2009, 03:21 PM
HFboarder*

vCash: 500
Rebuild

Instead of winning the Stanley cup, Gainey must trade Kovalev, Koivu and Hamrlik.

Thanks.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
...Koivu is a friggin warrior!!! No Trady Koivu!!

Old
02-08-2009, 03:29 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
Instead of winning the Stanley cup, Gainey must trade Kovalev, Koivu and Hamrlik.

Thanks.
sorry , I'm lost , is it like the official :'' I hate kovalev'' thread?

Old
CanadienErrant*

No way !

The re-built and re-tooling has been done and is almost completed - still needs a top offensive talent with grit.

Now it is time to fine tune the team, not destroy it !

Kovalev is the only vet I would get rid of for the time being.

Old
hockeysense*

Ahahahahahah
Sorry, I'm trying to avoid trolling, but what a giant step backwards for the Montreal franchise.

September 2008: "We're Stanley Cup contenders!"
February 2009: "We need to rebuild".

And I'm the same guy that thought the Habs were potential contenders at the beginning of the season.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
kostitsyn1489

Went to a serious contender after 18 games to a rebuilding them at the ASG. Expectation too high or?

Old
02-08-2009, 03:33 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
I can see Saku signing with a Western Conference contender next season. Quite frankly I would be happy for him if he did. Certainly there would be no hard feelings. He's been through hell and back with this team and his career deserves a better fate (Cup).

Old
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I can see Saku signing with a Western Conference contender next season. Quite frankly I would be happy for him if he did. Certainly there would be no hard feelings. He's been through hell and back with this team and his career deserves a better fate (Cup).
If Saku leaves, it will be for Minnesota to play with his bro.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
i could see it too simply because its becoming evident Montreal isn't a contender and Koivu wants to win. Honestly almost your entire career without anything resembling a star on your team and you stick through it, thats got my respect right there.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysense View Post
Ahahahahahah
Sorry, I'm trying to avoid trolling, but what a giant step backwards for the Montreal franchise.

September 2008: "We're Stanley Cup contenders!"
February 2009: "We need to rebuild".

And I'm the same guy that thought the Habs were potential contenders at the beginning of the season.
I usually ignore threads like these because the band wagoners come out and play. If we win the next 5 straight the people who cry rebuild will cry "GET A D and we can make the cup run", and then we loose a few "Rebuild!!!" its such ******** I don't take these threads seriously, I value Eklund's opinion before a thread like this, and that's saying something.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

Thanks.
Rebuild? No...

Let go Koivu and Kovalev, I agree...or at the very least, let go one of them (Kovy)

We can't rebuild because we can't suck enough to do so. We have many good young players that are and will be good, so we can't rebuild. I don't even know why you are using this term.

I really do think that we need to get a real good forward who will lead everyone. Kovy can't play two good games in a row, and Koivu, while good, just isn't a force on the ice. We need a player who we will be able to rely on when we need a goal. We have the depth to get one via a trade.

And what's the problem with Hamrlik? He's fine. He'll be overpaid in his last contract year, but so what, we need those kind of players to win.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

In before the lock

Old
02-08-2009, 03:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

You guys remind me of a completely bipolar guy I know. He tried to kill himself some time ago, so I hope you know theres help for that.

If this team, with no changes, gets on a hot streak at the right time it can win the Stanley Cup.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:

Thanks.
Ok tell my why, I want good arguments.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Rebuild? No...

Let go Koivu and Kovalev, I agree...or at the very least, let go one of them (Kovy)

We can't rebuild because we can't suck enough to do so. We have many good young players that are and will be good, so we can't rebuild. I don't even know why you are using this term.

I really do think that we need to get a real good forward who will lead everyone. Kovy can't play two good games in a row, and Koivu, while good, just isn't a force on the ice. We need a player who we will be able to rely on when we need a goal. We have the depth to get one via a trade.

And what's the problem with Hamrlik? He's fine. He'll be overpaid in his last contract year, but so what, we need those kind of players to win.
Here's another question though. I agree Montreal has good young talent unfortunately of this talent and skill, the Habs have still been unable to develop a guy whose even close to a star. Now development has improved a lot over the years but why can this team not develop that star. What does NJ or Buffalo do differently???

Old
02-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Here's another question though. I agree Montreal has good young talent unfortunately of this talent and skill, the Habs have still been unable to develop a guy whose even close to a star. Now development has improved a lot over the years but why can this team not develop that star. What does NJ or Buffalo do differently???
Our only top pick recently is Price and see how he develop. If you say that he won't be a star soon, you are wrong. Timmins can't do better than this. We have Mcdonagh, Subban, Weber who will came sonner than later. We have Pacioretty, A.K, D'Agostini, S.K who develop very well. Pacioretty and A.K have potential to be top line foward and more.

Old
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
First off Saku cannot be traded he has a NTC. Second, are we going to rebuild forever? Some people totally lack any brains...panic under the slightest sign of a problem. There are still 30 games left in the season it is not over yet.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Our only top pick recently is Price and see how he develop. If you say that he won't be a star soon, you are wrong. Timmins can't do better than this. We have Mcdonagh, Subban, Weber who will came sonner than later. We have Pacioretty, A.K, D'Agostini, S.K who develop very well. Pacioretty and A.K have potential to be top line foward and more.
okay. Gionta a second round pick. Parise was drafted after Akost. Zajac was the 20th pick.

Roy was a second round, Stafford as 13th which is comparable to Montreal picks, Pomenville was a second rounder.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
le_sean

Hamrlik was a beast last night. Subpar year compared to last, but he's been very good recently IMO. Koivu is amazing. Kovalev can go though.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
shealy04

Sweet thread... thanks for your insightful ideas.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
okay. Gionta a second round pick. Parise was drafted after Akost. Zajac was the 20th pick.

Roy was a second round, Stafford as 13th which is comparable to Montreal picks, Pomenville was a second rounder.
Markov a 6 round pick.
Koivu a #21 pick
Plekanek a third round pick
Sergei a 7 round pick
Pacioretty a #22 pick
Halak a 9 round pick.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
TheGoalJudge

How do you rebuild when you haven't built anything yet?

Half of our team is under 25 years old. The best is yet to come from those guys. What we need is a star player to build around.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
hockeysense*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I usually ignore threads like these because the band wagoners come out and play. If we win the next 5 straight the people who cry rebuild will cry "GET A D and we can make the cup run", and then we loose a few "Rebuild!!!" its such ******** I don't take these threads seriously, I value Eklund's opinion before a thread like this, and that's saying something.
That fine. But there's usually a representative that speaks for a minority, no matter how small that minority is. Do you really believe the Canadiens have the pieces to go all the way?

I was at the game last night and I had the opportunity to talk to a few Habs fans about the team a little after Blake scored his second of the game - they felt that the Habs just don't have any toughness, whatsoever. May answered the bell and that actually gave the Leafs the momentum they needed to carry through the rest of the game.

I'm going to get absolute glee in saying this: You shouldn't have voted in most of your starters to the ASG. Now they are running ragged and exhausted.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

**** rebuilding. It's been way too long to say ''oops''.

But if this **** doesn't get straightened out and we fail (again) in the playoffs, I'm all for a re-tooling in the offseason.

Old
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Mustafa*

Rebuild? Please guys we need a little of composure here, i know you are all frustrated but lets be serious:

• we are fourth in the east

• Our PP is doing better

• Markov has a shot at the Norris

• We miss one of our top player (Tanguay) when he will come back we shall have a real first line

• The team is playing with no emotion, it has little to do with the structure, let the team take its breath and we could be suprised.

• The 1993 team wasn't that good either, and appart from Roy they didn't have any top end player (at the time of the 1993 run), our team has better player and Price will get his Mojo back, if not Halak will take over.

• Captain Saku is on a mission

Closed Thread