HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack thread (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2009, 02:53 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Game 50: Hartford Wolf Pack 3 @ Springfield Falcons 2
A week ago the Hartford Wolf Pack stole a 4-3 win in Manchester when they connected for two third period goals on only four shots. On Saturday they cashed in on three of just nine shots they put on the net through the first 44 minutes of play to defeat the floundering Springfield Falcons by a final score of 3-2.

Hartford’s 16 shots tied a franchise record low for shots on goal in a game set in their inaugural season a dozen years ago.

All three Wolf Pack goals game during special teams play. Two were scored with the team shorthanded, including the unassisted game-winner by first star Brodie Dupont at 3:58 of the third. With Artem Anisimov in the penalty box serving his second minor penalty of the game, Dupont poked the puck out of the Hartford zone and past Falcons defenseman Taylor Chorney, who stumbled, allowing the Hartford winger to skate in solo on Springfield netminder Devan Dubnyk. Dupont pulled the puck to his backhand as Dubnyk attempted the poke-check, and put it over the sprawling goalie for his tenth tally of the season. With the goal the unsung hero of the Pack’s leading line topped last year’s rookie marks of nine goals and 23 points.

Hartford’s first shorthanded goal of the night had come at 7:04 of the first period from an unlikely source. Belorussian defenseman Vladimir Denisov, who’s been the odd man out for three straight games and has missed 12 of the last 15 due to a combination of illness and healthy scratches, fired a snap shot over Dubnyk’s glove from just inside the Springfield blue line. The goal came while Corey Potter, fresh from Friday night’s debacle in Dallas with the Rangers, was serving one of two hooking penalties he was whistled for on the night.

Denisov’s shot was one of only four the Pack would muster through the first twenty minutes. At the other end of the ice, Matt Zaba made his fourth consecutive start, and stopped all nine first period shots he faced.

The shot differential would only get worse in the second session. As it was on Wednesday against the Monarchs, the second period proved troublesome for the Pack in Springfild, as they allowed 16 shots on Zaba’s net while putting only two of their own on the Springfield goal.

Two of Springfield’s second period shots would find their way past Zaba. The first came just 1:03 into the period when Guillaume Lefebvre came out of the right side corner with the puck and fed Wethersfield, CT native Colin McDonald in the right circle for a one-timer that beat Zaba high on the glove side.

Anisimov answered back for the Pack exactly four minutes later on the power play. P.A. Parenteau, who earned the lone assist on Denisov’s tally, picked up his second helper when he threaded a perfect pass through the crease to Anisimov, who was stationed off the right post. The 20-year old center had plenty of time to set himself and roof the puck over Dubnyk, regaining sole possession of the team lead in goals with his 22nd of the year.

The Falcons would get a power play goal of their own, on a 5-on-3, after Anisimov was whistled for hooking at 12:41 while killing a penalty called on Jared Nightingale 38 seconds earlier. Springfield leading scorer Ryan Potulny knotted the score at two when he put home the rebound of Viacheslav Trukhno’s shot from the right circle at 13:43.

That set the table for Dupont’s shorthanded game-winner early in the third. Once again the home team out shot the visitors in the period, but by a less remarkable 12-10 margin. One of those Hartford shots came on a penalty shot that was awarded to Parenteau after he had his feet taken out from under him by former Pack defenseman Jake Taylor at 16:50 of the period. Parenteau was unable to elevate the puck on his penalty shot attempt, allowing Dubnyk to make the pad stop to hold Hartford’s lead at one. But Zaba was equal to the task, stopping everything the Falcons threw at him in the closing minutes of the game.

Dubyk finished the game with 13 saves on 16 shots, while Zaba earned third star honors by stopping 35 of 37 shots he faced. With his recent strong play, Zaba has eclipsed Hartford number one goaltender Mikka Wiikman, who remains out with an undisclosed illness, in both goals against (2.72 to 2.74) and save percentage (.907 to .904).

Hartford’s third consecutive road win improved their record away from the XL Center to 10-10-2-1, bringing their road record to the .500 mark for the first time this season. With an over all record of 26-19-2-3 the Wolf Pack now have 57 points, good for sole possession of second place in the Atlantic Division, two points back of Providence and one ahead of Worcester. Springfield is wallowing in last place in the division with a 16-26-6-1 record for 39 points, just a point ahead of the Rochester Americans for last place in the league.

Hartford travels to Lowell on Sunday to face the baby Devils, who currently rank fifth in the Atlantic with 50 points and two games in hand.

Notes:
* Parenteau’s two assists give him 57 points in 50 games and move him into a tie for third over all in AHL scoring with former Wolf Pack forward Alexandre Giroux. He has seven points in his last three games, and 24 in his last 14. The Pack’s leading point-getter has only been held off the scoreboard once in that span.
* Anisimov’s goal gives him 22 on the season, good for eight in the league. His 52 points in 50 games puts him in a three-way tie for fourth place in AHL scoring. His 10 power play goals tie him for seventh in the league.
* Jordan Owens appears to have suffered an injury in the game, though it’s not clear when or what it might have been. He didn’t play in the final period of the game, and missed a good chunk, if not the entire second period.
* Matt Stefanishion returned to the line-up after missing the Pack’s last game and four of the last five as a healthy scratch. Matthew Ford took his seat in the press box as a healthy scratch. David Urquhart joined him to make room for Denisov’s return.

Scoring:
1. Denisov (2) (Parenteau) 7:04 (SH)
2. McDonald (4) (Lefebvre, Spurgeon) 1:03
2. Anisimov (22) (Parenteau, Sanguinetti) 5:03 (PP)
2. Potulny (21) (Trukhno, Schremp) 13:43 (PP)
3. Dupont (10) 3:58 (SH)

Lines:
Dupont - Anisimov - Parenteau
Owens - Rissmiller - Stefanishion
Pyatt - Ouellette - Weise
DiDiomete - Moore - Sugden

Potter - Sauer
Denisov - Fahey
Nightingale - Sanguinetti

Zaba / Daigneault

Three Stars:
1. Brodie Dupont
2. Colin McDonald
3. Matt Zaba

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...n-springfield/
good stuff......A.A with another goal....sangs and P.A both with the assists and its really nice to see Dupont awrded for his constant hard work getting the game winner and the 1st star

Old
02-08-2009, 06:48 AM
NJrocket24

I was checking stats yesterday and Sangs is -17. The rest of the teams +/- was not impressive either, and I believe he's team worst. I haven't seen any games, so anyone want to talk about how his play has been?

Old
02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrocket24 View Post
I was checking stats yesterday and Sangs is -17. The rest of the teams +/- was not impressive either, and I believe he's team worst. I haven't seen any games, so anyone want to talk about how his play has been?
In the offensive zone he's great. He's played great manning the point all season from what ive seen live and on video.

His defensive zone responsibilities need work. He tends to be out of position a lot.

He is a Rookie in the AHL and leads all rookie dmen in points. So take it for what its worth. Sangs still looks really good IMHO.

Old
02-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Did you notice anything (injury-wise) with Owens away from the play or anything? There was no mention of him being missing, but he definitely didn't play in the 3rd, and neither my husband or I could remember seeing or hearing his name in the 2nd.
I have no idea how or when Owens got hurt but it had to be early in the game. Wasn't out there for the 2nd or 3rd period.

Old
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

AA had two assists today.Pack lost 5-3.2 goals in 2 games for Dupont.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1005506

Old
02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Vitto79

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266412&l...headlines_main

should be fun.....Avery to Hartford soon

Old
02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266412&l...headlines_main

should be fun.....Avery to Hartford soon
Good GOD I can't wait!!!

Old
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Good GOD I can't wait!!!
I wonder how Avery is going to impact the locker room in Hartford?

Any thoughts Jarkko and squishy?

Old
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
CDNRGRFANHUH

who will he play with?

Old
02-08-2009, 10:32 PM
squishy

Game 51: Hartford Wolf Pack 3 @ Lowell Devils 5

Game 51: Hartford Wolf Pack 3 @ Lowell Devils 5
The Lowell Devils extended their undefeated streak against the Hartford Wolf Pack to four games on Sunday, defeating the Pack by a final score of 5-3 in Lowell. Hartford fought back from a 3-0 first period deficit to tie things up midway through the third, but the Devils responded with two quick goals to re-take the lead for good.

P.A. Parenteau, Brodie Dupont, and Greg Moore scored for the Wolf Pack, while Artem Anisimov added a pair of assists and Vladimir Denisov picked up his second assist in as many games since returning to the line-up after being a healthy scratch. Matt Zaba didnít fair well in his fifth consecutive start, surrendering three goals on 13 first period shots before making way for Charlotte call-up Maxime Daigneault, who stopped 19 of 21 shots he faced in two periods of play.

For more on the game (which I missed due to a family commitment) check the game reports from either the Wolf Pack or Devils web sites. The gritty statistical details are available in the game summary.

Scoring:
1. Corrente (5) (Rheaume, Eckford) 8:31 (PP)
1. Letourneau-Leblond (3) (Pelley, Mills) 8:54
1. Tallackson (7) 14:31
2. Parenteau (22) (Denisov, Anisimov) 16:15
2. Dupont (11) (Anisimov) 18:31
3. Moore (15) (Rissmiller) 10:19 (SH)
3. Zharkov (8) (DiSalvatore, Halischuk) 11:27 (PP)
3. Davis (11) (Spiller, Mills) 12:14

Three Stars:
1. Patrick Davis
2. Brad Mills
3. Artem Anisimov

Old
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
I wonder how Avery is going to impact the locker room in Hartford?

Any thoughts Jarkko and squishy?
I'm guessing that he's been given strict instructions to keep his mouth shut and just play hockey, and I'm hoping if he does that the impact on the Wolf Pack locker room will be minimal. It'll certainly shine a bright spotlight on the Pack, with I'm sure tons of extra media attention and added reporters at practices and in the room after the games. One positive: it should help the Pack's dismal ticket sales.

As for who he'll play with, I'm hoping that Dupont won't lose out here and they'll leave Dupont-Anisimov-Parenteau together. I'd hate to see Dupont suffer for the sake of bringing in a guy for whom there is no guarantee he'll end up on the big club. I'd guess (and prefer) that Avery end up on a line with Patrick Rissmiller. But who really knows.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Who even says that Avery plays for HFD? Is it possible that this is just a paper transaction until the Stars bring him right back up and the NYR claim him?

Old
02-08-2009, 11:03 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Who even says that Avery plays for HFD? Is it possible that this is just a paper transaction until the Stars bring him right back up and the NYR claim him?
He needs to get in hockey shape so he would more than likely play a few games in the A.

Old
02-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Yeap and it would be called "conditioning" so the Rangers wouldn't have to actually send him down.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
I'm guessing that he's been given strict instructions to keep his mouth shut and just play hockey, and I'm hoping if he does that the impact on the Wolf Pack locker room will be minimal. It'll certainly shine a bright spotlight on the Pack, with I'm sure tons of extra media attention and added reporters at practices and in the room after the games. One positive: it should help the Pack's dismal ticket sales.

As for who he'll play with, I'm hoping that Dupont won't lose out here and they'll leave Dupont-Anisimov-Parenteau together. I'd hate to see Dupont suffer for the sake of bringing in a guy for whom there is no guarantee he'll end up on the big club. I'd guess (and prefer) that Avery end up on a line with Patrick Rissmiller. But who really knows.
So true about the media attention thing. In the Hartford Courant on a day or two ago Paul Doyle, who sometimes writes the new "On The Fly" quicktake blurbs on the front page of the sports section commented on Avery and how it could "add a little excitement to the XL Center". This was the first time I've ever seen the Pack mentioned in that little section and the first time they've been on the front page since they randomly decided to put a photo from one of their games on the front page. I felt like emailing Doyle and ranting about how I feel there's already enough excitement in the XL Center on most nights (and no I'm not talking about just when the UConn teams play there ). I know the economy sucks but I wish the Courant would give the Pack a fair shake. If (that's a big IF) Hartford ever wants an NHL team back (it'll never happen but they keep dreaming) they need to get behind the Wolf Pack. This can start with the media coverage. Give them a little front page priority access. After all, they are the HARTFORD Wolf Pack and the paper is the HARTFORD Courant.

I'm finished.

Old
02-09-2009, 11:31 AM
squishy

Looks like Wiikman's ready to return from his mystery illness:

02/09/2009 Maxime Daigneault (G) Hartford DEL Returned on loan to Charlotte (ECHL)

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transacti...&f_team_id=307

Old
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Looks like Wiikman's ready to return from his mystery illness:

02/09/2009 Maxime Daigneault (G) Hartford DEL Returned on loan to Charlotte (ECHL)

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transacti...&f_team_id=307
Thanks for the info. I've been wondering what the story was with Wiikman.

Old
02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Vitto79

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/...ery_wolf_pack/

Avery

Old
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Garfinkel1

I wonder how Avery is gonna play on this level. I think I want to go to a game this weekend. Hopefully he's playing by then.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

I can't wait. Going both Friday and Saturday. I'm guessing he won't play tomorrow night.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:58 AM
trademasterb*

Not that anybody cares but Jessiman seems to have stopped sulking and is playing hockey for a change. He's now up to 13 goals. About time he decided to try this season.

Old
02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Not that anybody cares but Jessiman seems to have stopped sulking and is playing hockey for a change. He's now up to 13 goals. About time he decided to try this season.
Wheres our future considerations!?

Old
02-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Camenzuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I can't wait. Going both Friday and Saturday. I'm guessing he won't play tomorrow night.
Is it confirmed whether or not he plays tonight?

Old
02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camenzuli View Post
Is it confirmed whether or not he plays tonight?
He's not playing tonight.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Camenzuli

Quote:
He's not playing tonight.
Thanks Squish!

Closed Thread