HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

ISS Top 30 (January) mock draft

Old
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
amnesiac*

vCash: 500
ISS Top 30 (January) mock draft

Pick order based on standings on Feb 2, 2009.

1. NY Islanders - John Tavares, C
2. Atlanta - Matt Duchene, C
3. Ottawa - Victor Hedman, D
4. Tampa Bay - Jared Cowen, D
5. St.Louis - Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, LW
6. Toronto - Evander Kane, C
7. Colorado - Brayden Schenn, C
8. Nashville - Jordan Schroeder, RW
9. Los Angeles - Nazem Kadri, C
10. Vancouver - Jacob Josefson, C
11. Phoenix - Ryan Ellis, D
12. Pittsburgh - Simon Despres, D
13. Columbus - Drew Shore, C
14. Edmonton - Zack Kassian, RW
15. Minnesota - Jeremy Morin, C
16. Dallas - Dmitri Kulikov, D
17. Florida - Landon Ferraro, RW
18. Anaheim - Peter Holland, C
19. Carolina - John Moore, D
20. Buffalo - Scott Glennie, C
21. Philadelphia - Carter Ashton, LW
22. NY Rangers- Louis Leblanc, C
23. Montreal - Ethan Werek, C
24. Chicago - Carl Klingberg, LW
25. Calgary - Richard Panik, C
26. New Jersey - David Rundblad, D
27. Washington - Joonas Nattinen, C
28. Detroit - Stefan Elliott, D
29. Ottawa (from San Jose) - Erik Haula, LW
30. Boston - Jordan Caron, C

amnesiac* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Dgill

Why Duchene over Hedman?

Atlanta needs defense before offense..

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Why Duchene over Hedman?

Atlanta needs defense before offense..
They got Bogosian last year, and only have Little as offensive promise.

Old
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Trashers fans

Hedman is to special to pass on at 2nd overall

Trashers fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
I have heard Kassian is known for taking stupid penalties, dont know if the Oil should take him, but i have heard comparisons to Getzlaf, that's what we need. The Oilers pick could go to any position at the draft because we have so much depth, Im wondering if edmonton could go off the charts and take a goalie even though we have DeslAuriers and Dubnyk, but i guess once our pick comes up it will be down to the Best player available and according to your mock i would say that is either Jeremy Morin or Taylor Doherty suprisingly. Almost all Oilers D and D prospects are offensive defenceman I could see the 6'8 Doherty going to edmonton.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Angelo25

depres or kulikov for vancouver with out a doubt..

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Joey Mac

Flyers will most likely take Roy if he's available when they pick, they need a goalie to develop

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
Flyers will most likely take Roy if he's available when they pick, they need a goalie to develop
I figured that, as I was surprised they didnt take Pickard last season. But is Roy really the consensus best goalie? They could probably go for one in the 2nd round.

Old
02-02-2009, 06:57 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
I figured that, as I was surprised they didnt take Pickard last season. But is Roy really the consensus best goalie? They could probably go for one in the 2nd round.
Holmgren already said when they traded up for that pick they were going after Pickard, but Nashville picked him at #18, and the Flyers were pick #19. I'm still happy with the way Sbisa turned out though. We also don't have a 2nd rounder, we trade them away for no reason. Don't have one until 2011 and haven't had our own since 2006.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Default101

Quote:
Angelo Esposito? their other first rounder last year Daultan Levielle, Riley Holzapfel. These guys are a year or two.. and in Levielle's case probably 3 years off, but they have a solid team down the middle with Little, White, Reasoner, and Christensen with only reasoner the only one really with a likelyhood of moving unless he gets traded, and Holzapfel is ready to come up anyways. I agree they could use another good top end center, but not at the expence of passing on BPA by that wide of a margin, it just wouldn't be a smart move by the organization. Realistically if they weren't sold on Hedman they could probably trade Hedman with someone like Holzapfel, and get a top end prospect d-man and center at that price. unless it's close BPA is the best way to go.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:04 AM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
Angelo Esposito? their other first rounder last year Daultan Levielle, Riley Holzapfel. These guys are a year or two.. and in Levielle's case probably 3 years off, but they have a solid team down the middle with Little, White, Reasoner, and Christensen with only reasoner the only one really with a likelyhood of moving unless he gets traded, and Holzapfel is ready to come up anyways. I agree they could use another good top end center, but not at the expence of passing on BPA by that wide of a margin, it just wouldn't be a smart move by the organization. Realistically if they weren't sold on Hedman they could probably trade Hedman with someone like Holzapfel, and get a top end prospect d-man and center at that price. unless it's close BPA is the best way to go.
You really think thats some offensive "promise" for the future? Ouch.

I understand the concept of BPA, but Matt Duchene could be their #1 centre for 15+ years. Personally, Id rather have a franchise centre and a franchise Dman, than 2 franchise Dmen.

Old
02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Default101

Quote:

I understand the concept of BPA, but Matt Duchene could be their #1 centre for 15+ years. Personally, Id rather have a franchise centre and a franchise Dman, than 2 franchise Dmen.
You forgot to highlight Angelo Esposito.. and Little, Esposito and White as your 1,2,3 centers is pretty impressive.

Isn't that point of view that you'd rather have a center than a defenceman. I bet if you made a poll in Atlanta's thread of who would you choose Hedman or Duchene you'd wind up with atleast 90% saying Hedman, and most of them would likely state that you're outside your mind thinking that a team would take a player that isn't a franchise centerman, i don't know where you're getting that idea that Duchene is a franchise centerman, he's good, but he's not Stamkos, Tavares, Thornton, Crosby etc. good i don't know what your definition of a franchise centerman, but if you're defining Duchene (and Bogosian at that) as a "franchise player" there's about 100 franchise players in the NHL/prospects coming up int he league, a "franchise player" by your definition isn't that special. Duchene is a #1 center, and Bogosian is a top pairing defenceman.

15+ years? if he plays as an 18 year old they're guaranteed to have him till he's 25.. that would be 8 years including his rookie season. Thats assuming he's healthy.

I refered to those players because i believe Little is a capable first line center he's on pace for 55 points and just turned 21, he's got amazing playmaker capabilities and Kovalchuk is a goal scorer. Who does Atlanta have on defense? Bogosian, Valabik, and? who Denny? Postma? those aren't top 4 defencemen. They have Enstrom on the team but still that doesn't fill a very good 1 through 6. Between Little and White you're getting two players that can play in all 3 zones very well AND collectively you're getting 125 points between them That sounds pretty good to me considering one of them started the season as a 20 year old. Not too many teams outside the playoffs have a one two punch at center that can be that productive.

I'm sorry but if Wadell let Hedman a guy who could still go first overall, and let him fall to third, I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired on the spot. Exactly how do you disregard the theory that a guy who's on pace for 70 points and a player just barely outside his teen years is on pace for 55 points lack of offensive promise?

Everyone has their opinion but like i said Wadell will likely be fired if he passed on one of the two franchise players in the draft to select a good first line center. get out of 2006 Atlanta isn't that desperate for a centerman anymore that they'd throw away the 2nd overall pick as you have projected.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:

i agree with your logic, ATL has very promising D in Enstrom,Bogosian but seriously, there is no way anyone passes up on Hedman!

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
2. Atlanta - Matt Duchene, C
I gotta go with the majority here. While you can make an argument that Atlanta has some alright pieces both up front and on the backend, they're paper thin on both fronts. In that case you pick the d-man because normally you go d-man over forward and espically if that d-man is rated higher by everyone.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Canuck71

I really hope Vancouver at #10 goes after Simon Despres because he is exactly what we need. But if we do make the playoffs and end up drafting in the later teens early twenties (hopefully 30th) I really hope a guy like Kulikov or Rundblad.

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Uh wtf?

ISS just ranks the players from 1-30, they don't put specific players at specific places so it fits the team well that is placed at that position in the draft

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 07:26 PM
xIsle

Quote:
Who cares? You ALWAYS take the best player available. And the best player available is Hedman, not Duchene

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
i agree with your logic, ATL has very promising D in Enstrom,Bogosian but seriously, there is no way anyone passes up on Hedman!
atl could try to trade down one spot with Ott

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote