HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How did you do last night?

Old
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
tamtamg

vCash: 500
played goalie for the first time in 10 years. our goalie and our back up didn't show up. So i borrowed some gear and played goal. Wow, I felt like a fish out of water. Luckily, I only let in 1 goal, mostly thanks my team D. I only faced 10 shots all game. Never doing it again, my whole body is sore and I was bored out of my mind the entire game. Can't wait to get back to playing RW.

tamtamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtamg View Post
played goalie for the first time in 10 years. our goalie and our back up didn't show up. So i borrowed some gear and played goal. Wow, I felt like a fish out of water. Luckily, I only let in 1 goal, mostly thanks my team D. I only faced 10 shots all game. Never doing it again, my whole body is sore and I was bored out of my mind the entire game. Can't wait to get back to playing RW.
i bet that was a eye opener...good job on letting in only 1 goal....i tried goalie once in practice...and lets just say it wasnt a good deal...but o well i will stick with center

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwermblues24 View Post
i bet that was a eye opener...good job on letting in only 1 goal....i tried goalie once in practice...and lets just say it wasnt a good deal...but o well i will stick with center
haha. i hate doing that bull crap.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
1 goal 2 assists last night. Team won 12-8 to snap a losing streak.

Lundqvist=Vezina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

I had a good day at pickup yesterday. (No league play this semester sadly). No goals, but I had a few nice assists and plays.

Took a blindside hit to the head too while reaching for the puck. Either he was going for the check or was too dumb to realize where the puck was. Went to the bench, but had no ill effects.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Got my Senior Night tonight. I had a real bad practice yesterday so I'm kinda nervous. I don't want to really **** up the one game that my friends go to. I'll be on later to write about it.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Well I had 2g and played a great game. However we lost 5-4. I've never been more pissed off or embarrassed after a game. Plus now I need to buy a new stick.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Lexicon

Currently on a goalless run. I was PPG player all year had a couple hat tricks but the last 3 games...man brutal.

I have had the chances just ****ed them up completely. Last game though I was so close had some really nice chances. First chance I split the D had a break and then hit a divet or something in the ice I donno and I fell into the goalie. Than it was one on one with the defender and I put it through his legs, continued and tried a fancy move (Im an idiot) by putting it through my legs...faking the wrist and going fivehole. Would of worked awesome except I lost my balance .

Oh well, I hope next game I can start scoring again. I have had a couple of nice assists though.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
pcgflyers12*

my next game is tonight. hopefully we can beat the number 1 team. i might not be able to play. ive had an inner-ear infection and that throws you balance off big time. hopefully ill be able to stand up on my skates, get some hits, and maybe a goal or two.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
pcgflyers12*

well we play the last-place team 2nite.... they are completely terrible....theyve scored 2 goals in the last 12 games combined... haha

Old
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwermblues24 View Post
well we play the last-place team 2nite.... they are completely terrible....theyve scored 2 goals in the last 12 games combined... haha
Rangers play tonight?

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
noobman

Five point night for me!

2 goals and 3 assists... not shabby at all! I came so close to getting a hat-trick but I made one move too many, allowing the D man to tie my stick up for just long enough to keep me from getting my shot on target.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
Rangers play tonight?
AHAHAH OMG WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR MATERIAL AHAHA!!!1!Eleven!!

We get it, thanks for the contribution.

I had a decent evaluation, but I've been convinced it is impossible to get into hockey as a beginner in this city. I pay out the ass ($30 for open) and there's no guarantee I'll find a team. No wonder this sport struggles to lure new players, you have to be 4 years old to get on a team if you don't have the experience.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Grill Daddy

First time on this particular board so here goes...

Sunday was our last game of the reg season, we needed to win to finish 5th and avoid playing the 3rd place team.

Well I had 5 assists to hit 50 points on the year, my brother had 5 g and 1 assist to hit 53 points and win the league scoring title (yeah we have one!) by one point!

We won 9-0 lol

Grill Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Grill Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Currently on a goalless run. I was PPG player all year had a couple hat tricks but the last 3 games...man brutal.

I have had the chances just ****ed them up completely. Last game though I was so close had some really nice chances. First chance I split the D had a break and then hit a divet or something in the ice I donno and I fell into the goalie. Than it was one on one with the defender and I put it through his legs, continued and tried a fancy move (Im an idiot) by putting it through my legs...faking the wrist and going fivehole. Would of worked awesome except I lost my balance .

Oh well, I hope next game I can start scoring again. I have had a couple of nice assists though.

Hang in there!

I was in the same boat and then went on a 4 game drought. Ended up with 13 points in the last 5 games

Grill Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 01:28 AM
vivianmb

played first place team tonight. lost 6-5 i had an assist( would've had 3 more if we had secondary assists!!!).was not on the ice for any of their goals. went about 50% on faceoffs.our goalie had a rough night. 3 weak ones. oh well.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

0G 2A one on a 5-3 PP and the other was a cross ice saucer pass to my teammate breaking crossing center, went on a breakaway and scored.

3rd straight multi-point night. First 3 games back from injury to.

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
leafs in five

a secondary assist, and about 6 shots right into the goalie's chest. i did rip a one-timer off a really nice soft pass on a 3-on-2 that just missed far side, and i can't remember the last time i got a hold of a slapper like that in a game without having a ton of room to step into it.

i'm trying to forget that it would have been the equalizer and focus on the positive, i've been taking a lot of shots on the outdoor rink over the winter, mostly trying to improve my release because i've always had an okay shot i just take too long to get it off with any power. lots of push-ups and lots of shots since december and this was i hope the first sign of things to come. it was from well out too, around the top of the circle, which is encouraging because i have a bit of a mental block about shooting from that far out, especially high. this was if i may say a bit of a rocket, a few more like this and i'll start worrying a little more about accuracy.

leafs in five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
pcgflyers12*

i couldnt play last night. i havent asked how my team did, i am sick again. i tried to skate but i couldnt do it. the flu bug is going around, so watch out.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
flyersguy33*

over the weekend I had a 45 save shutout to make the playoffs. We needed to beat the third ranked team in the region and second in our conference. We ended up winning 3-0 and playoffs start in two weeks.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:36 AM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 View Post
i couldnt play last night. i havent asked how my team did, i am sick again. i tried to skate but i couldnt do it. the flu bug is going around, so watch out.
I haven't skated in 2 weeks. I was sick last week ALL BLOODY WEEK (I'm never sick for more than 3 days) and now my son age 7 (the goalie) is sick since Sat. keeping him home until Monday, he had a fever of 105 at one point.

I asked my wife if she could stay home tomorrow so I can play. She laughed!

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:55 AM
IniNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
AHAHAH OMG WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR MATERIAL AHAHA!!!1!Eleven!!

We get it, thanks for the contribution.

I had a decent evaluation, but I've been convinced it is impossible to get into hockey as a beginner in this city. I pay out the ass ($30 for open) and there's no guarantee I'll find a team. No wonder this sport struggles to lure new players, you have to be 4 years old to get on a team if you don't have the experience.
You don't have any sort of Adult beginners league? You'd think it would be a little bit easier in a Northern State like New York to get into hockey. I've only been playing for 6 months here in Texas and I'm already in a Roller and Ice league and improving constantly.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:34 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IniNew View Post
You don't have any sort of Adult beginners league? You'd think it would be a little bit easier in a Northern State like New York to get into hockey. I've only been playing for 6 months here in Texas and I'm already in a Roller and Ice league and improving constantly.
I got an email last night, I made a team. Tough though, the team was probably forced to pick me up by the rink. I don't care though, I need to get some competition under my belt to improve. I have until the end of March to improve my skating as much as possible.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
busta9

last night we lost and I had 0 points. I hit 2 posts though which I seem to be doing very regularly lately. I was punched in the face by an old man too. Luckily I was wearing a cage. if i didnt have the cage I still couldnt have fought him though because if I won then I beat up an old man and if he won then I got beat up by an old man. Its a lose lose situation if I ever saw one haha.

busta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:11 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Lost 4-1...had the only goal. I was flying tonight as well, so im very pissed i didnt net more then one (i dominate in this league..1st in goals).....disappointed but oh well. Tomorrow i play in my the top league again, I play defense so I wont be scoring any points most likely lol.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote