HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EKLUND: Habs interested in STAR player...

Old
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Markov is a hab for life!!
By far our MVP!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
those 2 are not going anywhere

its completely ridiculous and makes zero sense

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
LastRide

Now he's got Habs call for Niedermayer ..LOL

By the way he says "STAR" forwad not "STARS" forward. It could be anybody. Bob better pull something off or he can go pull his goalie..LOL

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 09:56 AM.
LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:15 PM
TheCH*

Gaborik/

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:16 PM
le_sean

When has Eklund ever been right about the Habs?

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
When has Eklund ever been right about the Habs?
...or about much of anything?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
...or about much of anything?
Usually after TSN posts it for a day or so

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
According to EKLUND the Habs are interested in a STAR forward and up and coming prospect, which would cost Montreal one of their top 2 Dmen in Markov or Komisarek.

If such a deal happens the Habs are then going to look at getting Kaberle or Morris....unless Niedermeyer is available which Montreal has contacted about as well in the rumor.

I'm guessing it is for Brad Richards, hence the STAR forward. But who is the prospect?

If anything this is opening Salary for a trade for the Stars, maybe Avery will be traded directly to the Rags for one of their Dmen or Gomez?

Who knows, maybe thats why Montreal gets a good prospect in return as well???

Don't shoot the messenger, lets have fun with this and assume the players and possible out comes.
PLZ... I cant stand the name of Eklund anymore.. This guy is a clown, stop reporting the crap he is saying..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
le_sean

Now he's saying that they called about Niedermayer.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
gusfring

Shouldn't Eklund know by now that Bob can't make any deals, anyways?

Why bother even speculating - Bob isn't capable of making a large deal for this team.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Magic33

The only players in the league I would trade Markov for are Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby. Thats it. The guy is a complete stud.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
The only players in the league I would trade Markov for are Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby. Thats it. The guy is a complete stud.
I'm glad you aren't the GM.

Did you not witness enough of Markov's "disappearing act" last year in the playoffs? In fact, if you look at all his playoff numbers, you will see a dramatic drop in production in terms of PPG average from the regular season to post-season.

I found it too convenient last year that an injury was disclosed the day after the Flyers eliminated the Habs from the playoffs......... yet Markov was on a plane to play for Russia at the Worlds.

When will Habs fans finally admit this guy is not a gamer?

He puts up pretty numbers in the regular season. He is a solid defender. But when the going gets tough he is INVISIBLE. His playoff stats do not lie. He hasn't exactly been the almighty "powerplay quarterback" this year, and as of late has been making bad on-ice decisions with errant passes and bad pinches.

There is no doubt Markov is talented - but a post-season warrior he is not. The Habs need a game-changer on their roster. NO PLAYER ON THE CURRENT ROSTER EVOKES FEAR INTO THE OPPOSITION. We need a star forward, and added toughness in our defense corps.

Markov may be the piece that can get some of the team deficiencies filled via trade. He needs to be traded now while other teams still covet him. He has a relatively affordable contract, is healthy, and is again putting up solid regular season numbers. I hope the cat is not let out of the bag and other teams find out that he becomes very insignificant come April and beyond.................

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post

Did you not witness enough of Markov's "disappearing act" last year in the playoffs? In fact, if you look at all his playoff numbers, you will see a dramatic drop in production in terms of PPG average from the regular season to post-season.

I found it too convenient last year that an injury was disclosed the day after the Flyers eliminated the Habs from the playoffs......... yet Markov was on a plane to play for Russia at the Worlds.

He puts up pretty numbers in the regular season. He is a solid defender. But when the going gets tough he is INVISIBLE. His playoff stats do not lie. He hasn't exactly been the almighty "powerplay quarterback" this year, and as of late has been making bad on-ice decisions with errant passes and bad pinches.

There is no doubt Markov is talented - but a post-season warrior he is not. The Habs need a game-changer on their roster. NO PLAYER ON THE CURRENT ROSTER EVOKES FEAR INTO THE OPPOSITION. We need a star forward, and added toughness in our defense corps.

Markov may be the piece that can get some of the team deficiencies filled via trade. He needs to be traded now while other teams still covet him. He has a relatively affordable contract, is healthy, and is again putting up solid regular season numbers. I hope the cat is not let out of the bag and other teams find out that he becomes very insignificant come April and beyond.................
Markov wasn't the only Houdini on our team last Playoffs, so you can't pin it on him, he was probably in so much shock from the idea of being in the 2nd round, because it had been so long.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:30 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Markov wasn't the only Houdini on our team last Playoffs, so you can't pin it on him, he was probably in so much shock from the idea of being in the 2nd round, because it had been so long.
I'm not pinning anything, and I agree with you, but a lot of Habs fans believe Markov to be the second coming of Bobby Orr. Many believe we cannot win a game without him in the lineup, or that he is some kind of godsend for the way he plays. He is talented, but by no means untouchable.

I prefer to see Komisarek here for the long haul over Markov anyday - because you know Komisarek cares, and will go through a wall to win. He will be the next captain of this team.

We will never get a bigger return for Markov in a trade than we can right now. It is time. Especially looking to next year and all the RFA/UFA situations we have. Start identifying your core now, and go out and get the guys whom you believe will provide for a consistent winner in Montreal.

The assets are all there to be strong players in acquiring elite talent: We have some cap space (especially due to Lang's injury), great prospects, solid potential in young players in their 2nd-4th years, ample youth contributing right now, desirable veterans, and an abundance of depth at the 3rd and 4th lines.

Mr. Gainey needs to cash in now.

Old
02-08-2009, 11:35 PM
hockeysense*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
lol he's now simply resorting to "MTL interested in a star player".

Soon it'll be "MTL interested in an NHL player on an NHL team".
Hahaha, I was just about to say.

hockeysense* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:37 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Don't be so naive.

5.75m a year... he needs to show up even if no one else does.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
maybe it's modano and a prospect for Gorges?
you know what, with the idea of Lang being out for the rest of the season and the Stars going nowhere this season, it might be more realistic then then we think, especially with Gainey being his GM for so many seasons....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:39 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post

Yes, completely brilliant to base a players value on one playoff year / series. I mean Hossa disappears in the playoffs. Well except for last season, when he was on fire in the playoffs. And probably this year when he wins another cup. Other than that he is completely useless in the playoffs.

What would rather have? A player who disappears in the playoffs? Or one that disappears for entire season like Kovafloat?

Last edited by lou4gehrig: 02-08-2009 at 11:44 PM.
lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Maybe, just maybe, Gainey is trying to pry Lecavalier from the cold, dead hands of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:54 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Yes, completely brilliant to base a players value on one playoff year / series. I mean Hossa disappears in the playoffs. Well except for last season, when he was on fire in the playoffs. And probably this year when he wins another cup. Other than that he is completely useless in the playoffs.

What would rather have? A player who disappears in the playoffs? Or one that disappears for entire season like Kovafloat?
Wake up and re-read my post. All of Markov's playoff performances have shown major drops in production.

Both "countrymen" should be dealt, to answer your question as I would prefer "neither".

Old
02-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
According to EKLUND the Habs are interested in a STAR forward and up and coming prospect, which would cost Montreal one of their top 2 Dmen in Markov or Komisarek
Not going to happen. Markov isn't going anywhere. The only way Komi leaves is if he decides he doesn't want to sign a new contract.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:07 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
you know what, with the idea of Lang being out for the rest of the season and the Stars going nowhere this season, it might be more realistic then then we think, especially with Gainey being his GM for so many seasons....
5th in the West, 8-2-0 in their last 10 games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post

even better, a player who disappear in the PO or not making them (PO) cause you're missing the said player during regular season...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2009 at 09:57 AM.
ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:19 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Markov is worth a lot more than Richards
Thinking the same... Markov worth a lot, i wouldn't trade him unless it is in a package for Malkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier... a top forward.

Richards is good but not a top 10 forward in the NHL.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:59 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Thinking the same... Markov worth a lot, i wouldn't trade him unless it is in a package for Malkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier... a top forward.

Richards is good but not a top 10 forward in the NHL.
I'd trade him if we were getting a certified impact/franchise CENTER ala Eric Staal, Lecavalier, Malkin, Crosby, Carter, etc... And a Pick or top prospect would be nice.

Truth be told I think Subban is going to be the next Dan Boyle, and McDonagh the next Hammrlik if not better. And Emelin is supposed to be a franchise stay at home D.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:28 AM
HotHabsFan*

duh ! he is just guessing, anyone can throw this one out there. it's kind of obvious no ? so when BG does make a move he will say i told you so.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote