HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price = Alan Bester

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2009, 01:05 AM
StlRams514

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Jesus Christ our fans can be soooooooo weird...

Old
02-09-2009, 01:47 AM
DaHabMan

Please stop writing. That is all.

Old
02-09-2009, 03:11 AM
JudasPriced

Carey Price can be the #1 goaltender for the Montreal Canadiens for the next decade. Some people may find it hard to go from the arrogant, cocky, and confident days of Roy to the cool, calm, and collected days of Carey Price. Get use to it. He's slumping mildy and so is the entire team. I predict we will forget this thread ever existed at the end of our western trip.

End Thread.

Old
02-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Brass

He Hates to lose , id be like him , now ask Mike smith how he feel in sunny tampa

Old
02-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
What really ticks me off is i have Price on my fantasy team and thanks to that effort last night i lost the goalie stats for this week !!!
Boo ****ing Hoo!!

Old
02-09-2009, 04:38 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

first i thought it was just canucks fans that were like this. then i thought it was just canucks and oilers fans. very very wrong

Old
02-09-2009, 05:26 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Jesus Christ are you guys for real ? we loose 7 games and that's it Price has to go at any price ? I hate you all Fefans.
loll... go see the look on his face, it's the same look he had after the flyers series. I repeat, yes he's young, maybe he's gonna get more consistent, but he will never become IMO a franchise or a great goaltender because he LACKS the character NEEDED to play the toughest position in hockey, goaltender in Montreal. Don't tell me about Junior or AHL Calder Cup, because those are very different.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:27 AM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How's Justin Pogge? Oh yeah 4.34 GAA and .824 SV%.
Justin Pogge is not a major prospect, unlike Price. Pogge had a world junior championship, and he put up good numbers, but he had a team in front of him that was way, way, better than the competition. He has not dominated the AHL (statistically he is far from being the best goalie on his team, and not top 20 in the league), either, and he has been there a while.

Price dominated everywhere on the way up, and thrived under pressure. He has to adjust to the NHL, and adjust to players adjusting to him, but goalies usually improve every year and don't star until mid to late twenties, and he is twenty one. Plus his ankle won't heal properly this season .

Have to hope he can learn to play with the pain, but he will be fine next year. And he has come through slumps before.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:32 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
loll... go see the look on his face, it's the same look he had after the flyers series. I repeat, yes he's young, maybe he's gonna get more consistent, but he will never become IMO a franchise or a great goaltender because he LACKS the character NEEDED to play the toughest position in hockey, goaltender in Montreal. Don't tell me about Junior or AHL Calder Cup, because those are very different.
dumbest thing i have read in a while, i see you have never played hockey in this country ! go to a rink with a any kid in the junior.
no pressure at the Junior level.

Old
02-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Santino

Montreal fans are the worst! we win a game, we re amazing... we lose a game. we suck. Give the kid a break, he just returned from an injury, give him a bit of time to get back into the groove. You know, we re never going to win 82 games so get used to losing. Every team is bound to lose some games and goalies will go into short term slumps, it happens, get over it! And if the kid does have a problem maybe it goes deeper than what everyone here is suggesting. i think the problem with montreals` goalies is and has been for a while is Melonson. He teaches every goalie to go down into the butterfly position; which isnt the worst technique. However our goalies use this technique way too often and Price is no exception. Look how many goals in the past few games, and all season are going over is glove hand and over his shoulder. He drops to the floor way too fast and this will pose a big problem if he continues doing so.

Last edited by Santino: 02-09-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old
02-09-2009, 06:51 AM
wedge

and people wanted to trade him for Lecavalier. the GM of the Lightning is more intelligent than that. He would have given Kolzig for Price. Hey, maybe that's the solution... at least Kolzig has won a Vezina and done something in the playoffs. Maybe they'd want Price for Kolzig? Or are we overpaying?

Old
02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
dumbest thing i have read in a while, i see you have never played hockey in this country ! go to a rink with a any kid in the junior.
no pressure at the Junior level.
Yes because success in juniors ALWAYS translates into success in the nhl!

Old
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Yes because success in juniors ALWAYS translates into success in the nhl!

who was talking about success, it has nothing to do with success. he said there was no pressure to play in Junior hockey and well he is flat out wrong !

Old
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
mcphee

thank you, this has been a test, my 'stupid' pills do in fact work and will soon be used to fight terrorism.

Old
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I don't see this going anywhere. Perhaps a more constructive thread contemplating our recent goaltending woes could be tried, but this one is done.

Closed Thread