HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:06 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

if hes ready to compete next year i would not be surprised if he won a spot based on his offensive skill and pp work alone.
considering Staal still doesn't get PP time...unless the entire coaching staff is replaced, I'd be surprised(if he made it because of his offensive skill, not because of how good he is overall..)

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:09 AM
RangerFan10

the thing is they took their time with guys like Staal(and Potter I guess) because there wasn't any reason to "rush" them. The cap situation is going to get very tight, tighter than it already is. If there's players like DZ and Sanguinetti that can play in the NHL they're probably going to get the call sooner than they would if we had cap space for veterans. We need players making the minimum but playing like they deserve to get paid, the best place to find those is your own system.

Old
02-09-2009, 01:14 AM
D713B

The fact that MDZ won't be eligible for the "A" next year will probably work against him for sticking with the big club next season out of camp. And Sangs still has a looong way to go on the defensive end of his game.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:41 AM
RangerFan10

I hope they re-sign Mara for maybe 2 more years and sign Potter's offer sheet to buy a year for Sangs and DZ. Then have our d look like this

Redden, Rozy, Staal, Girardi, Mara, Potter (Fahey, Sauer)

Old
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
spanky8992

Send a message via AIM to spanky8992
If Luca Sbisa could keep up in the Nhl this year, why not MDZ?

spanky8992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I hope they re-sign Mara for maybe 2 more years and sign Potter's offer sheet to buy a year for Sangs and DZ. Then have our d look like this

Redden, Rozy, Staal, Girardi, Mara, Potter (Fahey, Sauer)
Assuming Sauer is ready, I'd much rather have him in the lineup than Potter.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky8992 View Post
easy

1) Sbisa is better defensively

2) he was sent back down over a week ago......

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
FWIW, Del Zotto has been playing on the PK of late for London, the league's second best team. A strong testament to his defensive improvement.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
easy

1) Sbisa is better defensively

2) he was sent back down over a week ago......
Questionable.

Sbisa is built like a man.

Del Z is still in a boys frame, he's growing, he'll get there. Patience.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Assuming Sauer is ready, I'd much rather have him in the lineup than Potter.
it'd be a battle in camp for the 6th d-spot between Potter, Sauer, and Fahey with Potter being the front-runner since he was deemed most NHL ready this season.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky8992 View Post
Luca Sbisa spent the past few weeks in the press box as a healthy scratch before getting sent back to juniors a week ago, after he'd already played 39 games. Meaning Philly's already burned through a full year of his entry level deal.

I'm not sure he's the guy you want to use as an example here.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
spanky8992

Send a message via AIM to spanky8992
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Luca Sbisa spent the past few weeks in the press box as a healthy scratch before getting sent back to juniors a week ago, after he'd already played 39 games. Meaning Philly's already burned through a full year of his entry level deal.

I'm not sure he's the guy you want to use as an example here.
I used him as an example because they were drafted in the same year.

spanky8992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
FWIW, Del Zotto has been playing on the PK of late for London, the league's second best team. A strong testament to his defensive improvement.
That doesn't really say much...I would really hope a 1st round pick would be playing the PK in junior hockey..

For the record, not a chance in a hell Del Zotto makes the team out of camp. He still has a lot of work to do. He will travel the same route Sangs is...play at least a season in the AHL.

They aren't going to rush him up when they have Sangs who could be ready next year, or midway through next year.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
That doesn't really say much...I would really hope a 1st round pick would be playing the PK in junior hockey..

For the record, not a chance in a hell Del Zotto makes the team out of camp. He still has a lot of work to do. He will travel the same route Sangs is...play at least a season in the AHL.

They aren't going to rush him up when they have Sangs who could be ready next year, or midway through next year.
Or Sangs could be traded in the offseason for forward help and DelZ could make the squad out of camp. He can't play in the AHL next year so its big club or juniors. Theres a few scenarios that could play out.

Old
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Or Sangs could be traded in the offseason for forward help and DelZ could make the squad out of camp. He can't play in the AHL next year so its big club or juniors. Theres a few scenarios that could play out.
True, but I don't see Sangs getting traded either, we been dying for a PP QB for years and years...i'd rather keep both and see which would turns out to be that guy..rather then toss Sangs away for a rental (Keith Tkachuk for example).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
True, but I don't see Sangs getting traded either, we been dying for a PP QB for years and years...i'd rather keep both and see which would turns out to be that guy..rather then toss Sangs away for a rental (Keith Tkachuk for example).
I agree, i'm not ready to throw out Sangs until we see DelZ.

But if we are making trades by the deadline or the offseason I can't see who else other teams would be interested in.

Old
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Garfinkel1

I can't remember where I saw this so I can't exactly find a link so take it for what it's worth...

but I read that Del Zotto is really getting in tip top shape and could be a surprise out of camp next year. Take that and the fact that we have an incredibly tight cap situation and you have a possibility of him getting the call.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I can't remember where I saw this so I can't exactly find a link so take it for what it's worth...

but I read that Del Zotto is really getting in tip top shape and could be a surprise out of camp next year. Take that and the fact that we have an incredibly tight cap situation and you have a possibility of him getting the call.
I posted it on the first page of the thread. Here it is again though.

Quote:
According to Gordie Clark, the Rangers’ Director of Player Personnel, “a big difference in Del Zotto this season is his conditioning. Since Adam Graves and Peter DeBoer have been involved in Oshawa, the whole team’s conditioning regimen has changed, and now Michael is a finely-tuned athlete. He wowed us from Conditioning Camp this summer on through the fall, but now, we are seeing that he is a better thinker of the game and with the conditioning changes, he is quicker. We expect that Del Zotto will surprise a lot of guys next fall, and be competing for a spot on the Rangers roster.”
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...spects_update/

Old
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
I posted it on the first page of the thread. Here it is again though.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...spects_update/
Keep in mind this is the same Gordie Clarke that has said repeatedly that Anisimov's nothing more than a good 3rd line center and Grachev needs to work on his skating.

(Not saying he's wrong, or doesn't know more than us, but if we're going to hang on everything he says positive, we should also pay attention to what he says that goes contrary to what most posters want to think.)

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

It says a lot about his defensive improvement! Early this season, he was struggling in his own end and certainly could not be counted on to play the PK. He has now improved to the point that he is becoming a fixture on the PK. I didn't say that means he's ready or close to ready for NHL action--just that he's been focusing on his defense and is obviously improving.

Old
02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Keep in mind this is the same Gordie Clarke that has said repeatedly that Anisimov's nothing more than a good 3rd line center and Grachev needs to work on his skating.

(Not saying he's wrong, or doesn't know more than us, but if we're going to hang on everything he says positive, we should also pay attention to what he says that goes contrary to what most posters want to think.)
Yeah I even said its not very likely. That said I'm trying to feed off of all the positive news that I can, you know its not easy being a Rangers fan lately.