HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo needs centers, has D, Wingers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
  #51
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Todd White and Eric Christensen

for

Afinogenov and Hecht.
I really like this. I've been a Todd White fan [if there is such a thing ] for a number of years now. Underrated.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
  #52
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I really like this. I've been a Todd White fan [if there is such a thing ] for a number of years now. Underrated.
hecht, id do that deal even if it was Reasoner and Christensen. Dumping Hecht's contract, even though he's a valuable part of the team, is a good thing for next year.

Reasoner would make it possible to move Goose to wing on his return. Christensen is a MacArthur like young center.

i have no idea why Atlanta would do this though. they take on a ton of salary.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
  #53
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
hecht, id do that deal even if it was Reasoner and Christensen. Dumping Hecht's contract, even though he's a valuable part of the team, is a good thing for next year.

Reasoner would make it possible to move Goose to wing on his return. Christensen is a MacArthur like young center.

i have no idea why Atlanta would do this though. they take on a ton of salary.
Atlanta is near the floor, and they probably won't have Schneider on the books next year. Who knows, they might not have Havelid either. They have to spend more actually, and FA's won't be knocking on their door unless they snag Tavares.

When White is playing well, he's a very good #2 center. I like him, and always have, mostly (he was AWFUL last year and couldn't stand him). But he's not the grittiest guy, and Atlanta is soooo soft that he's a part of the problem unfortunately.


Last edited by Magnus Fulgur: 02-09-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
  #54
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
I must agree that the Spezza deal would be exciting, and create an awesome pairing with Vanek. Our top two lines would be right up there with any team's top two, and would allow Roy to flurish.

With that said, we can't do it. You just can't tie up that much money in two players....around 7 mil for vanek & spezza, you go into cap hell. In order to have a balanced team, you need decent/good 2.5-4.0 mil dollar players. You can't hope to "fill-in" a free agent cast-off (satan) every year to fill out your team. It didn't work in Tampa with vinny/marty/brad, and it isn't working in pitts. You need a balanced team.....just look at Detroit, they created a salary structure, created a winning place every player understands when comming in, and they WANT to come.

I'd include Butler on your list. Kid is good, young, cheap...a package with Hecht, Butler, pick and say Gerbe should get us just about anyone in the league. I've always liked Oli Jokinen, he'd fit in.

As for Drury. I'd take him back in a second. He's exactly what we need. He was the captain here so he already has our players respect, and they know it's a business and what happened. Let's face it, a year after he left he's the captain of one of the flagship franchises of the NHL. If we brought him back in a deal for Hecht, we all know what we would gain. The only thing Hecht brings is a defensive responibilty, Drury is all that and has more offensive upside, plus veteran, winning experience. In a second.....with Connolly healthy, back to being a top 4 team. Now what do we need to do to get Pronger on the team........pipe dreams.......

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
  #55
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorhtPortFL View Post
I must agree that the Spezza deal would be exciting, and create an awesome pairing with Vanek. Our top two lines would be right up there with any team's top two, and would allow Roy to flurish.

With that said, we can't do it. You just can't tie up that much money in two players....around 7 mil for vanek & spezza, you go into cap hell. In order to have a balanced team, you need decent/good 2.5-4.0 mil dollar players. You can't hope to "fill-in" a free agent cast-off (satan) every year to fill out your team. It didn't work in Tampa with vinny/marty/brad, and it isn't working in pitts. You need a balanced team.....just look at Detroit, they created a salary structure, created a winning place every player understands when comming in, and they WANT to come.

I'd include Butler on your list. Kid is good, young, cheap...a package with Hecht, Butler, pick and say Gerbe should get us just about anyone in the league. I've always liked Oli Jokinen, he'd fit in.

As for Drury. I'd take him back in a second. He's exactly what we need. He was the captain here so he already has our players respect, and they know it's a business and what happened. Let's face it, a year after he left he's the captain of one of the flagship franchises of the NHL. If we brought him back in a deal for Hecht, we all know what we would gain. The only thing Hecht brings is a defensive responibilty, Drury is all that and has more offensive upside, plus veteran, winning experience. In a second.....with Connolly healthy, back to being a top 4 team. Now what do we need to do to get Pronger on the team........pipe dreams.......
I beg to differ about the validity of whether you CAN do it with multi high priced players. Tampa won a cup, and Ottawa and Pittsburgh both went to cup finals.

the trick is developing young bottom tier players well, and trading them before their UFA to continue filling the pipeline.

It can be done. Detroit is now officially in that same boat, they have Dats, Zet, Lids, Rafalski locked up for well over half their cap next year.

the trick is having the cheap long term veterans (Draper, Holmstrom, Maltby) and the interchangeable/tradeable young players (Filp, Helm, Cleary, Hudler)

oh yea, and dont overpay goaltenders...

Id deal with figuring out what to do to fill out the roster if i had Vanek, Spezza, Roy, Volchenkov, Miller locked up long term.

Vanek-Spezza, look at Heatley's numbers... that's what Vanek would be doing for the next 5 years. 50/50/100 seasons.

its not worth talking about because Spezza is not getting traded to Buffalo in a million years

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
  #56
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
threw this out with each Filppula 'value' thread, but testing the waters again with Hossa is showing how nice it would be to have him around long-term.

Filppula + Lilja
for
Paille + Numminen + pick (2,3,4?)

we need to clear some cap/tagging room for 09-10 to get our signings done, so i'm swapping Filppula & Lilja ($3M & $1.25M for next year) for Paille & Numminen ($1.125M & UFA next year.)
Flip's a solid #2 center in the making; Lilja's a solid physical #4-5-6 d-man. we can use a good physical 2-way guy to replace Maltby/Kopecky in the bottom 6, and Numminen would make a good #5-6-7 d-man for our playoff run.
thoughts?

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
  #57
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,587
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
threw this out with each Filppula 'value' thread, but testing the waters again with Hossa is showing how nice it would be to have him around long-term.

Filppula + Lilja
for
Paille + Numminen + pick (2,3,4?)

we need to clear some cap/tagging room for 09-10 to get our signings done, so i'm swapping Filppula & Lilja ($3M & $1.25M for next year) for Paille & Numminen ($1.125M & UFA next year.)
Flip's a solid #2 center in the making; Lilja's a solid physical #4-5-6 d-man. we can use a good physical 2-way guy to replace Maltby/Kopecky in the bottom 6, and Numminen would make a good #5-6-7 d-man for our playoff run.
thoughts?
Teppo's actually the dealbreaker there. He's said basically that he'll play in Buffalo or retire.

Can we interest you in a long-striding, rangy Swede? Hank Tallinder would probably flourish in the shadows of the rest of the Wings D. There might need to be some more balancing to the deal then, but essentially Paille and Tallinder for Filpulla and Lilja.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
  #58
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
So the OP posts the available players and people start making proposals for players NOT LISTED.

Bunch of tards showing their faces in this Trade forum.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
  #59
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
threw this out with each Filppula 'value' thread, but testing the waters again with Hossa is showing how nice it would be to have him around long-term.

Filppula + Lilja
for
Paille + Numminen + pick (2,3,4?)

we need to clear some cap/tagging room for 09-10 to get our signings done, so i'm swapping Filppula & Lilja ($3M & $1.25M for next year) for Paille & Numminen ($1.125M & UFA next year.)
Flip's a solid #2 center in the making; Lilja's a solid physical #4-5-6 d-man. we can use a good physical 2-way guy to replace Maltby/Kopecky in the bottom 6, and Numminen would make a good #5-6-7 d-man for our playoff run.
thoughts?
switch Numminen with Tallinder...

then again, with Tallinder and Lilja involved this probably has to be a 3 way.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
  #60
Shamrock1989
 
Shamrock1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Shamrock1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
switch Numminen with Tallinder...

then again, with Tallinder and Lilja involved this probably has to be a 3 way.

^ Hahahaha, I see what you did there

Shamrock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
  #61
Wayne Maki
Registered User
 
Wayne Maki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,742
vCash: 500
Canucks could offer Wellwood. Who does Buffalo have with pretty much no value?


Last edited by Wayne Maki: 02-09-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Wayne Maki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
  #62
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Teppo's actually the dealbreaker there. He's said basically that he'll play in Buffalo or retire.

Can we interest you in a long-striding, rangy Swede? Hank Tallinder would probably flourish in the shadows of the rest of the Wings D. There might need to be some more balancing to the deal then, but essentially Paille and Tallinder for Filpulla and Lilja.
i wouldn't mind the switch value-wise, but there's no room for Tallinder's salary next year.

could water it down to Flip for Paille, but it'd probably take a decent pick (maybe two) to make it work.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
  #63
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
i wouldn't mind the switch value-wise, but there's no room for Tallinder's salary next year.

could water it down to Flip for Paille, but it'd probably take a decent pick (maybe two) to make it work.
Previously Buffalo / Detroit fans came to an agreement on
MacArthur, TJ Brennan
for
Filpulla

if you want to swap MacArthur and Paille, i'd still do this deal.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
  #64
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Previously Buffalo / Detroit fans came to an agreement on
MacArthur, TJ Brennan
for
Filpulla

if you want to swap MacArthur and Paille, i'd still do this deal.
Yep. Me to.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
  #65
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Previously Buffalo / Detroit fans came to an agreement on
MacArthur, TJ Brennan
for
Filpulla

if you want to swap MacArthur and Paille, i'd still do this deal.
i wouldn't mind either way, how does their speed/skating compare? if nothing else some nights, Flip hustles and speed is a big part of the Wings' game.
D-prospects aren't necessarily a big need within the organization, but this deal w/ Brennan works.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
  #66
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
switch Numminen with Tallinder...

then again, with Tallinder and Lilja involved this probably has to be a 3 way.


OMG

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
  #67
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
How about Drury and Campbell?

..Oh wait.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
  #68
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I beg to differ about the validity of whether you CAN do it with multi high priced players. Tampa won a cup, and Ottawa and Pittsburgh both went to cup finals.
Hey Jame, Don't mean to disagree because I'd like to figure out what to do with Spezza on the team too but Tampa didn't win the cup with these salaries. They doled out the salaries after they won. They choose their big 3, and couldn't pay for Khabby in net. Pitts salaries started this year, i think, which is why they had the ability to get Hossa, and have the vets on their team last year. Anyway, it's a tight rope.

I completely agree with you about developing talent, which we do a pretty good job at.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:29 AM
  #69
mmfs*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
How about Drury and Campbell?

..Oh wait.

mmfs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:40 AM
  #70
Mike Richards 18
Registered User
 
Mike Richards 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 50
Briere Nodl 3rd for Kotalik and Meyers/Enroth

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
  #71
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Briere Nodl 3rd for Kotalik and Meyers/Enroth

No thanks

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.