HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kukkonen waived

Old
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't think two-way contracts have to pass through re-entry waivers unless it is so much.

Syvret is not eligible for arbitration this off-season. Players are only arbitration eligible after their second contract has expired [unless you're eligible for unrestricted free agency], which means he still has to be on his ELC.
He's in his fourth year, thus he's not on his ELC, thus: waivers. Also, Jester's right, 2 way contracts and waivers are two completely separate issues.

Back to MSE's post, is Guenin subject to waivers? He's in his third year, but I dunno if that's his ELC. I guess he'd be next in line if he doesn't have to go through waivers.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Something doesn't add up then, because Syvret is ineligible for arbitration, which can only happen if you're still on your ELC, but this is his 4th pro year.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:58 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
He's in his fourth year, thus he's not on his ELC, thus: waivers. Also, Jester's right, 2 way contracts and waivers are two completely separate issues.

Back to MSE's post, is Guenin subject to waivers? He's in his third year, but I dunno if that's his ELC. I guess he'd be next in line if he doesn't have to go through waivers.
This is the last year of Guenin's ELC

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Ok, Syvret is eligible for arbitration, there was just an error on the site.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:06 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wow I havent been as angry at Stevens as I am now. Anyone read what they said on Ossi? Stevens pretty much said that he's been sucking so now he's the 7th defenseman. Steven's pisses me the **** off..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I read that. Pretty ****ed up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Also, regarding the Stevens quote on Ossi:

When did he start playing bad? Does anyone think he didnt play well at all? I really haven't noticed. Besides, I think Ossi has been solid enough all year to not warrant the 7thDman spot.

Anyone else a bit peeved by that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
riiiiiidiculous.
You people have either have serious reading comprehension issues, or you didn't click to read the article. Here is what it says re: Vaananen:

Quote:
His presence has seen Ossi Vaananen’s minutes dwindle from 13:00 most recently to a combined nine minutes over the weekend at Boston and Atlanta.
On the other hand, Vaananen’s play hasn’t been impressive lately, and when Stevens was asked about that Saturday, he sidestepped the question, saying that Vaananen is a victim of using seven defensemen right now.

“I don’t think he’s hurt,” Holmgren said. “Whether John is unhappy with his play, you have to ask him. It’s difficult when we lose [Scottie] Upshall and [Mike] Richards [to the flu]. You’re only allowed 23 on the roster.

“To dress seven defensemen is always difficult. Someone always get the [bad] end of the stick, and in this case, it was Vaananen this past weekend in terms of minutes played. Ossi is a good player. He’ll be back in there for us at some point.”
Do you see a quote from John Stevens in there?

The piece is an interview with Holmgren. Stevens isn't even quoted. The green part is Panaccio.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:01 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
You people have either have serious reading comprehension issues, or you didn't click to read the article. Here is what it says re: Vaananen:

Do you see a quote from John Stevens in there?

The piece is an interview with Holmgren. Stevens isn't even quoted. The green part is Panaccio.
Umm are you retarded?

Quote:
when Stevens was asked about that Saturday, he sidestepped the question, saying that Vaananen is a victim of using seven defensemen right now.
They bring up Parent, put him in Ossi's spot, and now Steven's said he is the victim of the seven defensmen. What does that sound like... oh yea Lasse Kukkonen, VICTIM of the seven defensemen. I know what Homer said, Im not stupid, but Stevens is the coach and as we know plays the players that are his favorites.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Get Carter

Quote:
Umm are you retarded?

They bring up Parent, put him in Ossi's spot, and now Steven's said he is the victim of the seven defensmen. What does that sound like... oh yea Lasse Kukkonen, VICTIM of the seven defensemen. I know what Homer said, Im not stupid, but Stevens is the coach and as we know plays the players that are his favorites.
I honestly don't see what is so bad about that tho. That's exactly what he is right now unless somebody else gets hurt. Somebody has to be a 7th defenseman when all are healthy. Parent is playing too well to not play. He's not playing favorites. He's playing the guys that are playing the best.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
They bring up Parent, put him in Ossi's spot, and now Steven's said he is the victim of the seven defensmen. What does that sound like...
Who said anything about "sound like"?

Here is what you wrote:

Quote:
Stevens pretty much said that he's been sucking so now he's the 7th defenseman.
Stevens said no such thing.

Quote:
Stevens is the coach and as we know plays the players that are his favorites.
I know, it's horrible. We need a coach who doesn't play the players he thinks are best...

Dumb.

Old
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Kimmo > Parent > Ossi > Carle > Coburn > Jones > Alberts

That is about how I see it right now and Alberts and Jones have been playing well lately. They have 7 guys who have all been pretty good lately, but to say Ossi is the 7 is down right wrong in my opinion. I'd be sitting Alberts before I'd be sitting Ossi.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
My main beef is that I believe Ossi shouldn't be the 7th Dman. No way (IMO) does Jones or Alberts beat out Ossi on the list.

Kimmo - Coburn
Ossi - Carle
Parent - Jones

That would be the best pairings IMO. I know Parent is playing really well with Kimmo, but I think Coburn needs to be there and play better. I think Parent is responsible enough to cover Jones, and Ossi-Carle should be a pairing.

2cents.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
My main beef is that I believe Ossi shouldn't be the 7th Dman. No way (IMO) does Jones or Alberts beat out Ossi on the list.

Kimmo - Coburn
Ossi - Carle
Parent - Jones

That would be the best pairings IMO. I know Parent is playing really well with Kimmo, but I think Coburn needs to be there and play better. I think Parent is responsible enough to cover Jones, and Ossi-Carle should be a pairing.

2cents.
Agreed, I don't know what Stevens sees but it's not the same thing that most of us do. Maybe he's so pissed at Kukks that he takes it out on Vaananen just because they're both Finnish
Kimmo had better watch out!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Agreed, I don't know what Stevens sees but it's not the same thing that most of us do. Maybe he's so pissed at Kukks that he takes it out on Vaananen just because they're both Finnish
Kimmo had better watch out!
If he ever sat Kimmo... I think we'd riot in the streets

But I totally agree. Parent has been playing well, but as we saw, a Kimmo-Ossi pairing worked 95% of the time. They hardly let goals in on their line, and played very well together. Nothing against Parent but you dont just throw a rookie out there on the first pairing. When it also comes to playoff time, we need the veterans to step up and take control along with Richards.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:

Kimmo - Coburn
Ossi - Carle
Parent - Jones

2cents.
I agree, it's not even close. Ossi is probably #4/5 right now, not 7. No way.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Get Carter

Sorry, but it seems like you guys are the ones playing favorites. I guess Jones will always be the whipping boy, but he has been playing great for 3 weeks.

Parent is playing better (right now) with Timonen than Ossi was, and Alberts has been great in the 5/6 role and is more physical than Ossi.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
ToTheNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Carter View Post
Sorry, but it seems like you guys are the ones playing favorites. I guess Jones will always be the whipping boy, but he has been playing great for 3 weeks.

Parent is playing better (right now) with Timonen than Ossi was, and Alberts has been great in the 5/6 role and is more physical than Ossi.
I'll agree that Jones has been playing better and has actually been a bit better offensively than Coburn and Carle have been (although it has been mainly luck as most of his goals were absolute GIFTS he wasn't even shooting at the net on his overtime goal), but defensivly it isn't even CLOSE. Ossi is the 2nd best Defensive Dman on the team, until Parent proves otherwise and that isn't going to be proven with only two games.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Get Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
I'll agree that Jones has been playing better and has actually been a bit better offensively than Coburn and Carle have been (although it has been mainly luck as most of his goals were absolute GIFTS he wasn't even shooting at the net on his overtime goal), but defensivly it isn't even CLOSE. Ossi is the 2nd best Defensive Dman on the team, until Parent proves otherwise and that isn't going to be proven with only two games.
That was his only 'lucky' goal. The other two were him going to the net. And he has been fine defensively, IMO.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

This is like deja vu.

When Kukkonen was 7th man there was widespread !!!outrage!!! here and lots of "Kukkonen > Hatcher" and "Kukkonen > Jones" and "he blocks shots!!!" and so forth.

Now that Kukkonen has cleared waivers twice there's not much talk about him any longer, since the people around the league who CLEARLY know the most about the subject material have declined to claim him. Apparently, John Stevens, with his attendance at every practice and his attendance at every game and his review of game video and consultation with assistant coaches and other team personnel, came to the correct conclusion about Lasse Kukkonen.

One would think you Nintendo GMs would have learned something from that. But, alas, you still seem convinced that you are better equipped to evaluate the Flyers blueline corps than the team's head coach.

Amusing (in a mind-numbingly senseless kind of way).

Old
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
ToTheNet

Quote:
This is like deja vu.

When Kukkonen was 7th man there was widespread !!!outrage!!! here and lots of "Kukkonen > Hatcher" and "Kukkonen > Jones" and "he blocks shots!!!" and so forth.

Now that Kukkonen has cleared waivers twice there's not much talk about him any longer, since the people around the league who CLEARLY know the most about the subject material have declined to claim him. Apparently, John Stevens, with his attendance at every practice and his attendance at every game and his review of game video and consultation with assistant coaches and other team personnel, came to the correct conclusion about Lasse Kukkonen.

One would think you Nintendo GMs would have learned something from that.

Kukkonen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
That was his only 'lucky' goal. The other two were him going to the net. And he has been fine defensively, IMO.
Jones has been good for maybe past 2 weeks... while Ossi has been good for the whole year? Just cause Jones puts up points, doesnt mean in the slightest he's better then Ossi. In 41 games Ossi has 10 points, +5, as a defensive defenseman (whole playing 2 of those games as 7th defenseman). Jones has 5 points, +4, in 19 games as an offensive defenseman. Jones still makes his "wtf" passes, while for the most part Ossi has been solid in his passes.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
This is like deja vu.

One would think you Nintendo GMs would have learned something from that. But, alas, you still seem convinced that you are better equipped to evaluate the Flyers blueline corps than the team's head coach.

Amusing (in a mind-numbingly senseless kind of way).
So you agree on Ossi being the 7th defenseman? I guess the Jones love is blinding you. Id rather trade him to a team that will play him, then let him play as our seventh. Guy doesnt do shyt wrong and gets sit. Kuks sucked, plain and simple. I was never a Kuks fan, but to say Ossi is as bad as Kuks makes me laugh.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Get Carter

Quote:
Jones has been good for maybe past 2 weeks... while Ossi has been good for the whole year? Just cause Jones puts up points, doesnt mean in the slightest he's better then Ossi. In 41 games Ossi has 10 points, +5, as a defensive defenseman (whole playing 2 of those games as 7th defenseman). Jones has 5 points, +4, in 19 games as an offensive defenseman. Jones still makes his "wtf" passes, while for the most part Ossi has been solid in his passes.
I'm not talking about offense. I'm talking about each of their overall game. Jones has impressed me for the past 3 weeks offensively and defensively.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I'm not talking about offense. I'm talking about each of their overall game. Jones has impressed me for the past 3 weeks offensively and defensively.
And Ossi hasnt? I dont notice the guy at all which is a good thing. He doesnt make the retarded mistakes that Jones does. He makes the safe pass, and plays very well defensively. What more can you ask?

Old
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Stevens runs his team like the mob business. Kuks and Ossi hasn't payed him back in goals so they both get benched. Jones, goes out and scores 2 goals and gets to play 15 mins per game. I hope Ossi is traded to a team who plays him. I also hope he haunts the **** out of us. I thought Ossi was of the best moves we made in the offseason, that paid off.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

where do people want vaananen playing? i know he's good, but it seems that the people who are all about parent are the same ones who are complaining that ossi isn't playing. parent essentially replaced him, that's about it. carle, coburn, and timonen aren't going anywhere (except in a trade) so there are 4 guys for three spots. jones deserves a spot right now, despite the hatred lots of people have for him. he's playing on the 'third' pairing and he's been pretty solid for the last couple of weeks since he's gotten his legs under him. he's good for a bonehead play every now and then, but so is coburn, carle, etc. it also seems that the flyers are sold on alberts. would we be better with jones-ossi instead, maybe, but they like the fact that alberts is big and throws his weight around every now and then.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
where do people want vaananen playing? i know he's good, but it seems that the people who are all about parent are the same ones who are complaining that ossi isn't playing. parent essentially replaced him, that's about it. carle, coburn, and timonen aren't going anywhere (except in a trade) so there are 4 guys for three spots. jones deserves a spot right now, despite the hatred lots of people have for him. he's playing on the 'third' pairing and he's been pretty solid for the last couple of weeks since he's gotten his legs under him. he's good for a bonehead play every now and then, but so is coburn, carle, etc. it also seems that the flyers are sold on alberts. would we be better with jones-ossi instead, maybe, but they like the fact that alberts is big and throws his weight around every now and then.
I guess you could put me in the "play Ossi" section.

Away look a few posts up. I think he should be with Carle, and Parent should be with Jones.

I think Ossi is better than Alberts, however Alberts does throw his weight around and hit more, which is rare in our dmen right now. But I would still play Ossi over Alberts any day of the week. (Also, I kind like Alberts too)

So in all

Kimmo - Coburn
Ossi - Carle
Parent - Jones.

I think you got your great 1st pairing.
Solid 2nd, with Ossi always covering for Carle's offensive roaming, and same thing with the 3rd paring.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote