HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The 2009 Trade Deadline Prediction Thread (Updated Regularly!!!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2009, 01:12 PM
  #101
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,810
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
know that hamhuis would not come cheaply, though.
Oh, no I know. He's not worth JVR though.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
  #102
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
toronto fans have been massively been over rating antropov and poni. only reason they look good because they are taking over some of the offense left be hind by sundin, tucker, mcabe and others that flecther had right fully gotten rid of

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
  #103
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!
 
Kessel>Seguin +'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
No thanks on the Leafs Montreal trade from the Leafs. a First from Montreal has to be included then we will talk. Preissing to Montreal is possible but i imagine he is worth at least a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
To TOR: Chris Higgins, Ryan O'Byrne, Kyle Chipchura, 2nd round pick
To MTL: Tomas Kaberle, Nik Antropov

To EDM: Antoine Vermette, Chris Neil
To OTT: Kyle Brodziak, Rob Schremp, Zach Stortini, 2nd round pick

To CGY: Bill Guerin
To NYI: 2nd round pick

To MTL: Tom Preissing
To LAK: Mathieu Dandenault, 3rd round pick

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
  #104
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
The other GM's can decide for themselves. Do they want to add someone who will probably end the season with 25 goals and 60 points? How many other top 6 forwards are available? Ryan Smyth was traded to Long Island for Nilsson, O'Marra and a 1st (he finished that season with 68 points). Granted, he brings more leadership, grit and has been a more consistent scorer over his career than Antropov, but there is no way the difference is that great.
you'd have to be a leaf fan or stupid to actually believe antro = smyth

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
  #105
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,846
vCash: 500
Florida keeps Bouwmeester, make the playoffs, lose to the Bruins in the first round, and he leaves as a UFA in the offseason.

Toronto largely stands pat, keeping Kaberle and dealing only secondary players for second and third rounders.

San Jose stands pat and, true to form, bows out in the second round, once more to Dallas.

Anaheim opts to retain Pronger, and trades Niedermayer.

New Jersey deals a first rounder and a prospect for Scott Niedermayer, defeats Boston in the conference finals and Detroit in the Finals to win the Stanley Cup.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
  #106
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
[/U][/I][/B]

And Antropov has scored 40 how many times? and in the playoffs he has done what?

Trying put Antropov anywhere near Smyth is a joke

How many times has Antropov scored goals in a year?

How many times 20 goals in a year?

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=36977

Big Nik is an UFA after this season with 3 playoff points in 28 games

Deadline moves will be centered on players who have done some damage in the playoffs--Nik has done none

for the record

Smythe has 52pts in 81 playoff games
has scored 30+ goals 4 times
20goals + 8 times

BigNik has scored more then 20 once

I consider that a BIG difference

and no GM has run Smyth out of town like Burke is doing with BIGNIK
Listen, this has been discussed ad nauseam. I predict he gets a 1st rounder (or something of similar value), and we'll see who's right come March. What do you think he'll get then?

Also, you are fully aware that Antropov has just broken out in the past two years. His past playoff experience was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines (i.e., a defensive role.. which is something else that he brings to the plate). Comparing Antropov and Smyth is NOT a joke. In the past three seasons Smyth has 147 points (179 games) and Antropov has 127 (179 games).

Also in 2007, Guerin was traded for 1st rounder, Ville Nieminen and Jay Barribal. He finished the season with 56 points (and the season before with 40 points).

I guess we'll see.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
  #107
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
you'd have to be a leaf fan or stupid to actually believe antro = smyth
I didn't say Antro = Smyth. The argument is that Smyth's value is roughly 2 prospects higher than Antropov. Thus, Antropov should get a 1st rounder.

Read carefully next time.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
  #108
JT 91 NYI*
 
JT 91 NYI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
for the most part i could see these deals happening except that's tad bit of and overpayment for park
I don't know. Park is pretty good and players like him are hard to come by so I could see a little bidding war for him. Low salary, complete player. Can kill penalties and play on the power play. Having a good year.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
  #109
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Listen, this has been discussed ad nauseam. I predict he gets a 1st rounder (or something of similar value), and we'll see who's right come March. What do you think he'll get then?

Also, you are fully aware that Antropov has just broken out in the past two years. His past playoff experience was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines (i.e., a defensive role.. which is something else that he brings to the plate). Comparing Antropov and Smyth is NOT a joke. In the past three seasons Smyth has 147 points (179 games) and Antropov has 127 (179 games).

Also in 2007, Guerin was traded for 1st rounder, Ville Nieminen and Jay Barribal. He finished the season with 56 points (and the season before with 40 points).

I guess we'll see.
every player starts off as a 4th liner unless ur a crosby or something like that. Smyth brought leadership and playoff experince from just coming a couple of goals away from winning the cup

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
  #110
hyperboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
I don't know. Park is pretty good and players like him are hard to come by so I could see a little bidding war for him. Low salary, complete player. Can kill penalties and play on the power play. Having a good year.
i could see a still to be deteremined guy like schrempp for him happening

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
  #111
ReimMinister93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
what about antropov, toskala, and dideminico to ottawa for gerber and spezza. that way with gerber, the leafs are bound to do bad then get a good pick. We can always get a new goalie in the offseason or if they really want to call up pogge to be number 1... and plus spezza is struggling in ottawa

ReimMinister93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
  #112
Bullet Tooth Tony
Registered User
 
Bullet Tooth Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsgetanewgoalie View Post
what about antropov, toskala, and dideminico to ottawa for gerber and spezza. that way with gerber, the leafs are bound to do bad then get a good pick. We can always get a new goalie in the offseason or if they really want to call up pogge to be number 1... and plus spezza is struggling in ottawa
To put it kindly, the Senators could get a better deal for Spezza.

Bullet Tooth Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
  #113
ReimMinister93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth Tony View Post
To put it kindly, the Senators could get a better deal for Spezza.
Your probably right, but the leafs could also add players in like tlusty or kubina... im not sure why but i think toskala will end up in ottawa

ReimMinister93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
  #114
Bullet Tooth Tony
Registered User
 
Bullet Tooth Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsgetanewgoalie View Post
Your probably right, but the leafs could also add players in like tlusty or kubina... im not sure why but i think toskala will end up in ottawa
Again, I don't see the Sens being interested in Kubina. I don't know whether or not the illustrious Bryan Murray plans to implode the current squad and start from scratch or simply tinker, but I think even he is stupid enough to take on Kubina and that relative albatross contract.

Considering they are two teams that are on similiar paths, I really don't think the two teams are good trading partners. Did I mention they are in the same division?

Spezza, if he gets moved, ends up somewhere like LA (as rumored) or a contending team. However, I think he's more likely to get moved on draft day due to his relative lack of a playoff resume and the fact that the Sens seem to still be evaluating both their players and direction they want to take as a club.

I honestly feel that this will be a relatively quiet deadline... not unlike seven some odd years ago when around a dozen notable deadline deals were made. There aren't many sellers, and a lot of teams are in relative limbo due to cap issues, money concerns or their playoff positioning. I don't see Bouwmeester, Kaberle, Cole, et al getting new homes. I do see guys like Tkachuk or Weight or Peca finding new homes, but even those aren't slam dunks. It's just a really tight playoff race, and there are so many other extenuating circumstances that will make it hard for many deals to get done.

Bullet Tooth Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
  #115
AirheadPete
G-Dub
 
AirheadPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Buffalo acquires one of Guerin or Cole before Vanek returns from injury
im feeling either guerin or weight to buffalo

AirheadPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
  #116
TheSpecialist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
With Fernando Pisani and Sergei Gonchar coming back from injuries on their respective teams I can see a move like this being talked about right now.

To Pittsburgh: RW Eric Cole

To Edmonton: D Rob Scuderi & Conditional pick for 2009 or 2010

TheSpecialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
  #117
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
To TOR: Chris Higgins, Ryan O'Byrne, Kyle Chipchura, 2nd round pick
To MTL: Tomas Kaberle, Nik Antropov

To EDM: Antoine Vermette, Chris Neil
To OTT: Kyle Brodziak, Rob Schremp, Zach Stortini, 2nd round pick

To CGY: Bill Guerin
To NYI: 2nd round pick


To MTL: Tom Preissing
To LAK: Mathieu Dandenault, 3rd round pick
That is the only trade that makes sense, the others are jokes.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
  #118
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,187
vCash: 500
take doug weight off the trade deadline potential target. out 6 weeks with knee injury.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
  #119
catters078
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Florida keeps Bouwmeester, make the playoffs, lose to the Bruins in the first round, and he leaves as a UFA in the offseason.

Toronto largely stands pat, keeping Kaberle and dealing only secondary players for second and third rounders.

San Jose stands pat and, true to form, bows out in the second round, once more to Dallas.

Anaheim opts to retain Pronger, and trades Niedermayer.

New Jersey deals a first rounder and a prospect for Scott Niedermayer, defeats Boston in the conference finals and Detroit in the Finals to win the Stanley Cup.
So youve called the final 4??

New Jersey V Boston

Dallas V Detroit

From a Dallas fan...i am verrrry happy with that

might be a bit of a longshot though

where will bouwmeester sign...?

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 04:16 AM
  #120
C-A-P-S
Registered User
 
C-A-P-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
Toronto trades Antropov to Columbus for a 2nd
Islanders trade Witt to Philadelphia for a 2nd
J-Bo stays with Panthers and make playoffs

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 04:32 AM
  #121
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialist View Post
With Fernando Pisani and Sergei Gonchar coming back from injuries on their respective teams I can see a move like this being talked about right now.

To Pittsburgh: RW Eric Cole

To Edmonton: D Rob Scuderi & Conditional pick for 2009 or 2010
Conditional which pick ?
We'd much prefer dealing you Boucher, Eaton or Gill compared to Scuderi (not saying it couldn't happen if that's the breaker) because Pens will try to re-sign him, and you're not getting our first no matter if he signs or not. Cannot go Hossa again with our (lack of) prospect depth.

Would love to get Cole though, and he's likely one Pens will target in the off season if he doesn't still hate Orpik's guts.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 04:53 AM
  #122
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 18,881
vCash: 500
To NJ: Jordan Leopold
To COL: Nicklas Bergfors + 3rd round pick

or

To NJ: Scott Niedermayer
To ANA: Matthew Corrente and 2009 1st Round Pick

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:53 AM
  #123
The Lehner
#LehnerTime
 
The Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
From a Senators perspective, I don't see any of Heatley, Spezza or Alfredsson getting moved before the deadline.

I think Murray will focus on getting maximum value for Kuba, Neil and McAmmond. I suspect Kuba will bring back a 2nd rounder and a good prospect, Neil a 2nd rounder (or perhaps a 3rd and a prospect), and McAmmond maybe a 5th rounder. Schubert could also be shipped out for a pick.

I think the Sens would love to the contracts of Jason Smith ($2.6M) and maybe Chris Kelly ($2.125M), but I don't see any takers.

I could also see a Vermette-Barker swap as discussed earlier in this thread by a few posters. It think it makes sense for both Ottawa (need puck-moving d-men) and Chicago (who need a 2nd line centre).

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
  #124
MikeC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
you'd have to be a leaf fan or stupid to actually believe antro = smyth
i vote for stupid and leaf fan,

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
  #125
freshhhhhh84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Kubina to the Devils for Bergfors and mid round pick

Kaberle and Poni to Vancouver for Salo, Raymond, Jansenn

freshhhhhh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.