HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recap of Prucha signing with q&A

Old
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think there's legitimate arguements for Renney and for Prucha but in the end, Renney's the coach and Prucha's the odd man out. If we're going to demand Renney get fired at the end of the season, first, hopefully that demand is a result of the team's record and not how one treated was treated, and two, he would've made all the decisions and if he decides that Prucha's not part of his equation, the equation that puts his coaching butt and reputation on the line, then so be it. And I'm glad Prucha's stronger than most here. Sounds like Prucha shows up to work with a smile on his face and works hard every day. Doesn't sound like a guy looking for pity, and as I mentioned, so long as that's his actions during this time, I'm sure someone will take him in the offseason and he will have another chance to prove he belongs in the NHL. Of course, it will be for something less than $1MM, but I'm willing to be he's afforded the chance (heck, Sather signed Rissmiller to $1MM - there has to be a market out there for Prucha).
I certainly agree with most of your post. Renney is the coach of the team, he sees what happens in practice, in the room, on the plane and bus, and every little detail that may or may not get weighed when deciding who to play. In that sense, you usually give the coach the benefit of the doubt when he decides to sit someone.

But to me, this looks like a classic case of Prucha being a grudge-sitting. The team needs goals, yet Voros sees time over Prucha? Dawes too? It seems fishy.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
BleedBlue4491

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I certainly agree with most of your post. Renney is the coach of the team, he sees what happens in practice, in the room, on the plane and bus, and every little detail that may or may not get weighed when deciding who to play. In that sense, you usually give the coach the benefit of the doubt when he decides to sit someone.

But to me, this looks like a classic case of Prucha being a grudge-sitting. The team needs goals, yet Voros sees time over Prucha? Dawes too? It seems fishy.
I honestly can understand Dawes being in. He's been pretty good this year. I just wish that there would be punishment for players who make big mistakes that end up being goals (Gomez)... They don't even get benched for one shift. Prucha comes in and has a pretty decent scoring streak, and he gets benched? It just confuses me. It has to be a grudge.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote