HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demers on Kovalev

Old
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i have dealt with you in the past and yes u admitted to being a Nords fan, thus the hate for Demers.
I've been a Habs fan since I was a kid, even when my teacher had stopped the class for a day just because Peter Stastny had scored the goal in overtime against Steve Penney. The teacher played the goal he had tapped over and over during the whole day. It was a nightmare for me who was the only Habs fan in my class.

Anyway why am I arguing with a troll?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I mostly agree but i would use the word "competent" i would say useless. I cannot say he's not competent.

Seriously we need Pat Burns and Dany Dubé to hold a tv show together, that would be pure hockey knowledge. I'd like to see them both have a chat on CKAC someday.
i think Pat will be busy fighting this new battle with the big C word.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I mostly agree but i would use the word "competent" i would say useless. I cannot say he's not competent.

Seriously we need Pat Burns and Dany Dubé to hold a tv show together, that would be pure hockey knowledge. I'd like to see them both have a chat on CKAC someday.
I agree with you. Useless is a most appropriate word.

A show with Burns and Dubé would be heaven.

But hey RDS needs new blood and an overall change from top to bottom.

Old
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i think Pat will be busy fighting this new battle with the big C word.
He is still scouting and do his daily 45 minutes intervention on CKAC. But yeah i realy wish he wins his fight, he's the guy i respect the most in the media.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If he has such hockey knowledge why does he brings up the same points that my senile old uncle always bring? Great hockey minds usualy bring up interesting new insight about the game, things the average hockey fan wouldn't know.
Maybe it just flies over your head?

Seriously, he's been around hockey, around the NHL for so many years, coach of the year, Stanley Cup champion... It pisses me off when people can't respect others, especially when sitting behind a keyboard.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Anyone heard that on CKAC (4pm)? Villeuve reported that Demers thinks the coach personel is pissed with Kovalev(Ils en ont plein leur'casse avec Kovalev).

Discuss.
In other news, the sky is blue.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
HotHabsFan*

hes back !!!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Maybe it just flies over your head?

Seriously, he's been around hockey, around the NHL for so many years, coach of the year, Stanley Cup champion... It pisses me off when people can't respect others, especially when sitting behind a keyboard.
I agree that he shouldn't be disrespected. But the guy is unwatchable(to me).

Old
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
neofury*

I want us to fire carbonneau and hire demers.

Honestly what were they thinking, this guy is such a streaky coach. One month he's a damn fine example of what good coaching is, the next month he's a perfect example of the worlds ********* coach. He's inconsistent as a coach, so how can you expect players of an inconsistent coach to be or stay consistent?

I realize we have injuries and all, but how about sticking to the same lines for more then 3 games, you know, allow your team to build up a thing called chemistry? Again I realize we have had injuries but give me a break keep the lines consistent as possible stop shifting them around all over the place. Maybe the players you are punishing are playing like **** because you don't let them gain any chemistry with their line mates. The funny part is the only player who I feel deserves to be demoted to the 4th line and has deserved it all season isn't being demoted, and he's likely the main reason Kovy/Kosty are playing like total garbage. That player is Plekanec. I'd rather Kovy/Kosty have lapierre on that line, at least he's willing to dig for the puck, is fast, plays with a lot of grit and heart. Plekanec is just a ***** this year. He goes in with the puck, wastes the play by shooting it, wastes the play by over-playing the puck and losing it, wastes the play by going in deep with the puck and just losing it right away, he's a soft player, he's a ***** and he's been playing like complete and total garbage. I'd have him on the 4th line and I'd give Lapierre the chance to do something here, heck even bring up Chipchura, there are FAR more deserving players even at the AHL level then Plekanec who has been complete garbage, looks like he is playing without a soul out there without any heart or any dedication to the game. He's an embarrassment to hockey players in general and yet HES THE ONE they keep playing with kovalev/kosty? And they keep demoting everyone BUT him.

How about demoting the player who deserves it the most in Plekanec. He's been absolutely awful. There are some players who have been worse in terms of production but at least they don't waste the play 9/10 times. Lately Laraque has even been better offensively then Plek. At least he keeps control of the puck and doesn't waste numerous plays, waste control of the zone numerous times a game. It's very demoralizing as an elite player in the NHL like Kovalev or a young star like Kostitsyn to have your ******** linemate who you are forced time and time again to have centering your line, cough up the puck repeatedly, not try at all, be soft and never play physically, never even try to keep the puck and basically turn this game of hockey into a race to see who can go up and down the ice the fastest all the while having no offensive chances.

Sorry but it's a real pissoff. Players like S. Kost being sat out while douches like Plek waste our time and stay on the 2nd line. To me that sets a bad example for your team. I don't care if we don't have depth at C, put somebody else at C like Lapierre/Chipchura and put Pleks on the 4th line until he shows he can actually be of some use.

Seriously at this point I would TRY S.Kost at center cause that is how down right BAD plekanec has been.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Anyone heard that on CKAC (4pm)? Villeuve reported that Demers thinks the coach personel is pissed with Kovalev(Ils en ont plein leur'casse avec Kovalev).

Discuss.
Last night, he named 4 or 5 players who he said shy aways from contact. He said the he did not cared about their origin but some will question this. I believe him cause I saw all the games this year and this has been happening all season long.
He named Kovy(I agree for most part)Plekanec, Kostitsyn brothers. Let's just say that he forgot Laraque. But IMO, he pointed these guys cause he know that if we are gonna win, these guys have to be part of it.
It's a team that has lost all coordination out there it's ridicule. Main reason is that they started the season with to much confident. They should had stayed humble about it. So now they are left chasing their tail. This is bad for a team, real bad.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM
couz

He's probably right...he knows Carbo and Muller quite well and I'm sure talks with them.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM
ToysInTheAttic

I agree with Demers regarding Kovalev. Read my new sig for Kovalevs comments after the players only meeting last night, post-game. Koivu and Komisarek came out saying things like we lack passion and desire in our game, we need to address this problem and we need to fix it. Not Kovy, he is above the team.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That's original.

Demers is such a progressive thinker.

LOL...visionary, like son defenseur with the raised eyebrows who prefaces any analysis with "I don't have any answers"

oh, and I actually love Demers

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Well it would only be normal. In his 4 years with the Habs, he's been good for only one season in addition of a few weeks here and there. Kovy is done in Montreal...he can't turned things around at this point.
why do people say his 05/06 season was bad? I just don't get it. He was our best player by a fair margin that season.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
why do people say his 05/06 season was bad? I just don't get it. He was our best player by a fair margin that season.
65pts in 69games, terrible

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Well it would only be normal. In his 4 years with the Habs, he's been good for only one season in addition of a few weeks here and there. Kovy is done in Montreal...he can't turned things around at this point.
Actually, Kovalev has been very good for 2 seasons out of 3.5 (since this one is not done yet).

65 pts in 69 games in 05-06, how quick people forget.

Anyways he made the only good play for the habs all game long against Calgary, so thats a positive.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
65pts in 69games, terrible
Where the hell is that this year?

Old
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Where the hell is that this year?
In the same place as the rest of the guys' production from last year.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
In the same place as the rest of the guys' production from last year.
Coincidence? Demers, who's connected with the team, most particularly to our coaching staff, doesn't see to think so.

Old
02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Coincidence?
lol. Ok, ok it's all Kovalev's fault. Hockey teams are only going to succeed with one guy leading the way and the lemmings following suit.

Doesn't seem to register with you that the ENTIRE team is playing like crap so there really is no point in discussing this any further.

Demers didn't say the team's slump is Kovalev's fault. He would never single out a guy like that. He'll say a guy can do more, and that I agree with. Kovalev and all 22 guys (except maybe guys like Lapierre and Paciorrety right now) can do more. But to single him out for being the reason for this slump is just twisting a situation to back up a personal opinion on a player you've had for years. Has nothing to do with a team concept.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
lol. Ok, ok it's all Kovalev's fault. Hockey teams are only going to succeed with one guy leading the way and the lemmings following suit.

Doesn't seem to register with you that the ENTIRE team is playing like crap so there really is no point in discussing this any further.

Demers didn't say the team's slump is Kovalev's fault. He would never single out a guy like that. He'll say a guy can do more, and that I agree with. Kovalev and all 22 guys (except maybe guys like Lapierre and Paciorrety right now) can do more. But to single him out for being the reason for this slump is just twisting a situation to back up a personal opinion on a player you've had for years. Has nothing to do with a team concept.
I am absolutely not singling out Kovalev to explain the slump we're in. Injuries to key players, other players not having a good season and to some extend, coaching, have all contributed.

But just as Kovalev was a huge part of our success last season, he's equally a huge part of our lack of success this year. If he was having a season like he had 3 years ago or last year, I doubt that we'd be having this discussion. Kovalev made the PP what it was, not Streit, not Souray (although his booming shot played a huge role). He's making piss-poor decisions with the puck and plays disinterested.

Again, if Demers, who's very well connected with the team, comes out and says it, I know for a fact that he's not making it up!

Old
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
You probably forgot a couple of coughs in between that sentence... But I would have to agree... unless he's injured (who knows), his play is totally unacceptable lately...
i literally laughed out loud lol

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Anyways he made the only good play for the habs all game long against Calgary, so thats a positive.
Right, so Plekanec actually finishing the one-timer, and D'Agostini scoring another goal weren't good plays. Only Kovalev does good.

Quote:

Right. But it also occurs to me that the other side of the coin applies. To deny that Kovalev is a reason for the slump is irrational. He's one of many underachievers, yes, I agree... but he's definitely underachieving. The real reason for people disliking Kovalev's play is because he's being asked to do too much - he gets the minutes like he can lead the way for his teammates, but he can't.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Then why do they keep playing him 22 minutes a game.
The Kovy-Plex-AKost line is also a mystery to me. Why they constantly bring back Kovalev with two players that don't produce at all with him this season and that clearly look better when separated from him. Kovalev is sensibly the same whoever he plays with.

Some ideas:

-They want to teach Plex and AKost to produce with everyone they play with? They feel that they'll live and die with this line if they want to have a chance this season? I have trouble with this because total point production for the team is higher when Kovalev is not playing with one or both, and Carbo wants to win...

-Even if Plex and AKost are invisible, Gainey feels that Kovalev is marginally better when playing with those two players? This combined with giving him top playing time despite his recent performances might mean they're advertising him ? Only logical explanation to me. Maybe someone else can find a better idea...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Right, so Plekanec actually finishing the one-timer, and D'Agostini scoring another goal weren't good plays. Only Kovalev does good.
Pleks had an open net, didnt need to do much there. Only an idiot (or Higgins) woulda missed.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote