HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Speculation: Habs making package deal? Bulldogs recall 2 from ECHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
  #1
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Trade Speculation: Habs making package deal? Bulldogs recall 2 from ECHL

Could the Habs be making a move in the trade department and getting Hamilton ready with some players before some prospects are packaged?

Let's speculate and ponder.

Link; http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...calls-st-denis

Or maybe Chip and Maxwell getting a recall or Weber?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
  #2
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
COMMAND BOB BOB BOB BOB BOB

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
  #3
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,964
vCash: 500
Carle and Belle are hurt.

Occam's razor.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
  #4
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Could the Habs be making a move in the trade department and getting Hamilton ready with soome players before some prospects are packaged?

Let's speculate and ponder.

Link; http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...calls-st-denis
No, Hamilton has been playing with 17 players instead of 18 due to injuries. Conboy is eligible to play tomorrow but I'm guessing Lever might want to give him more time in pratice to see what he can do. They can put Henry and Anderson up front, as they have in the past, putting one of Wyman/St-Denis in on the blueline.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
  #5
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Could the Habs be making a move in the trade department and getting Hamilton ready with some players before some prospects are packaged?

Let's speculate and ponder.

Link; http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...calls-st-denis

Or maybe Chip and Maxwell getting a recall or Weber?

injuries in Hamilton maybe ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
  #6
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
No, Hamilton has been playing with 17 players instead of 18 due to injuries. Conboy is eligible to play tomorrow but I'm guessing Lever might want to give him more time in pratice to see what he can do. They can put Henry and Anderson up front, as they have in the past, putting one of Wyman/St-Denis in on the blueline.
Does that include the recent Player Try Out contract signed by Kinasewich?

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...ewich-to-p-t-o

Montreal you rained on my parade!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
  #7
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Does that include the recent Player Try Out contract signed by Kinasewich?

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...ewich-to-p-t-o

Montreal you rained on my parade!
Hamilton injuries, Beauregard and Olivier Latendresse ar out of the season, Flinn is day to day, Belle had a knee on knee hit and is having an MRI done, he's not on the road trip so I'm guessing he'll be out for at least a little while. Carle is said to be injured but is on the trip and is listed as day to day.

Kinasewich, Conboy, Wyman and St-Denis give the Dogs 19 players, so one extra body unless Carle can go and or Flinn.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
  #8
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Hamilton injuries, Beauregard and Olivier Latendresse ar out of the season, Flinn is day to day, Belle had a knee on knee hit and is having an MRI done, he's not on the road trip so I'm guessing he'll be out for at least a little while. Carle is said to be injured but is on the trip and is listed as day to day.

Kinasewich, Conboy, Wyman and St-Denis give the Dogs 19 players, so one extra body unless Carle can go and or Flinn.
Suspended right?

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
  #9
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
ya, i heard they're making gloves for Hossa.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
  #10
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
ya, i heard they're making gloves for Hossa.
Marcell's coming back from the KHL!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
  #11
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
They are making space for the return of Pierre Dagenais who will be shortly signed by Gainey(yes he will do something)

Then he comes up to Montreal and solves all our pp problems

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
  #12
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Suspended right?
Why would he be? That is the NCAA not the AHL.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
  #13
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
ya, i heard they're making gloves for Hossa.
According to the Trade Rumors board the Oilers are making some for Jagr.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
  #14
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
According to the Trade Rumors board the Oilers are making some for Jagr.
With our luck he signs and plays tomorrow and gets 4 goals!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
  #15
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Suspended right?
They didn't suspend him, the AHL chose to make him ineligible for 10 days or so, I guess to honor his NCAA suspension, which would have been 10 regular season games plus playoffs. Conboy can dress tomorrow night.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
  #16
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Why would he be? That is the NCAA not the AHL.
AHL made him unavailable for the time being to honor the suspension..

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
  #17
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
They didn't suspend him, the AHL chose to make him ineligible for 10 days or so, I guess to honor his NCAA suspension, which would have been 10 regular season games plus playoffs. Conboy can dress tomorrow night.
I guess that gives us one extra man

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
  #18
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Apparently Montreal Canadiens practice today was canceled. Not sure why.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
  #19
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Carbo is going to give an explanation of why he canacelled practice from the hotel Lobby later today


Trade?

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
  #20
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Carbo is going to give an explanation of why he canacelled practice from the hotel Lobby later today


Trade?
Why would you cancel a practice if there was a trade? Heh

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
  #21
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Carbo is going to give an explanation of why he canacelled practice from the hotel Lobby later today


Trade?
That explanation would come from Gainey, not Carbonneau.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  #22
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
That explanation would come from Gainey, not Carbonneau.

I'm sure it's a bonding retreat, but if Gainey held a press conference before this hotel lobby explanation it could be a trade.

But thanks for the heads up on how it all goes down.....

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.