HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines at Practice

Old
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
i like the lines considering. Dubi and Cally will be good together, and it has taken Renney far too long to put them together. Korpi and Sjo will be fine with their skating ability on that line. Not bad, we will se against a strong NJ team tonight.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Just reek of cluelessness and desperation.

Chris Drury-Scott Gomez-Markus Naslund

Fredrik Sjostrom-Nigel Dawes-Lauri Korpikoski

Ryan Callahan-Brandon Dubinsky-Nikolai Zherdev

Colton Orr-Blair Betts-Aaron Voros

What Z did to be sent to the 3rd line is beyond me. And we also need to try Drury and Gomez together again?

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...s-at-practice/
Does this mean we'll see a 3 line rotation coming from Renney again like he did in Atlanta? I can't wait to see that Betts Voros Orr line every 3rd shift.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Fletch

no matter what the lines are, if they don't come out and play desperate hockey tonight, it will say a lot about the character of this team.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
yes, lets take out our frustration on the only line that does its job, great idea.
Oh, I know there are huge problems on this team, particularly the lack of offense from the top lines and the entire team..but Renney's use of Sjostrom (and Orr) in the face of an anemic offense just typiifies Renney's miscalculations...

And hey if you think 6 points in over 50 games while averaging about 14 minuts, as well as a -13 over the past few months is doing his job, you have very low expectations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
That is because he has been playing with Betts and Orr forever...When he was in Phoenix and he was playing with Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata, that line was producing, especially Freddie. Hell, when the Yotes cam two years ago, that line burned the Rangers. Sjo has the offensive abilities...he is just always been stuck on 4th lines. He has offensive skills he just needs a chance to show them.

No one...and I mean no one is going to be an offensive player with Blair Betts and Colton Orr.
No offense, but that is a load of crap.. before he came over from Pheonix, he was scorless in about 20-25 games..continued the same with the Rangers last year and has been totally worhtless this year at ES....9 POINTS in FREAKIN GAMES! And, Renney gives him 12-15 minutes a nights on alot of occasions, plays him with alot of different players (while Orr ge 4-6 minutes) and gets nothing from him no matter who he plays with...

Bottom line is Fred SJostrom may be the least productivie player in the entire NHL when it comes to points per ice time.....yes, he should play alot og nights becasue of his PK ability buthe shgould occasionally sit becasue he brings nothing else.(ditto for Orr and fighting other goons)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
no matter what the lines are, if they don't come out and play desperate hockey tonight, it will say a lot about the character of this team.
Yeah like they have had enough of this guy.

You have to have people believe in you to succeed on a team. The players need to believe in Tom.

I don't think everyone is still buying into his talk....and you can only hold people back so long before they either stagnate or rebel.

I rather them lose games and fly, and be entertaining rather than play back and make the games 1-2 goal games.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Oh, I know there are huge problems on this team, particularly the lack of offense from the top lines and the entire team..but Renney's use of Sjostrom (and Orr) in the face of an anemic offense just typiifies Renney's miscalculations...

And hey if you think 6 points in over 50 games while averaging about 14 minuts, as well as a -13 over the past few months is doing his job, you have very low expectations...

No offense, but that is a load of crap.. before he came over from Pheonix, he was scorless in about 20-25 games..continued the same with the Rangers last year and has been totally worhtless this year at ES....9 POINTS in FREAKIN GAMES! And, Renney gives him 12-15 minutes a nights on alot of occasions, plays him with alot of different players (while Orr ge 4-6 minutes) and gets nothing from him no matter who he plays with...

Bottom line is Fred SJostrom may be the least productivie player in the entire NHL when it comes to points per ice time.....yes, he should play alot og nights becasue of his PK ability buthe shgould occasionally sit becasue he brings nothing else.(ditto for Orr and fighting other goons)
Orr averages like 6 minutes a game. I've never seen Sjostrom outside of the 4th line other than a couple of games. He has more minutes because Renney sometimes double shifts players like Zherdev on the 4th line. He also kills penalties. Renney uses Sjo and Orr fine, maybe he should consider keeping Orr out and Voros in on the 4th line every once in awhile but that's my only complaint. Anything else is just sipping on the Renney haterade and being very over critical of him.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
AXN

Not one goal against the Devils.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

The top line was great....

.... LOL

Ok, they all sucked... but they were the worst IMO.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:03 PM
storm fan

in practice this week renny had Z, Brandon, and Cally together and this was projected to be the second line. At the last minute before the start of the game, he takes Cally off that line and puts in Dawes. Why practice a line all week and then change it? Clueless or is there some reasonable explanation for it?

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan View Post
in practice this week renny had Z, Brandon, and Cally together and this was projected to be the second line. At the last minute before the start of the game, he takes Cally off that line and puts in Dawes. Why practice a line all week and then change it? Clueless or is there some reasonable explanation for it?
Lack of confidence in himself. Second-guessing.

That's it. He's done as NYR coach. Too little confidence in own abilities.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:32 AM
NYReign

I don't know what goes through Renney's head ever but this is getting ridiculous. Why bother practicing with the new lines only to switch them up at the last minutes with no results? And honestly what does Voros have to do to lose ice time? He is still out there in the waning moments when we are desperately trying for a goal...he is about the last guy I'd expect to provide it. Please let me wake up to the news of Renney's demotion/firing/anything that yields another coach not named Perry Pearn

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Here we go again...

Quote:
New lines, folks. Chris Drury, Ryan Callahan and Lauri Korpikoski; Nigel Dawes, Scott Gomez and Markus Naslund; Brandon Dubinsky, Nikolai Zherdev, Aaron Voros/Petr Prucha; and Fredrik Sjostrom, Blair Betts and Colton Orr.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...d-to-hartford/

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I like these lines...not sure why anybody would complain about renney changing the lines again...the guy is trying to figure how to get things back on track...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Anderson

If the goal was propped up about 6-7 feet, Drury would be a great goal scorer.

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

This ever constant line changing is getting to a point where it reeks of desperation.

I've never seen a coach with so much indecisiveness and lack of confidence. Hes trying to build a perfect combination that doesnt exist when all he should do is stick to the basics.

Wow...

Read that sentence and tell me it doesn't sound EXACTLY like the way the Rangers play.

hmmm.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Fletch

I'm not sure I'll like the lines until Renney goes with Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev for 5-6 straight games. I understand balance, but I also wouldn't mind seeing this team's best goal scorer (Naslund) playing with this team's best playmaker (Zherdev). I was a little disappointed watching the Atlanta game in which Zherdev was all over the place - setting up guys left and right - and he really had noone to setup as Dubi, who I happen to like a lot, is not the goal scorer with whom Zherdev should be playing. It's about balance for Renney; it's about not getting the best out of certain players for me. So to me, the line combos start at the top and bottom (Sjo-Betts-Orr or Dawes-Betts-Sjo or Voros-Betts-Sjo - any combo is fine - all have different looks). The in between doesn't matter much so long as there aren't three guys under 6' on one line (and for reference, Prucha is 5'11 in this argument).

Old
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Remember when Prucha - Drury - Dawes was working for like 5 games and then Renney broke it up?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
mattyd99

Voros gets to play with players of skill again. I guess Renney doesn't want to score goals.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOnEs516 View Post
I dunno if anyone read the rest of that practice post...it sure sounds like some of the players are singning a different tune in regards to Avery
First off. I don't see Avery being talked about on this thread.
Secondly what practice post. I can't find it. Do you have a link or anything. I've actually tried a few myself. I don't know what you mean by that. Can you be more clear?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Fletch

PruBlue...

I have to be honest; that line seemed to work for about 3 games and then was on a steady decline. Last season that line was horrible. If I was Renney, first I wouldn't put that line together and second, I would've broken it up no later than when he did. Does that mean I would've benched Prucha? That's another story off the point.