HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad May Unloads on Carbo

Old
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
BlancHabs

vCash: 500
does anyone know Laraque's or Carboneau's reaction to this statement?

BlancHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
This isn't the first time Carbo's been called out for this.
For what, sending his 4th line enforcer out to line up against the other team's 4th line enforcer? It's been done by every coach since the enforcer became a part of hockey. Brad May has lined up many times in his career with exactly the same intention that BGL had on Saturday night.

Anybody who thinks this was invented by Carbonneau or is an indictment of his coaching ethics needs their toolbox re-aligned. It's been part of hockey for almost 40 years. Brad May was just on the wrong end of it this time, hopefully he gets over it.

Carbo N8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
smon

Didn't see Francis Bouillon crying to the media about Ron Wilson after May trounced him.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=489504
Just saying, it's not the first time.
So, because Laraque was given a specific assignment for a game it's wrong, because Julien mentions it? He shadowed him, asked him to go on a couple of occasions, Lucic refused and Laraque basically took Lucic off his game pretty much. How does that justify anybody 'calling Carbo out'? No fight happened, Laraque didn't jump him.

Was Grapes responsible every time Wensink, O'Reilly or Jonathan went looking for some action during a game?

Old
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
So, because Laraque was given a specific assignment for a game it's wrong, because Julien mentions it? He shadowed him, asked him to go on a couple of occasions, Lucic refused and Laraque basically took Lucic off his game pretty much. How does that justify anybody 'calling Carbo out'? No fight happened, Laraque didn't jump him.

Was Grapes responsible every time Wensink, O'Reilly or Jonathan went looking for some action during a game?
After the game laraque said he had no instruction from Carbo, but he knew what he had to do when he was sent on face off and presence always at the same time than Lucy.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Agree completely. I'd only add that Julien isn't the only one talking now.
Ok, back to Brad May with this, he is hardly someone who I would consider to have a credible opinion on the subject. His whole whiny interview was embarrassing as far as I'm concerned.

Old
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Bullsmith

Julien's comments make total sense and are an effective dig at Carbo. May on the other hand has never been 1/4 the talent Lucic is, much less in a position to critique coaches. He's a vet, yes. He's probably good at assessing the game, yes. But he said this about Carbo not understanding the game AFTER HE DROPPED THE GLOVES WITH LARAQUE.

Carbo misusing Laraque aside, May made a complete ass of himself by whining about the code after losing a fight in a game his team won by blowout. What is he saying by blaming Carbo? That there's no place in the game for guys like Brad May? Of course he was going to have to fight Laraque. A six year old could figure that out going into Saturday night. Or does May think he's there to help his team with his puck skills?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
David

I can't believe that people are actually taking this article seriously...look who wrote it!

Howard Berger!

This is the same joker and a (Leaf homer) disguised as a hockey reporter who used to get singled out and chewed out by Pat Quinn during Leaf press conferences when he was coaching in Toronto because of his idiotic questions and low brow antics!

This article really isn't about May but more about the clown Howard Berger. Just read his article and tell me it doesn't sound like a grade 7 kid wrote it!?!

At least Brad May had the guts to fight unlike some yeller belly chicken crap from Boston wearing #17.

In any regard, Howard Berger just needs to be ignored.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Attention everyone, A montreal Canadian was roughed up in a fight last time these 2 teams played. Now coming in from the Bullpen, The Lefty, BGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Laraque clearly said days before the game he didn't respect how Lucic reacted after the Komisarek fight. Carbo didn't tell him to go after, Laraque wanted to fight Lucic for what he did after the Komo bout.

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I can't believe that people are actually taking this article seriously...look who wrote it!

Howard Berger!

This is the same joker and a (Leaf homer) disguised as a hockey reporter who used to get singled out and chewed out by Pat Quinn during Leaf press conferences when he was coaching in Toronto because of his idiotic questions and low brow antics!

This article really isn't about May but more about the clown Howard Berger. Just read his article and tell me it doesn't sound like a grade 7 kid wrote it!?!

At least Brad May had the guts to fight unlike some yeller belly chicken crap from Boston wearing #17.

In any regard, Howard Berger just needs to be ignored.
LOL Berger isnt a Leafs Homer, he hates the Leafs. He's just an idiot.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
If I'm reading this right, the May the bounty hunter has a problem with Carbo sending out Laraque to fight. Then he proceeds to imply that this goes against the respect that should be shown to heavyweights and that Carbo doesn't understand this because he wasn't a fighter?

Does this mean that May has never, ever been sent out by one of his coaches to fight? I guess when he picked a fight against Bouillon, that was completely spontaneous. Even if the coach doesn't say "you go fight that guy", it's pretty well implied that a tough guy is going to fight, if the situation's right and he has a dance partner.

If coaches didn't send out heavyweights to fight guys like Laraque and May would be working at Burger King instead of playing in the NHL.

Correct in all respects.

In fact, May was sent out by Crawford along with Bertuzzi on the infamous shift in 2004. Gee, I don't think May was Bertuzzi's usual linemate back then.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysense* View Post
May was actually drafted 14th overall in the 1990 draft. He never lived up to his potential as a power-forward, but found a niche as a fighter. May, at least, had the potential that Laraque could only hope to have.

I can point out just as many dirty stick-works by Koivu (who I greatly respect as a player and person) or maybe point out other lesser evils by players like Kostitsyn who slew-footed Schenn earlier this season.
I can't figure out why this great poster got banned

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Ironic user-names are sometimes the funniest part of HFBoards, take "hockeysense" for example, his posts demonstrate the opposite of his user-name.

Brad May's not dirty, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
LOL yes I'm glad somebody pointed this out. If being a comedian makes you have good hockey sense, then this guy is a damn genius.

Old
02-10-2009, 08:52 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
2 games left and May will get it again,he better shut up!!

I am disappointed in Kostitsyn,no fight ,no emotions and honestly I think Grabovski would probably win the fight!!
I honestly hope that next games against Toronto May is mysteriously a healthy scratch cause he's too ***** to even face Laraque again.

Old
02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
For what, sending his 4th line enforcer out to line up against the other team's 4th line enforcer? It's been done by every coach since the enforcer became a part of hockey. Brad May has lined up many times in his career with exactly the same intention that BGL had on Saturday night.

Anybody who thinks this was invented by Carbonneau or is an indictment of his coaching ethics needs their toolbox re-aligned. It's been part of hockey for almost 40 years. Brad May was just on the wrong end of it this time, hopefully he gets over it.
Yeah I love it how these enforcers from 20 years ago try to show they're tough still these days against younger more beastly fighters like Georges and just get put to shame. May should retire before he gets two more ass beatings this season lol.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
MM425

I saw this and meant to post on it earlier but...

Dear Brad May,

Please shut up and be grateful that you're BFF with Brian Burke. You're a fringe NHL player who would have been out of the league YEARS ago if it wasn't for this fact.

Sincerely,
Me

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote