HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If You Could Get Rid of One Player...

View Poll Results: If You Could Get Rid of One Player...
Scott Gomez 19 11.59%
Chris Drury 18 10.98%
Wade Redden 108 65.85%
Marcus Naslund 1 0.61%
Aaron Voros 9 5.49%
Freddy Sjostrom 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Nik Zherdev 2 1.22%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Colton Orr 1 0.61%
Blair Betts 0 0%
Nigel Dawes 4 2.44%
I'm an apologist (None of the above) 2 1.22%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Are you quoting yourself saying you're an apologist or are you quoting someone else and rolling your proverbial "eyes" at them? I'm confused.
I'm saying it's a sneaky way of forcing someone into an answer. "I'm an apologist" is not synonymous with "none of the above".

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm saying it's a sneaky way of forcing someone into an answer. "I'm an apologist" is not synonymous with "none of the above".
No, you literally are an apologist for this team if you wouldn't want anyone on this list gone. Do you feel that way? If so, why? I would love your opinion on it. Honestly.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
No, you literally are an apologist for this team if you wouldn't want anyone on this list gone. Do you feel that way? If so, why? I would love your opinion on it. Honestly.
Thanks for prefacing your response with a "If you don't agree with me, you're exactly what I say you are" line.

Because it's not that simple. You axe a guy like Redden (who would be my pick) and where does that money go? Given Sather's track record with his check book, who's to say he doesn't throw an undeserving contract at another UFA like Antropov?

Frankly, the last thing I want to give Sather right now is more cap space.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Thanks for prefacing your response with a "If you don't agree with me, you're exactly what I say you are" line.

Because it's not that simple. You axe a guy like Redden (who would be my pick) and where does that money go? Given Sather's track record with his check book, who's to say he doesn't throw an undeserving contract at another UFA like Antropov?

Frankly, the last thing I want to give Sather right now is more cap space.
See, you're thinking too much past the issue. All I was asking in the first post was who would you get rid of if you could get rid of one of these guys... It had nothing to do with consequences afterwards. Obviously Sather would likely ruin it, as he signed these guys in the first place. But again, it's a simple question that wasn't meant to be anything more.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Redden and I don't think I need to say why.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
See, you're thinking too much past the issue. All I was asking in the first post was who would you get rid of if you could get rid of one of these guys... It had nothing to do with consequences afterwards. Obviously Sather would likely ruin it, as he signed these guys in the first place. But again, it's a simple question that wasn't meant to be anything more.
Well that's how I am. What's the point in ridding yourself of a player and his contract just for the hell of it? I can assure you that as they were answering this poll, the vast majority of posters were already plotting the manner in which they'd spend the newly available cap space.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
SPG

Redden.

Easy one.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

I like how the 2 people that voted Zherdev, are debbies fans lol

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Well that's how I am. What's the point in ridding yourself of a player and his contract just for the hell of it? I can assure you that as they were answering this poll, the vast majority of posters were already plotting the manner in which they'd spend the newly available cap space.
You're worried about Sather making a mistake with the money..I'm putting you in charge here. You make the decision. Obviously we're playing a little arm chair GM. You're taking it too seriously.

Old
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
You're worried about Sather making a mistake with the money..I'm putting you in charge here. You make the decision. Obviously we're playing a little arm chair GM. You're taking it too seriously.
You call say 'too seriously' and I say 'being practical'. Agree to disagree.

Old
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

this is a stupid post i would love to rid of more than half of this team, the post should be called who would you keep minus lundqvist rather than who would you get rid of. I could rant for hours about how i want nearly everyone gone. Ill tell you this much i would only keep Orr, Zherdev, Staal, Lundqvist, Dubi and Cally on this team

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethon2998 View Post
this is a stupid post i would love to rid of more than half of this team, the post should be called who would you keep minus lundqvist rather than who would you get rid of. I could rant for hours about how i want nearly everyone gone. Ill tell you this much i would only keep Orr, Zherdev, Staal, Lundqvist, Dubi and Cally on this team
It's almost like we're back to the days when the team couldn't make the playoffs and was filled with veterans and had gutted its farm system. Rosters of players nobody liked--in fact often hated. I would add Girardi, Mara, Valiquette and Korpikoski to your list. I would say that Betts, Prucha and Sjostrom usually give a good effort.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Section311

I voted Drury because he really is the one contract we are totally stuck due to his NTC and NMC. I would want redden gone more than Drury but if we had to we can just stick redden in the minors

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote