HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester to vancouver

Old
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Jay Bouwmeester to vancouver

What do you think canucks need to give up to get this guy.

here is my guess
1st round pick 2009 (16th range)
Top 4 Dman With contract still remaining for next year (edler, bieksa)
Decent Prospect (Raymond, Grabner) *Hodgson will NOT be traded*

Sounds right?

Thanks

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Joey Moss

Edler,1st,Grabner or Raymond sounds bout right.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Macke*

Raymond has zero trade value, people.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
Raymond is basically the canuck version of Matthew Lombardi.

People want speed, and raymond is a missle.

Old
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
goguls

probably a conditional pick as well if vancouver resigns

goguls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguls View Post
probably a conditional pick as well if vancouver resigns
You think this would be a good deal for florida as well?.

Honestly i don't see them getting much better for him. Unless some gm's are idiots and give 2 1st rounders.

Old
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Disagree. Raymond is exactly what teams will want.

Speed, youth, and potential.

Of course you have to add to that because Raymond might not reach his top-end potential.

But yeah Edler, 1st, Raymond gets it done.

02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
The Panthers want an offer centered around a top six forward, center preferably, a Dman prospect, and a high pick. So no, this offer doesnt do it for the Panthers. id rather Martin look into something from Philly in regards to the JVR rumors. The Nucks and Cats do not make good trading partners IMO. And besides, Bouw will be a Panther till at least the end of this season.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
False. He's obviously struggling now but he's young, very intelligent and still has top 6 potential. Blazing speed doesn't hurt.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Disagree. Raymond is exactly what teams will want.

Speed, youth, and potential.

Of course you have to add to that because Raymond might not reach his top-end potential.

But yeah Edler, 1st, Raymond gets it done.
For an unsigned Jay Bo, yes I can see that.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

Better hope to hell then that he re-signs or you're left with the monster egg on your face of losing two young roster players (assuming it's Raymond and not Grabner included in the deal) and a 1st round pick in a deep draft for 30-some odd games of J-Bo.

That and how bad does the defense look if Ohlund leaves in the off-season - as seems to be the way Vancouver and him are headed? Suddenly Vancouver loses a young stud blueliner and is left with a top four of Bieksa, Mitchell, Salo and O'Brien. Considering Mitchell is about the only consistently reliable blueliner in that group, that would make me a little nervous as a Canuck fan.

I'm all for making splashes in the trade market... I love playing armchair GM, keeper leagues and NHL '09 on PS3 as much as the next guy... but think about this... it's a pretty big risk. Please don't say that the Canucks could simply sign a free agent defenseman, because this is far from a guarantee.

Not to mention I really don't think Florida would trade Bouwmeester when they have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. They *need* a playoff berth... it would be a huge boost to their franchise... and suddenly Bouwmeester might get a slightly more optomistic view of the offer(s) they've put on the table.

Last edited by Bullet Tooth Tony: 02-10-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Bullet Tooth Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:01 PM
TrevorLinden16

Edler, 1st and Raymond? I might do that. he is unsigned though...

TrevorLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
The Panthers want an offer centered around a top six forward, center preferably, a Dman prospect, and a high pick. So no, this offer doesnt do it for the Panthers. id rather Martin look into something from Philly in regards to the JVR rumors. The Nucks and Cats do not make good trading partners IMO. And besides, Bouw will be a Panther till at least the end of this season.
Yet they've had two blockbusters already...

Philly will have cap problems if they go after J-Bo. They've already got their stud in Timmonen, as well as Briere with a NTC and Richards and Carter pretty much not going anywhere. Simon Gagne? Still i can see the Flyers being bold about making a move for J-Bo. But in the long run is he even an upgrade on JVR? Who knows...

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
crazycanuck

Campbell and a 7th gets Bernier and a 1st.
The reason why Bouwmeester has higher value would be his age, but... and hear me out from what I've heard Bouwmeester wants to test free agency, so wouldn't that negate at least some of the extra value he has in terms of trades?

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth Tony View Post
Not to mention I really don't think Florida trade Bouwmeester when they have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. They *need* a playoff berth... it would be a huge boost to their franchise... and suddenly Bouwmeester might get a slightly more optomistic view of the offer(s) they've put on the table.
Bingo. Since Jokinen left they've been going in the right direction.

But what about Nathan Horton? Apparently he wants out too.

Sedins and a 1st for J-Bo, Horton and a 2nd. Both picks conditional.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:17 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Campbell and a 7th gets Bernier and a 1st.
The reason why Bouwmeester has higher value would be his age, but... and hear me out from what I've heard Bouwmeester wants to test free agency, so wouldn't that negate at least some of the extra value he has in terms of trades?
I think everyone here agrees Campbell was worth more than what he was traded for.

Quote:
Better hope to hell then that he re-signs or you're left with the monster egg on your face of losing two young roster players (assuming it's Raymond and not Grabner included in the deal) and a 1st round pick in a deep draft for 30-some odd games of J-Bo.

That and how bad does the defense look if Ohlund leaves in the off-season - as seems to be the way Vancouver and him are headed? Suddenly Vancouver loses a young stud blueliner and is left with a top four of Bieksa, Mitchell, Salo and O'Brien. Considering Mitchell is about the only consistently reliable blueliner in that group, that would make me a little nervous as a Canuck fan.

I'm all for making splashes in the trade market... I love playing armchair GM, keeper leagues and NHL '09 on PS3 as much as the next guy... but think about this... it's a pretty big risk. Please don't say that the Canucks could simply sign a free agent defenseman, because this is far from a guarantee.

Not to mention I really don't think Florida would trade Bouwmeester when they have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. They *need* a playoff berth... it would be a huge boost to their franchise... and suddenly Bouwmeester might get a slightly more optomistic view of the offer(s) they've put on the table.
The OP asked what it would take. I'm not saying I would actually do that trade.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Caseman

Why would Vancouver want to hack an arm off for a rental?

Caseman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Jay-Bo is only going to cost as much as his salary when he goes to the highest bidder this off-season.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post

This would be tempting, very tempting as a Canuck fan. I've always liked Horton (and Bouwmeester) for that matter. But for all the fuss about glamorous, big-bodied power forwards and such, teams like Detroit have begun to shatter that mould. This isn't 1975, and you don't need to have Phil Esposito or the Broad Street Bullies to win games anymore. The Canucks should be able to get a deal done with the Sedins, and while not the glamorous game-breakers most fans covet, the Sedins have consistently finished with point-per-game seasons for several years now. And that's with relative garbage for linemates.

Again, if the Canucks do this deal and Bouwmeester doesn't re-sign, they are left with Horton as a return. Mind you, if you despise the Sedins and want a change, this is a very logical gamble. J-Bo is a West Coast boy, and he might love it there and re-sign. Horton gives the Canucks a great young power forward (who ironically most fans would give their left nut... or left boob... to get to play with Henrik and Daniel).

Still, I think the Canucks should be able to get a home town discount out of the Sedins, and to have two point per game top six players locked up for between $10-12 mil a season really isn't too bad, considering some of the less than intelligent spending that has gone on in recent years. I would go with that - and stability - than shaking the confidence of a club that is just beginning to find their game themselves.

I just think it's a pretty big risk for both teams. Why does Florida do this? I haven't even covered that angle... Seems a mighty large gamble for them to me...

Old
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
I think everyone here agrees Campbell was worth more than what he was traded for.

The OP asked what it would take. I'm not saying I would actually do that trade.
Point #1 - Who really cares what the posters on HF boards think? That's what he fetched in the *real* NHL. Perhaps Regier got owned, perhaps not. I really don't think it's that far off, value wise.

Still, I can't argue that this is a different year. Interestingly enough, there might be a stronger pool of high end defensemen available at the deadline... it really depends on who you ask... I'm not convinced... But still, because of J-Bo's age, all-around game and what not, I think he'd fetch more than the older, more one-dimensional Campbell.

Point #2 - I hear ya... I'm more of a lurker on these boards, and still feeling my way around... There are lots of Canuck fans who would do that deal though, and it's hard to keep track of the two camps. Personally I think it would seriously deplete an already weak system.

Old
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Yet they've had two blockbusters already...

Philly will have cap problems if they go after J-Bo. They've already got their stud in Timmonen, as well as Briere with a NTC and Richards and Carter pretty much not going anywhere. Simon Gagne? Still i can see the Flyers being bold about making a move for J-Bo. But in the long run is he even an upgrade on JVR? Who knows...
They've had two blockbusters with two different GMs, neither were Martin. He will not trade Bouw unless the deal makes sense for the team at this moment, and for the future.

Quote:

Horton DOES NOT want out. Watch his play, and the joy he has playing right now, and you will see someone who is completely happy where he is at.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:46 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Point #1 - Who really cares what the posters on HF boards think? That's what he fetched in the *real* NHL. Perhaps Regier got owned, perhaps not. I really don't think it's that far off, value wise.

Still, I can't argue that this is a different year. Interestingly enough, there might be a stronger pool of high end defensemen available at the deadline... it really depends on who you ask... I'm not convinced... But still, because of J-Bo's age, all-around game and what not, I think he'd fetch more than the older, more one-dimensional Campbell.

Point #2 - I hear ya... I'm more of a lurker on these boards, and still feeling my way around... There are lots of Canuck fans who would do that deal though, and it's hard to keep track of the two camps. Personally I think it would seriously deplete an already weak system.
Again does age really have any bearing with a player who is most likely gonna be a rental?

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Again does age really have any bearing with a player who is most likely gonna be a rental?
So basically you agree with me that Bouwmeester isn't worth the risk, but decided to nitpick on a minor point.

Oh, and it does if you have hopes to re-sign him... which I hope would be the case with any team that gets Bouwmeester. It's pure stupidity to go out and sell the farm to get a 25 year old star defenseman as a mere rental.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
crazyforhockey

So you trade the Sedins and are basicaly a one line team again.

Jay is very good but not worth an Edler signed long term.Because there is no guarentee that he signs here,and as for the one timer of getting a cup,well,you better win it then because we'll lament the trading of Edler.

Listen Edler and Bieksa have similar numbers to Bouwmeister,chopping off a left arm to get two right arms makes little sense

As for trading Sedins for Horton,Bouw.........makes no sense giving up a 32 goals for 26 goals and 99 pts for 61 pts.............what are we sellers here.

Van needs to add to the mix not take away from this group,

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Todds Chiropractory

There is no way that we give up Edler and a 1st for a rental. I wouldn't even give up Edler alone for any player in the league who is a rental.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote