HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thomas Pck

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Sicilian

vCash: 500
i've met pock a few times (had a couple classes with him at umass) and what i like is he seems fairly humble. he had to work pretty hard to make the transition from forward to defenseman and i think he's still making that transition. once he gets a full season of nhl/ahl hockey under his belt playing D, i think we'll see a nice improvement in the smoothness and production of his overall game. i'm willing to cut him some slack on his defensive play, at least for this year.

Old
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian
he had to work pretty hard to make the transition from forward to defenseman and i think he's still making that transition. once he gets a full season of nhl/ahl hockey under his belt playing D, i think we'll see a nice improvement in the smoothness and production of his overall game.
True. You do not learn all aspects of the d-game within 2 seasons. Although I think his decision-making is pretty good, he seems to know when to jump in the play and when to stay at home.

I have seen him at the WC and the weakest point of his game is going one-on-one on onrushing forwards. If he is able to improve this area of his game, he should be no liability on defense.

Closed Thread