HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kukkonen waived

Old
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I guess you could put me in the "play Ossi" section.

Away look a few posts up. I think he should be with Carle, and Parent should be with Jones.

I think Ossi is better than Alberts, however Alberts does throw his weight around and hit more, which is rare in our dmen right now. But I would still play Ossi over Alberts any day of the week. (Also, I kind like Alberts too)

So in all

Kimmo - Coburn
Ossi - Carle
Parent - Jones.

I think you got your great 1st pairing.
Solid 2nd, with Ossi always covering for Carle's offensive roaming, and same thing with the 3rd paring.
yea, sorry, i didn't see your post. i think you're right all around. with what we have, that would be the best top 6, but as it's been noted, the flyers are sold on alberts - at least up until this point. i was responding more to the whole 'i love parent! ossi should be playing! **** jones!' crowd.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So you agree on Ossi being the 7th defenseman? I guess the Jones love is blinding you. Id rather trade him to a team that will play him, then let him play as our seventh. Guy doesnt do shyt wrong and gets sit. Kuks sucked, plain and simple. I was never a Kuks fan, but to say Ossi is as bad as Kuks makes me laugh.
I don't really notice Vaananen a lot, and I think that is good for a defenseman.

44 is clearly top of the heap.

5 has been poor at times but he's got the tools and on the Flyers as managed currently, that means he'll get big minutes.

6 and 25 have offensive upside, and they make a lot of money, so they're going to play.

41 - I dunno, nothing spectacular, nothing horrid. I guess they like his toughness as compared to Vaananen.

77 is the key to Vaananen. They think Parent has 2nd pairing potential (next year) and therefore he's going to play now.

I think one thing to take into account is that the Flyers aren't going to share detailed info with us regarding who plays and who does not. They're not going to say: "We paid big bucks for Jones and therefore he dresses" or "We want to see if Parent can hack it" or "We like Albert's grit compared to Vaananen's".

Dunno if that answers the question. I think Vaananen has looked fine but I can see rationales for him being odd man out and don't understand why anyone would be all upset about it.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I hope Ossi is traded to a team who plays him. I also hope he haunts the **** out of us.
Great fan, you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I thought Ossi was of the best moves we made in the offseason, that paid off.
Me, too. He played well while the guy they shelled dough for (Jones) and the guy they see a stalwart future for (Parent) were injured. Now it's time for those fellows to play until they show they can't.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
chaosof99*

Kukkonen has been reassigned to the Phantoms

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:58 PM
CantSeeColors

So they're actually trying to get away with calling it a conditioning assignment? Interesting.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Dunno if that answers the question. I think Vaananen has looked fine but I can see rationales for him being odd man out and don't understand why anyone would be all upset about it.
Because Randy Jones ****ing sucks and Vaananen doesn't. He's also better than Alberts and I see no difference in their "toughness".

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Only John Stevens can take the best partner Kimmo has had here in two years, and deem him unworthy of ice time, meanwhile it took the trade of Jim Vandermeer - removing him completely from the organization just over 2 months after trading for him - for Stevens to stop playing him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Because Randy Jones ****ing sucks and Vaananen doesn't. He's also better than Alberts and I see no difference in their "toughness".
i'd rather see ossi played over alberts...the guy is steady but unspectacular which isn't a bad thing for dmen...kinda like offensive linemen, you know they had a good game when you don't hear their name a lot.

alberts has too much therien in him for me...he isn't bad but there are too many nights when he doesn't use his size or play tough enough.

coburn-kimo
parent-carle
jones-ossi

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Only John Stevens can take the best partner Kimmo has had here in two years, and deem him unworthy of ice time, meanwhile it took the trade of Jim Vandermeer - removing him completely from the organization just over 2 months after trading for him - for Stevens to stop playing him.
Yeah its ridiculous the way he manages these players sometimes....Especially when you consider the fact that everytime I see Carle he is turning over the puck. At this point I think I might move him before Jones.

He has played steady throughout the entire year. Our issues are in the defensive end and Steven's great decision is lets make our steadiest dman the odd man out.

What a genius.

Its simple, Jones or Carle need to be moved or Alberts needs to be moved.

Again, we wouldnt be in this situation if Stevens wasnt so stubborn about playing Kukkonen.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote