HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK edge jersey?

Old
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Oilerfan120582

vCash: 500
RBK edge jersey?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody here has played in the new RBK edge jersey. My ice hockey team is getting new jerseys this year and we are trying to decide between RBK and the old CCM style. What are the pros and cons of this new style? Thanks.

Oilerfan120582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
pepe22

I use one. They are very hot and because they don't absorb moisture, your undershirts and gloves are soaked after a period or so. I find the neck to be too tight as well, but my team uses the Minnesota jersey so I don't know how different collars fit. The material is a lot stronger and durable than CCM though. The jersey will last longer. I would suggest getting a size bigger than you wear in CCM, because the tighter fit tends to outline your pads, so players can see where your pads end and target these areas for slashes. It's a decent jersey for ice, but if you're using it for roller, your gonna roast in it.

pepe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
NYwRiter94

I haven't used them, but I heard that all of the Pros hate them and get almost 4 sizes bigger, which defeats the "purpose" of the jersey.

NYwRiter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:23 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe22 View Post
I use one. They are very hot and because they don't absorb moisture, your undershirts and gloves are soaked after a period or so. I find the neck to be too tight as well, but my team uses the Minnesota jersey so I don't know how different collars fit. The material is a lot stronger and durable than CCM though. The jersey will last longer. I would suggest getting a size bigger than you wear in CCM, because the tighter fit tends to outline your pads, so players can see where your pads end and target these areas for slashes. It's a decent jersey for ice, but if you're using it for roller, your gonna roast in it.
Are you using a retail or an authentic pro version? Because they're two very different jerseys.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 01:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I have a premiere jersey I think it's called, which is not the 1 with the fight strap. I'm 6 ft, 190 lbs and I wear a XXL. I could probably go to a XXL with no problems since they fit snug in the elbow pad area on me and I don't like jerseys riding up the back of my ice pants. Go at least a size bigger. I haven't had a problem with getting hot or sweat absorption, I feel they breathe better and are definetely lighter than the tradtional jerseys of the past.

Last edited by The Tikkanen: 02-08-2009 at 01:58 PM.
The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
PIMking

Those things are like real old fashion sweaters on the ice. they are hot I mean very hot and the socks are too. I have played with the socks on and wont do it agian. I also have a RBK edge Flames practice jersey and its cool to wear but not play in.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 11:07 PM
OprtnShtdwn

I didn't have that much a problem playing in one.... However, When it comes to the whole streamline look, i prefer wearing the Nike Olympic jerseys (Czech Republic in specific). I feel like I can move better and i'm not confined.

OprtnShtdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:59 AM
iceman_88888888

the authentic edge jersey (with the fight strap) is okay to wear but definitely hot to play in. it seems to keep the sweat and heat in like a greenhouse and i hate to play in it. the engineers that designed the jersey probably never played sports before. it's a good thing that i bought that jersey at 1/2 price.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_88888888 View Post
the authentic edge jersey (with the fight strap) is okay to wear but definitely hot to play in. it seems to keep the sweat and heat in like a greenhouse and i hate to play in it. the engineers that designed the jersey probably never played sports before. it's a good thing that i bought that jersey at 1/2 price.
Those are the ones that the NHL got rid of halfway through last season FYI. The actual on ice ones went back to a form of air knit, and I think that's what the retail uncrested ones have.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:57 AM
iceman_88888888

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Those are the ones that the NHL got rid of halfway through last season FYI. The actual on ice ones went back to a form of air knit, and I think that's what the retail uncrested ones have.
this one is the air knit jersey except the knitting is very tight. the original was sort of nylon/polyester looking and shiny. this one has the "air vents" in the jersey. either way, i've tried on both and they both suck... imo. they should bring back the old style jersey but i guess they don't stretch like the new ones so the streamlining effect that's supposed to be performance enhancing is lost.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
pepe22

Quote:
Are you using a retail or an authentic pro version? Because they're two very different jerseys.

Pro version. I ordered the team set directly from Reebok. Socks are weird too. When you fall, you slide, a lot. It's like having waxed paper on your legs.

Old
02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe22 View Post
Pro version. I ordered the team set directly from Reebok. Socks are weird too. When you fall, you slide, a lot. It's like having waxed paper on your legs.
So that's probalby not what the OP would be using. How do you do that anyway? And did you get the pro socks too? Because if you post how to do it on Modsquad, there'd be a riot.

Has anyone tried the retail version though?

Old
02-12-2009, 01:10 AM
pepe22

Quote:
So that's probalby not what the OP would be using. How do you do that anyway? And did you get the pro socks too? Because if you post how to do it on Modsquad, there'd be a riot.

Has anyone tried the retail version though?
I have a license to buy directly from RBK or CCM or whoever I guess. I've bought the retail version in kids sizes because the smallest I can get from the manufacturer is a 44. Most people probably would not notice a difference. To my knowledge, the material is the same on both the pro and retail versions just the pro version is heavier, double stitched seams, all the extras that the retails won't have. Plus the retails have that awful looking "REEBOK" on the front which kills the resale value.