HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Pronger

Old
02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
SFKingshomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative View Post
If the ducks end up getting Carlson, i will be pissed if the caps give up any more than this:

Caps Get
Pronger
2nd

Ducks Get
Morrisonn
Carlson
1st

And really, i would be looking for several good prospects, not one blue chip. The ducks are just barren on young defense. If i was anaheim i think i'd prefer this offer(and i'd prefer it as a caps fan)

pronger for Schultz, Finley, Lepisto, 1st

Jeff Schultz-22 y/o top 4 defender
Joe Finley-6'7 250 lbs of anger.
Sami Lepisto-NHL ready offensive d-man. Would be up with the big club, but we're overstocked on top-6 dmen

Basically, thats 4 1sts for Pronger. The only reason i would give up that much value is Mike Green is on a 4 year contract and will probably want ~7.5m to resign at the end of that 4 years. I don't want to pull an Ottawa and come so close year after year but never win the cup. I want to win it this year.
coming from a USHL and Kings fan, please don't trade the Ducks John Carlson because he's an absolute stud and I wanted him over Teubert....

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:47 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
coming from a USHL and Kings fan, please don't trade the Ducks John Carlson because he's an absolute stud and I wanted him over Teubert....
Believe me, there's not a single Caps fan that wants to see him traded.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Sekera, Gerbe, Paille, Tallinder
for
Pronger, Drew Miller

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Sekera, Gerbe, Paille, Tallinder
for
Pronger, Drew Miller
Ouch, not even close IMO.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Ouch, not even close IMO.
Sekera is a 23 year old, 22 minute, 1st pair defensemen
Gerbe is a pt per game+ performer in his first pro year
Paille a young, experienced, 1st round pick, 3rd line defensive forward.
Tallinder a still relatively young playoff experience top 4 defensemen

What did Pronger return the last time he was traded?
Smid, Lupul, 1st ?

and at that point he was signed long term, correct?

Old
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Sekera is a 23 year old, 22 minute, 1st pair defensemen
Gerbe is a pt per game+ performer in his first pro year
Paille a young, experienced, 1st round pick, 3rd line defensive forward.
Tallinder a still relatively young playoff experience top 4 defensemen
Sekera is a good, young defensemen but I think the Ducks would want a player with a higher potential impact as the centerpiece for a Pronger deal. Perhaps I underrate Sekera, but from what I've seen of him, which I admit is fairly limited, he hasn't impressed me all too much. Paille is an average checking line center, and while Gerbe has performed well at every level he has played, he is still on 5'5" and until he shows he can do it at the NHL level I doubt his value would be too high. I like Tallinder but his value has fallen dramatically over the last few seasons. He'd be a nice addition for the Ducks simply because they have little depth, but he's nothing they likely couldn't acquire elsewhere for a draft pick or as an UFA.

Personally I don't think the Ducks will move Pronger unless they get a top prospect as part of the deal. From the Sabres that would likely mean Tyler Myers in the deal. From my Canucks, Cody Hodgson. It's not often you can acquire a player such as Chris Pronger for a playoff drive and have him signed through the next season. I'm sure a team such as Montreal would love to add him and they have a lot of youth/depth that they could likely outbid any team if they wanted.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the Ducks just want to shed Pronger's contract and get a quantity type deal.

Quote:
What did Pronger return the last time he was traded?
Smid, Lupul, 1st ?

and at that point he was signed long term, correct?
Another 1st and a 2nd I believe were also in the trade. But at the time Lupul was coming off a great sophomore season and playoffs and many felt he was a legit candidate to be a perrennial 40 goal scorer. Smid was a recent top 10 draft pick and was well thought of. In any case, what Pronger got 3+ years ago really doesn't have any merit on what he will fetch now. He could be the top defensemen available this off-season, signed for another year, and the Ducks aren't likely to move him for cheap.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Believe me, there's not a single Caps fan that wants to see him traded.
Wants to trade him is different than willing to trade him. He is not untouchable and I imagine if Carlson and a 1st round pick brings the Caps Chris Pronger, that Carlson is gone.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
BTD5504

honestly, i think if pronger is traded it will be to the East.

Anaheim would be crazy to let Pronger go to an Western team whom they would have to play 4-6 times.

i think the Caps, Flyers and Devils will be in the running IF Pronger is put on the block. right now, that is still a big IF.

the Caps have the young players and other assets to get it done. the flyers could definitely put a nice package together. with the Devils though, i don't see them making a big move. Lamoriello doesn't seem like the guy to go and mess with the chemistry of his team when they are performing so well, especially without Brodeur.

for a team like the Caps, Pronger is a guy who can make you an immediate favorite to be playing for the Stanley Cup, and if they can get him without mortgaging the farm, then they should get him.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Johnny Oduya, Matt Halischuk, Tyler Eckford, and a 1st.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Wants to trade him is different than willing to trade him. He is not untouchable and I imagine if Carlson and a 1st round pick brings the Caps Chris Pronger, that Carlson is gone.
Which is why I stated it the way I did.

Old
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Johnny Oduya, Matt Halischuk, Tyler Eckford, and a 1st.
Oduya is UFA after this season - so useless to a rebuilding team.

It would have to be something like Clarkson/Greene (only tradeable roster players with value), Corrente, Bergfors/Halischuk, and a 1st. And the Ducks only do it if they are committed to rebuilding. If the Ducks want players who can jump right in and make an impact right now, the Devils are not a good trading partner.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
FrankM73

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
As crazy as it sounds, while everyone wants him on the Caps because he was awesome at camp and has just ricked in the OHL... Carlson is just a teenager and nothing is guarenteed...

I'm not sure I'd trade Carlson and a 1st for Pronger...

he's a RH, 6'3, 210 at 19...

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Sekera is a good, young defensemen but I think the Ducks would want a player with a higher potential impact as the centerpiece for a Pronger deal. Perhaps I underrate Sekera, but from what I've seen of him, which I admit is fairly limited, he hasn't impressed me all too much. Paille is an average checking line center, and while Gerbe has performed well at every level he has played, he is still on 5'5" and until he shows he can do it at the NHL level I doubt his value would be too high. I like Tallinder but his value has fallen dramatically over the last few seasons. He'd be a nice addition for the Ducks simply because they have little depth, but he's nothing they likely couldn't acquire elsewhere for a draft pick or as an UFA.

Personally I don't think the Ducks will move Pronger unless they get a top prospect as part of the deal. From the Sabres that would likely mean Tyler Myers in the deal. From my Canucks, Cody Hodgson. It's not often you can acquire a player such as Chris Pronger for a playoff drive and have him signed through the next season. I'm sure a team such as Montreal would love to add him and they have a lot of youth/depth that they could likely outbid any team if they wanted.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the Ducks just want to shed Pronger's contract and get a quantity type deal.

Another 1st and a 2nd I believe were also in the trade. But at the time Lupul was coming off a great sophomore season and playoffs and many felt he was a legit candidate to be a perrennial 40 goal scorer. Smid was a recent top 10 draft pick and was well thought of. In any case, what Pronger got 3+ years ago really doesn't have any merit on what he will fetch now. He could be the top defensemen available this off-season, signed for another year, and the Ducks aren't likely to move him for cheap.
that's a fair assessment. except the view on Sekera. I believe Sekera is a high end young player in the NHL. Among defensemen 23 or younger, he's near the top.

Old
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
As crazy as it sounds, while everyone wants him on the Caps because he was awesome at camp and has just ricked in the OHL... Carlson is just a teenager and nothing is guarenteed...

Seriously? Over the past 15 years, how many hundreds of blue chip prospects have failed to become anything remotely close to Pronger? Even if Carlson completely maxes out his upside, is that upside top 5 dman leaguewide?

I'd like to keep Carlson, but Pronger changes the conversation.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
I think that unless a package completely blows Anaheim away, that they will trade him to an eastern conference team.

I hate the idea of trading Pronger, but this team needs to be retooled, so I am not completely against it.

I'd think that a blue chipper, a young NHL'er, and a first would be getting you close to his value.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
HTFN

As a Capitals fan, I would be hurt but not entirely against sending Carlson, Morrison/Schultz, and a first for Pronger. Carlson is tough to let go of, so if Morrisonn and Schultz, Lepisto, and a first went instead, Kronwall could always be used to replace one or the other once Pronger fits into the roster.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntsghost View Post
As a Capitals fan, I would be hurt but not entirely against sending Carlson, Morrison/Schultz, and a first for Pronger. Carlson is tough to let go of, so if Morrisonn and Schultz, Lepisto, and a first went instead, Kronwall could always be used to replace one or the other once Pronger fits into the roster.
If we give up Carlson, we are NOT giving up Schultz. Take that to the bank my friend.

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
HTFN

Then I'd give up the Pylon, Morrisonn, and the first rounder and keep Carlson. On one hand, I don't particularly like Schultz in the lineup much, but at the same time he actually plays better than I give him credit for. If someone could just teach him to throw his weight around he'd be way better, so there's always that potential upside when sending him to Anaheim, where being a mean son of a ***** is part of the job. But for a team like ours where Jurcina and Erskine are our only real hitting defensemen, guys like Carlson and Finley can't really afford to be sent away.

Old
02-11-2009, 04:02 AM
C-A-P-S

Here's my take

Anaheim
D Jeff Schultz or D Shaone Morrisonn
LW Oskar Osala or D Joe Finley
1st 2009
1st 2010

Washington
D Chris Pronger

The two firsts are a lot, but the guy is under contract until after the 09/10 season. And it is Chris Pronger after all.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-A-P-S View Post
Here's my take

Anaheim
D Jeff Schultz or D Shaone Morrisonn
LW Oskar Osala or D Joe Finley
1st 2009
1st 2010

Washington
D Chris Pronger

The two firsts are a lot, but the guy is under contract until after the 09/10 season. And it is Chris Pronger after all.
I don't value late firsts that highly, Carlson is a must in any trade IMO

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 04:30 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
I don't value late firsts that highly, Carlson is a must in any trade IMO
I'd move him for Pronger - he's about the only defenseman I think I would move him for.

Schultz or Mo
Carlson
1st 2009

for

Pronger

Old
02-11-2009, 04:32 AM
HTFN

Quote:
I'd move him for Pronger - he's about the only defenseman I think I would move him for.

Schultz or Mo
Carlson
1st 2009

for

Pronger
That's about as good as you'll get from GMGM, except we'd have to add Nylander in order to free up the cap hit on Pronger.

Old
02-11-2009, 04:47 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntsghost View Post
That's about as good as you'll get from GMGM, except we'd have to add Nylander in order to free up the cap hit on Pronger.
Oh don't worry about Nyls...he's being traded to the moon.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:

Schultz or Mo
Carlson
1st 2009

for

Pronger
Even with Nylander moved, that has to be Mo to free up cap space for Alzner. Not to mention if you're getting Carlson you don't get to be picky about which roster Dman you get.

Old
02-11-2009, 07:32 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post

35 years. 0 stanley cups. 1 trip to the finals. 2 trips to the conference finals.

Pronger=a legit shot for two seasons to add to that list. Carlson=promises and hopes.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote