HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Carbo's statement yesterday

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
HotHabsFan*

vCash: 500
Carbo's statement yesterday

This tells me alot about what he thinks of his team !!!

form Dave Stubbs

Here's a brilliant, very revealing and I believe entirely accurate comment from Carbo yesterday, talking about this team:

"I think the biggest (strain) is the pressure and anticipation from the people. We had a good year last year and from the start of (this) year, they saw us as Stanley Cup contenders. Maybe we're not as good as they think we are. It's a tough league to win in consistently. And it's going to get tougher and tougher until the end."

Old
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
File this next to the lame quote after the 2006-07 collapse.

(Paraphrasing) "Nobody expected us to make the playoffs and we didn't."

Old
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
LeMAD

Boston this year is like Montréal last year: no expectations, no pressure. It's a lot tougher when people expects you to be first.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Jigger77

I think it's a combination of unreasonable expectations.

Too many bandwagon fans

key injuries

And more recently, The Lecavalier rumors.

But, there is still time to turn it around and for some reason I have a good feeling about tonight and the rest of this road-trip.

I don't know if the guys were angry yet until the last loss. Sometimes a bit of anger can be the perfect motivator. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think it's a combination of unreasonable expectations.

Too many bandwagon fans

key injuries

And more recently, The Lecavalier rumors.

But, there is still time to turn it around and for some reason I have a good feeling about tonight and the rest of this road-trip.

I don't know if the guys were angry yet until the last loss. Sometimes a bit of anger can be the perfect motivator. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Now you are talking sir..some positive amongst all this negative.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
This tells me alot about what he thinks of his team !!!

form Dave Stubbs

Here's a brilliant, very revealing and I believe entirely accurate comment from Carbo yesterday, talking about this team:

"I think the biggest (strain) is the pressure and anticipation from the people. We had a good year last year and from the start of (this) year, they saw us as Stanley Cup contenders. Maybe we're not as good as they think we are. It's a tough league to win in consistently. And it's going to get tougher and tougher until the end."
With those comments, Carbo is simply trying to diffuse the pressure away from his players. He's a master at manipulating the media and just like his decision to take them bowling yesterday, he's doing everything in his power to protect them from the media and fan pressure in order to try to get them out of that slump that they're in. There is no way that he thinks that his team isn't as good as they thought they would. It's a smoke screen.

I know that some people like criticizing Carbonneau but I truly think that he's a very good coach who knows what it's like to be a player and what they need in order to succeed.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
TheCH*

Why do people keep quoting that ruins girl?

Makes the ignore function useless..
She is just an attention craving little girl!

Old
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
With those comments, Carbo is simply trying to diffuse the pressure away from his players. He's a master at manipulating the media and just like his decision to take them bowling yesterday, he's doing everything in his power to protect them from the media and fan pressure in order to try to get them out of that slump that they're in.

I know that some people like criticizing Carbonneau but I truly think that he's a very good coach who knows what it's like to be a player and what they need in order to succeed.
good point, i read Ozz had said the same earlier. It might be he is doing like i do with my boys Reverse Psychology !

Old
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Kessel81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Your setup and punchline don't even make sense together...
Moi, je t'aime.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
With those comments, Carbo is simply trying to diffuse the pressure away from his players. He's a master at manipulating the media and just like his decision to take them bowling yesterday, he's doing everything in his power to protect them from the media and fan pressure in order to try to get them out of that slump that they're in.

I know that decision (bowling) was criticized, not to say lauged at. But I liked it also. Not because it was bowling but because it was something to break the routine and get the guys talking in a loose atmosphere. Hopefully it pays off on the ice.

I think the Habs come out flying tonight personally. If they don't. I have serious doubts about the playoffs.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I know that decision (bowling) was criticized, not to say lauged at. But I liked it also. Not because it was bowling but because it was something to break the routine and get the guys talking in a loose atmosphere. Hopefully it pays off on the ice.

I think the Habs come out flying tonight personally. If they don't. I have serious doubts about the playoffs.
Especially that it came after was was said to be a very heated closed door meeting. He knows what he's doing out there and I find that he doesn't get the credit that he deserves from some fans, but Gainey sure notices.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
saints96

tell thomas to open his eyes when he makes a save.. never saw a goalie with a bigger horseshoe up his a**

Old
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Your setup and punchline don't even make sense together...
I dunno, it was clunky but I chuckled. Probably would have been better if he didn't overdo it with the "Ohhh"

Why didn't Lucic answer the bell against Laraque?

Because he was too busy ringing it.

(Enter Bruins fan saying that making fun of Lucic's appearance is off-limits.)

Old
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
jcpenny

Quote:

They came out flying against the Flames but still lost. The question is, how will they respond after a mistake? Their confidence is at an all time low right now and things can easily go to good to bad in a hurry.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Bacchus1

He is talking to the media and the fans about unrealistic expectations. Many people thought that we were on our way to a stanley cup, and that we would do better this season than last (which was very good); so, maybe the Habs this year aren't as good as that expectation. That being said, I bet Carbo still thinks he has a pretty good team.

2nd, why are people responding to the troll ... it just encourages him ... don't quote, don't reply ... ignore or PM ... no one likes to read the troll or the responses.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
They came out flying against the Flames but still lost. The question is, how will they respond after a mistake? Their confidence is at an all time low right now and things can easily go to good to bad in a hurry.
Good point. I thought it was in the bag after we killed off the 5 on 3.

You're right. It will depend how they respond to a mistake.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I dunno, it was clunky but I chuckled. Probably would have been better if he didn't overdo it with the "Ohhh"

Why didn't Lucic answer the bell against Laraque?

Because he was too busy ringing it.

(Enter Bruins fan saying that making fun of Lucic's appearance is off-limits.)
Who's Lucic???

I know a certain Lucie Milan who likes to cross-dress and hangout at Mado's everytime he comes by Montreal.

Old
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

F this ****ing ****.

Closed Thread