HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers fans are the most disruptive fans in nhl according to players survey

Old
02-07-2009, 01:12 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
For defending my team?

I'm sorry if I came across as trolling, but that poster is really being ignorant.
So then don't reply and don't open the thread, it's not that hard.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I love it! Flyers fans are most disruptive and Cindy Crosby is the biggest whiner!

Not that either of these things are in the least bit surprising, but I love it too.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:38 AM
forzanerazzurri

Oh great. A flightless bird has slid in here.

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
tytech

[QUOTE=One Trick Pony;17769980]
Quote:
Originally Posted by One trick pony View Post
Your fans are complete idiots to let you know,
Quote:
For defending my team?

I'm sorry if I came across as trolling, but that poster is really being ignorant.

Makes sense to me

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
chaosof99*

Interesting survey.

Another interesting thing I just checked up on because of this One Trick Pony Character: The average attendance in Flyers games in the season from Hell was above 19,000.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
For defending my team?

Replace "Mr. Madison" with "One Trick Pony"

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
phlocky

Quote:
For defending my team?

By definition, you ARE trolling. This is a FLYERS board, why the hell is a stupid Pens fan here anyways??? I don't EVER go to the Pens board because frankly I don't give a rats ass about Sh*ttsbugh and Cindy Crybaby (lol, this should really get him going if he's still trolling).

Honestly though, if I went to the Pens board and started bashing (or retaliating towards) the Pens then yes I'd just be trolling.

Oh, and yes it is GREAT the most of the rest of the league thinks Crosby is the biggest whiner in the league.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
duffy9748

Hartnell's contract isn't terrible. I think its deserved for the way hes playing this year. And you referred to Philly as "Filthy". I think your trolling.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I am proud to be a philadelphian. that poll just means that when opposing teams are in the wachovia center, they're thinking at least a little more than usual about the crowd.

and i like the pens fan that somehow found his way into hostile waters. swim away, little buddy!

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
For defending my team?

How am I being ignorant? Maybe you are being ignorant by not realizing the truth?

Tell me this, truthfully. Were you a Pens fan when they finished dead last several seasons in a row? For four years out of 5, you finished dead last in the Atlantic. DEAD. LAST. You're telling me with Mario Lemeiux on your team, one of the greatest players ever, you couldn't find a support staff to at least be competitive?

I became a Phillies fan in 1994. When I was 9. And old enough to understand baseball fully. All I knew for about 6 years was complete and utter disaster of baseball futility. But I can tell you, the first time I scrounged up all my money I had and snuck out of school to attend a Phillies day game when I was 13...just to watch them get blown out -- was well worth it.

I can tell you that I remember guys like Rico Brogna, Travis Lee, Wayne Gomes, Doug Glanville, Mike Lieberthal, and Robert Person, and it sure as hell ain't because they were good players.

I can also tell you I went to the ugly, smelly vet game after game, year after year. It wasn't because I enjoyed seeing cats and raccoons that could eat me alive.

I went to the most Flyers games I have ever gone to during our most awful year. It wasn't because the ticket prices were slightly discounted, either.

Call me ignorant if you want. But I've been here for the (mostly) bad years, and I feel honored and blessed to be here for the good years.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
XParise9X

Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
I think the smoke bomb did it
lol I came in this thread just to mention that
I don't think Devils fans will forget that 1

XParise9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Didnt they arrest the guys who threw the smoke bomb?

I feel like i just read that somewhere.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:12 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Didnt they arrest the guys who threw the smoke bomb?

I feel like i just read that somewhere.
They made an arrest about a month ago but I heard nothing beyond that. It was a guy from South-Philadelphia they arrested.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
qwertysac

malkin gives his opinion on flyer fans:

Not long ago ESPN had a survey where 24% of players surveyed said that the Philadelphia Flyers have the most disruptive fans. Have you ever been, even a little, afraid of Flyers fans?

Evgeni Malkin: I agree with the players [who named Flyers fans]. I can't say that I am afraid of them though. Although I do remember one game in Philadelphia last year when we had popcorn thrown to our bench by Flyers' fans, other garbage. Thank god there were no bottles thrown. And their fans also jump on the glass behind the bench, or behind the glass. People don't behave that good there. I have never seen anything like this anywhere. And this survey showed that other players noticed it too. I am surprised by those fans. But I understand that they are just supporting their team.

Do you just see them as being strange? Or do they unsettle you or put you under pressure in any way?

Evgeni Malkin: No, they don't put me under pressure. It's just not very nice when there is popcorn thrown on the bench, and it doesn't feel good to go out and play hockey after such things. No pressure, but such things are not enjoyable and are unfounded

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,140293

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
malkin gives his opinion on flyer fans:

Not long ago ESPN had a survey where 24% of players surveyed said that the Philadelphia Flyers have the most disruptive fans. Have you ever been, even a little, afraid of Flyers fans?

Evgeni Malkin: I agree with the players [who named Flyers fans]. I can't say that I am afraid of them though. Although I do remember one game in Philadelphia last year when we had popcorn thrown to our bench by Flyers' fans, other garbage. Thank god there were no bottles thrown. And their fans also jump on the glass behind the bench, or behind the glass. People don't behave that good there. I have never seen anything like this anywhere. And this survey showed that other players noticed it too. I am surprised by those fans. But I understand that they are just supporting their team.

Do you just see them as being strange? Or do they unsettle you or put you under pressure in any way?

Evgeni Malkin: No, they don't put me under pressure. It's just not very nice when there is popcorn thrown on the bench, and it doesn't feel good to go out and play hockey after such things. No pressure, but such things are not enjoyable and are unfounded

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,140293
Of course we don't throw bottles. Although he should be concerned about the Capitals fans.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Of course we don't throw bottles. Although he should be concerned about the Capitals fans.

Attention Washington Nationals.....Sign whoever threw that bottle and you've got your staff ace.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post

didn't lupul get hit with a pizza box at a caps game? i seem to remember seeing it in a post-game interview at the caps arena.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote