HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak - what would it take?

Old
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Kelevra

vCash: 500
We could use Halak as Roli may have at most one more year left in him...and we dont really have a good goalie prospect in the cupboards.

As for Gilbert, there is no way we are going to trade him for Halak.

Some posters mentioned Cole for Halak, I think that is fair and workable.

Cole + Roli for Halak + Kovalev is also doable, and the salaries even out.

Kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
jcpenny

I really like Pouliot. Actually ive been a fa of his game since his days with Hamilton. He was playing center and was the team's best player. 6'2 200 center with skill and hes a good skater. Right now i know hes playing wing because of the logjam at center in EDM. Is he available?

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
We could use Halak as Roli may have at most one more year left in him...and we dont really have a good goalie prospect in the cupboards.

As for Gilbert, there is no way we are going to trade him for Halak.

Some posters mentioned Cole for Halak, I think that is fair and workable.

Cole + Roli for Halak + Kovalev is also doable, and the salaries even out.
An Oilers' fan suggested the value of Roli and the Oilers' first round pick...

I'd rather see Cole, Roloson, Oilers' first for Kovalev, Halak and Habs' first.

Here's why: You give us two UFA's and get one back, but a good young goalie. Also, Roli will be a backup to Price here while Kovy will be playing on your top two lines. Swapping first rounders would only make sense as the Oilers don't lose their first, they might just draft a bit later.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Kelevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
An Oilers' fan suggested the value of Roli and the Oilers' first round pick...

I'd rather see Cole, Roloson, Oilers' first for Kovalev, Halak and Habs' first.

Here's why: You give us two UFA's and get one back, but a good young goalie. Also, Roli will be a backup to Price here while Kovy will be playing on your top two lines. Swapping first rounders would only make sense as the Oilers don't lose their first, they might just draft a bit later.
I would accept that if the swap was conditional - being that MTL has the right to make the swap if the oilers first pick isnt a top 10 pick...otherwise its way to risky for the oil

Old
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
emb24*

there's no, no how, no chance, gainey is trading halak for a ufa cole. forget it. never.

add things to the package, send a goalie back..maybe...but as a 1 for 1? gainey's not stupid

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
flappuck

Forget about Cole, let's get Penner!

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
I would accept that if the swap was conditional - being that MTL has the right to make the swap if the oilers first pick isnt a top 10 pick...otherwise its way to risky for the oil
I can appreciate that. If that's the case then, it should be conditional as follows:
  • If the Oilers get a top 10 pick, they keep their first rounder but surrender their second rounder to Montreal.

• If the Oilers pick from 11-29 but ahead of Montreal, then they simply swap first round picks as originally suggested.

• If the Oilers pick after the Habs (meaning the Oilers catch fire and the Habs stick it up), the first rounders are off the table.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Kelevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I really like Pouliot. Actually ive been a fa of his game since his days with Hamilton. He was playing center and was the team's best player. 6'2 200 center with skill and hes a good skater. Right now i know hes playing wing because of the logjam at center in EDM. Is he available?
Ya hes available...what would you offer for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Forget about Cole, let's get Penner!
Seriously? Cole is way better than penner...id trade penner for any average third liner that can win draws

Old
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Kelevra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I can appreciate that. If that's the case then, it should be conditional as follows:
  • If the Oilers get a top 10 pick, they keep their first rounder but surrender their second rounder to Montreal.

• If the Oilers pick from 11-29 but ahead of Montreal, then they simply swap first round picks as originally suggested.

• If the Oilers pick after the Habs (meaning the Oilers catch fire and the Habs stick it up), the first rounders are off the table.
I would do that deal....lets tell our GM's