HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what will happen with carbo??

View Poll Results: What will happen with Carbo
He wil be fired within a week or so 30 18.52%
he will be fired at the end of the season 12 7.41%
he will resign because from embaressment 9 5.56%
both him and gainey will be fired before sesason end 7 4.32%
he will stay the coach for years to come 104 64.20%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Habsbullet

vCash: 500
Holy **** fire this ****head coach, i'm so sick and tired of his line shuffling. HE DOESN'T KNOW **** ABOUT COACHING A NHL TEAM MAKING OUR HABS LOOK TRASH

Habsbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:35 AM
THE HOFF

he's been successfull ... he has been let down by bob on the trade deadline last year .... because of that hedberg comming here with hossa / so let's get rid of huet trade.

at that point , he valued hedberg more than huet , got ****ed in the ass and ended up having to play baby fat in the nets.

right now , it hurts cuz we have no goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsbullet View Post
Holy **** fire this ****head coach, i'm so sick and tired of his line shuffling. HE DOESN'T KNOW **** ABOUT COACHING A NHL TEAM MAKING OUR HABS LOOK TRASH
stats prove otherwise , with a team that was ranked in the bottom half prior to the season last year ...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-12-2009 at 09:57 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Kirk Muller

After the first month, this team has been inconsistent, mediocre or downright awful.

At some point, an intelligent person says there is a problem.

Guy has been completely unable to right the ship. He has had 3 and half months. This team got by playing 20 minutes many nights and now they aren't playing even 20.

So what is it? Wrong players or wrong coach or both.

Probably the most concerning thing is the lack of any presence from Silent Bob.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Pascal

i'm always one to defend Carbo and i usually put the blame on the players first. This time i'll place the blame on both.

Carbo is out of answers, and the players don't seem to care for him anymore.

And the players well, there's something wrong in the group and I think it all starts with the letters Ko and ends with lev. He simply has not answered the calls to lead this team both in the locker room (a fair assumption given the way the team has played this year) and on the ice. When a team plays like this for 4 months there's something wrong with the leadership and backbone of the team and there's no more prominent FAIL this year than Kovy. Plekanec and co haven't played well either and i wouldn't mind to see some of them go too.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:18 AM
ToysInTheAttic

I don't think the problem is Carbonneau. He plays the cards he is dealt. Without Lang and Tanguay in the line-up this team can't compensate for the loss of Streit on the PP, and the failure of Gainey to address the D in the off season. I don't think any goalie in the league could carry this team right now.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I don't think the problem is Carbonneau. He plays the cards he is dealt. Without Lang and Tanguay in the line-up this team can't compensate for the loss of Streit on the PP, and the failure of Gainey to address the D in the off season. I don't think any goalie in the league could carry this team right now.
lang and tanguay not being there doesn't explain the total lack of coherence in Carbo's gameplan or the lack of chemistry on the ice or lack of effort, or lack of fire, or... should i keep going?

The Panthers have a way weaker teams than ours on paper and they're still playing a ton better than us right now.. hint: it has nothing to do with talent. They're playing HARD and WELL for their coach.

Carbo has lost the ship. If he ain't fired now they'll have to fire him this summer after the team flops, once again.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

As long as Gainey is GM, Carbo will be the coach. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:25 AM
OneSharpMarble

Fired end of the year, especially if they miss the playoffs. I don't see this team pulling out of this nose dive unless Gainey pulls a big trade which is highly unlikely.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I don't think ONE D would have changed everything.

It's not normal for a team with Markov/Komi/Hamrlik/Gorges to allow 18Goals in 3 games.
It's normal for a team to look completely loss for so long.

Carbo is doing nothing other than change lines. Can you tell me what he's done to try and shake things around?
All I see is a team that looks lost. A team that doesn't know what to do on the ice.
This team lacks management. I'll criticize Gainey for backing up Carbo like he's doing, but he's not the one coaching.
If Gainey is to blame for our huge slump, then what is Carbo there for?..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
As much as i would like to see him go because his lineups make no sence what so ever, I know he is here as long as BG is in charge.

Mitchell

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
time for bob to step down and be behind the bench

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 02:58 AM
suprez

I doubt Gainey would fire him . So when Gainey get fired Carbo will leave at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 View Post
time for bob to step down and be behind the bench
No . If he do that Carbo prob will ask to be replaced.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-12-2009 at 09:58 AM.
suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Kafka

What a bunch of morons we can read here. It`s increadible.

Players got rid of Michel Therrien, Claude Julien, Alain Vigneault. All have proved after they were great coaches.

Like I mentioned in an other post, players in Buffalo also tried to get rid of Lindy Ruff, but management kept him in place.

We need for once and for all to tell this team they will need to follow the leader. And that guy isn't the one having a C on his shirt, or who which he had it.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
he's been successfull ... he has been let down by bob on the trade deadline last year .... because of that hedberg comming here with hossa / so let's get rid of huet trade.

at that point , he valued hedberg more than huet , got ****ed in the ass and ended up having to play baby fat in the nets.

right now , it hurts cuz we have no goalie.
Right...it's all the goalie's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
stats prove otherwise , with a team that was ranked in the bottom half prior to the season last year ...
It was Kovalev and his line that made this team #1 last season. This season that line is struggling and the team blows.

Carbo has little to do with the success of last season. He has everything to do with the instability of his lines and the low confidence of his team. He can't even get back to basics because he has no system to revert to. It's easy to say you are a puck possession team but we dump the puck in so where exactly is this puck possession? Our speed is negated by the opponent and the coach has no answers.

You see the value of a coach when he faces adversity and how he reacts to his team not performing. His answer was to give them yet another day off and then repeat the unstable line juggling act. In this he has failed miserably.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-12-2009 at 09:59 AM.
RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

This is the ONE place were I'd like to see Gainey make a panic move.

Put Muller or Jarvis in as interim coach until the end of the year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Nyclaus

The only thing that might save us from missing the playoffs is to fire Carbo plain and simple

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
It was Kovalev and his line that made this team #1 last season. This season that line is struggling and the team blows.

Carbo has little to do with the success of last season. He has everything to do with the instability of his lines and the low confidence of his team. He can't even get back to basics because he has no system to revert to. It's easy to say you are a puck possession team but we dump the puck in so where exactly is this puck possession? Our speed is negated by the opponent and the coach has no answers.

You see the value of a coach when he faces adversity and how he reacts to his team not performing. His answer was to give them yet another day off and then repeat the unstable line juggling act. In this he has failed miserably.
Agreed. It's so easy to see it's the coach who should be blamed - he has a crappy "system" which involves dumping the puck and sending 1 man in to get it while lining 4 up on the blue line. A power play where you rarely see the defense in the proper place to stop a clearing attempt... they are always in the middle of the ice. A power play which involves as many cross ice passes and as little shooting as possible, where they most certainly get picked off and cleared because the defense isn't in the right spot. A passive 5v5 defend that allows the team with the puck tons of time on the outside while they create space in the middle... our PK is more aggressive than our 5v5 defense. And while our PK is aggressive, more often than it not brings a defender out of position (ie one defender high which leaves an entire side of the net open) and allows for a chance right on the doorstep.

I've said it ever since Carbo came here - this team is not designed for the trap. We are a balls out, 3 men deep, OFFENSIVE team who should be playing to our strengths which are speed and skill, not one who sits back and plays the trap waiting for the other team to make a mistake. Nobody shoots anymore (except Laps) in the offensive zone... we are always looking for that practiced play instead of just playing hockey. Screw the "system" I say, do what you want and play by the seat of your pants - as long as they back check, give them freedom to play the game. Give up the dump and chase tactic and the trap, it just doesn't work for us.

The defense has to start playing better as well... back to basics. One guy in the corner, the other in front of the net. Throw some hits, (Jeebus Komi where are you?) be confident, show them it's your zone not theirs, don't panic and throw the puck if under pressure. Protect the goalie, clear the front out so he can see... it's not rocket science - we're getting run over in our own zone.

Take a look at the team this year and last year - no one can deny that we have better players. This team has the talent to go far, but they are confused and no longer motivated... that only comes from one place people - THE COACH.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Judge Sauer*

Coaching change

Komo to be assisstant once again....worked OK last time, you never know with Carbo, he might do it.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
MM425

Carbo isn't going anywhere as long as Gainey is GM.

A trade is much more likely.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:25 AM
hellojp

It's not Carbo...

It's Kovy and Koivu... They have their own clicks/followers. . . The team needs to freaking wake up and be a team and not a bunch of individuals...

Wathcing the Power play,,, I KNEW each time it's a freaking give and go to whom other then AKP27 (always keep the puck)...

arg...

hellojp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojp View Post
It's not Carbo...

It's Kovy and Koivu... They have their own clicks/followers. . . The team needs to freaking wake up and be a team and not a bunch of individuals...

Wathcing the Power play,,, I KNEW each time it's a freaking give and go to whom other then AKP27 (always keep the puck)...

arg...
Hey, next time your hanging out in the dressing room and going for dinner with the team, can you get me an autograph or two?
Seeing as you know what's going on in there.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Belso

All of you have a short memory. 1st in East last year!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojp View Post
It's not Carbo...

It's Kovy and Koivu... They have their own clicks/followers.
I don't believe that for a second. They are both vets who are professionals, and neither of them wants to lose every game 6-2. It's only logical to think that even if they did have differences, they would put them aside to win some games. Above all, they are competitive and want to win. Two NHL vets like Kovy and Koivu are not going to cause problems in the dressing room and make everyone miserable - it just doesn't make sense to me.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
My hope is he gets fired soon....

My belief is he will continue to be the coach at least for the remainder of this season.
If Montreal fails to make the playoffs and or passed the first round he will be let go.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
I don't believe that for a second. They are both vets who are professionals, and neither of them wants to lose every game 6-2. It's only logical to think that even if they did have differences, they would put them aside to win some games. Above all, they are competitive and want to win. Two NHL vets like Kovy and Koivu are not going to cause problems in the dressing room and make everyone miserable - it just doesn't make sense to me.
I agree...They may not be best friends but they are still professionals and both UFA's next year. You think they want to play bad and not get a decent contract offer next year?

I honestly believe that both Koivu and Kovalev will be gone next year.
I think Koivu wants to leave and go play in Minnesota with his brother.
Kovalev is just not worth a new contract at 36 years old.

I really do hope Koivu sticks around, as you can see he is the only guy out there putting forth any kind of consistent effort among the top six forwards. Night in night out Koivu is always playing as hard as he can!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote