HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal-Rangers/Flames

Old
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Gomez, Drury or Redden aren't being traded any time before the end of the season.
Fixed

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
So you agree that if he wasn't here, we'd be worse, at least in the present and short term?
Yes, but only because the only players with any sort of skill on this team are Gomez, Zherdev and Naslund. That said, I think if you simply remove Gomez from the team and add nothing else, they go from being a 6th-9th place team to being an 8th-12th place team. NOT a very big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Lombardi could be a decent fill in, which allows you to work around him. I know Gomez outscores him currently. But Lombardi is not getting the same quality minutes as Gomez.

But like you alluded to... cap space is only important if you do something with it.

Honestly if you could get rid of anyone, it should be Redden. Gomez' best years are ahead of him.
The only reason that Gomez ISN'T the #1 player on the "GET RID OF" list is just a testament to how incredibly bad Redden and his contract are. Gomez is easily #2 on the list, however. Getting rid of BOTH should be the #1 objective for this team.

I agree about Lombardi. I would deal Gomez for Lombardi straight up in a sec.

Quote:
I agree with all of this. I also believe that "cap hell" is only something to worry about when you actually have to deal with it. Sather still has a lot of resources at his disposal to make mistakes disappear, and until I find a definitive example of how the cap situation prevented Sather from improving the team, I'm not going to buy it. And please don't talk about Sundin. I think we all know that he wasn't coming here from the very beginning.
The number one way it prevented us from improving was by denying us the high-draft picks we should have been going after. But that view aside, we could have gone after Souray or Hossa, among others.

And I totally disagree about Sundin. I feel that if we had the cap space, Sundin would be a Ranger today. I also don't believe that he is suddenly terrible. He was phenomenal last season. He would easily be our best player.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 06:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Cammy is playing the wing for the Flames right? This trade would force some line juggling over there, and I don't think they have a need to fix what ain't broke. I also don't think they would rather pay Gomez all that cash than Cammy.

Is that rumor you posted about the 2004 draft correct? Cammy + #11 for the #6? That would have been nice, eh?
Larry Brooks had that one on that Saturday

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote