HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE SOLUTION: How to fix Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2009, 08:46 AM
  #1
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
THE SOLUTION: How to fix Price

It's simple guys.

Really simple.

I want you all to sit down, get comfortable, maybe get a cup of coffee. You all need to read this and you need to be alert when you do.

The way to fix Price is simple. It's easy. I want it done.

Price needs to go back to his white pads.

That's it. That's all that needs to be done.

Lets look at the FACTS.

FACT: Price is awesome.

FACT: Price wore white pads for most of his NHL career.

FACT: Price was having a fantastic year up until he was injured.

FACT: Price started sucking after the All-Star game.

FACT: Price started wearing red pads from the All-Star game onwards.

FACT: Price, wearing red pads, looks like Huet and plays crappy like he did too.

So draw your own conclusions. It seems easy as pie to me.

Here is where you come in.

I want you guys to help me make a difference. I want you to call your radio stations. E-mail them too. E-mail the journalists. GET THIS MESSAGE OUT TO EVERYONE YOU CAN THINK OF. Price needs to go back to his white pads.

I want this whole city talking about it. I want this to get into the media and I want them to talk about it. I want them to ask Price about it after the games. I want this to be discussed amongst the players. I want it to become a joke amongst the players and I want Price to go back to his white pads. Why? Because make my words, if he does, he's going to get a shutout the first game he uses them. And then it'll become a turning point in the season, and it'll give the whole team a boost. They'll get closer because of it. And it's all thanks to you guys.

So get out there. Do you part. SPREAD THE WORD. PRICE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO HIS WHITE PADS.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:49 AM
  #2
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Price needs a team in front of him with a system they believe in, just as ez no ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:50 AM
  #3
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
or how about we call up Denis for a week just to change the goalie situation, let him play the next 3 games.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:52 AM
  #4
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
ugh im fed up of all this dumb ass threads.

does anyone have anything constructive or insightful to say?

next is the plekanec needs his turtle neck or kovy needs to grow his hair.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
  #5
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
ugh im fed up of all this dumb ass threads.

does anyone have anything constructive or insightful to say?

next is the plekanec needs his turtle neck or kovy needs to grow his hair.
My post is based on FACTS.

Besides, I'm not sure you understand how important goalies consider their equipment.

Also, I think you missed the point of the thread too.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 08:57 AM
  #6
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan
 
HardcoreHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 1035
He went back to his old mask and I wish he'd go back to his old pads too, but it's a hell of a lot more than that.

He's not leading 5+ every night because of the colour of his pads. That's for sure.

The team should start by not turning over the puck 100 times a game or leaving pucks sitting in the open around the crease.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
  #7
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
I think he started struggling a bit returning from his injury, instead of giving Halak a few starts back then(2 weeks ago) and work with CP in practise, they started him like 7 in a row and he's been playing progressively worse...the Toronto and Edmonton games he looks completely lost, never mind 1 bad goal.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
  #8
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
My post is based on FACTS.

Besides, I'm not sure you understand how important goalies consider their equipment.

Also, I think you missed the point of the thread too.
funny
i played goalie all my life and as important as equipment is, it dosent make you any better or any worse.
The only thing that would amke changes if how price feels is breaks in the pad, length, weight and general comfort.

The day we as fans start blaming a player`s shotcomings on the color of his equipment, its a sad day.

And no you are no FACTS in your statement, just because you use the word FACTS in bold all over your post, dosent make it an actual fact,


FACT: Price is awesome.- wow ok.

FACT: Price wore white pads for most of his NHL career. ok, what is that 40 games?

FACT: Price was having a fantastic year up until he was injured.-he was defiantely better.

FACT: Price started sucking after the All-Star game.- so has the entire team.

FACT: Price started wearing red pads from the All-Star game onwards.- ok....

FACT: Price, wearing red pads, looks like Huet and plays crappy like he did too.- there you go sir, FACT!! Also his name is Cristobal which starts with a C, like Carey, so you must be onto something. Must be a FACT!

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
  #9
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
FACT

This from one of the best ever(Dryden):

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself. Not a puck, not an opponent, not a quirk of size or style. Him. The stress and anxiety he feels when he plays…[is] in constant ebb and flow, but never disappearing. The successful goalie understands these neuroses, accepts them, and puts them under control. The unsuccessful goalie is distracted by them, his mind in knots, his body quickly following.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
  #10
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
All I have to say is that we are on the right path to effectively ruin Carey Price!!!! Making him the #1 goalie last year was too early. We rushed him and put too much pressure on him before he was ready to handle it. He needed to have at least 1 full season in Hamilton before he took over the #1 job in Montreal.

I'll admit, he has done decent in his short career, but right now its plain to see that he can't handle the pressure that has been put on him.

I know many of you will disagree with this comment, and thats fine....but as a former goalie, I know all about pressure and what it does to you....and right now Price is having a tough time dealing with the pressure from playing in Montreal, the media pressure and the fans pressure for him to do well and win games for the Habs.

If we could have broke him in slowly by letting him play most of the season in Hamilton, none of this would be happening right not. Carey thinks that he should be able to win because he won in junior and everything should just keep going but since he was never given time to adjust to the NHL game....he is starting to have a tough time.

The kid is 21 years old for petes sake. There was absolutely no reason to rush him!!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
  #11
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
funny
i played goalie all my life and as important as equipment is, it dosent make you any better or any worse.
The only thing that would amke changes if how price feels is breaks in the pad, length, weight and general comfort.

The day we as fans start blaming a player`s shotcomings on the color of his equipment, its a sad day.

And no you are no FACTS in your statement, just because you use the word FACTS in bold all over your post, dosent make it an actual fact,


FACT: Price is awesome.- wow ok.

FACT: Price wore white pads for most of his NHL career. ok, what is that 40 games?

FACT: Price was having a fantastic year up until he was injured.-he was defiantely better.

FACT: Price started sucking after the All-Star game.- so has the entire team.

FACT: Price started wearing red pads from the All-Star game onwards.- ok....

FACT: Price, wearing red pads, looks like Huet and plays crappy like he did too.- there you go sir, FACT!! Also his name is Cristobal which starts with a C, like Carey, so you must be onto something. Must be a FACT!
You missed the whole point once again. Keep trying.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
  #12
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,628
vCash: 500
I remember hearing last year that Fleury was advised by someone to switch from yellow pads to white ones, I checked on Wikipedia and it was quoted as:

"While sidelined, Fleury decided to change the colour of his goaltending equipment from the bright yellow that had become his signature to plain white, in order to gain an optical advantage over shooters"

I don't know if its just me but Price looked a lot faster when he had his white pads on.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:10 AM
  #13
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
You missed the whole point once again. Keep trying.
please some of us are not familiar with message board morse code, please enlighten us all to what your point is.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:10 AM
  #14
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
FACT

This from one of the best ever(Dryden):

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself. Not a puck, not an opponent, not a quirk of size or style. Him. The stress and anxiety he feels when he plays…[is] in constant ebb and flow, but never disappearing. The successful goalie understands these neuroses, accepts them, and puts them under control. The unsuccessful goalie is distracted by them, his mind in knots, his body quickly following.
Well I'm not sure if it was intentional but you are bang on.

The whole point here is to make a joke out of it. Get the joke back to the players. Make them laugh about it, and get their mind off the stress.

Think about it. If the media jokes around with Price about going back to the white pads, well...We know the kind of guy he is. He might do it. And if he has a good game while wearing them, the players are going to rib him and tease him about it. And it'll become sort of a lucky charm.

In reality, it has nothing to do with anything. It's a psychological thing. Just like with Carbo's lucky tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
I remember hearing last year that Fleury was advised by someone to switch from yellow pads to white ones, I checked on Wikipedia and it was quoted as:

"While sidelined, Fleury decided to change the colour of his goaltending equipment from the bright yellow that had become his signature to plain white, in order to gain an optical advantage over shooters"

I don't know if its just me but Price looked a lot faster when he had his white pads on.
True, white pads don't frame you as much as coloured pads do, but that isn't really the point. It's about getting their mind off their bad play and only something ridiculous.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-12-2009 at 09:51 AM.
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
  #15
Dragon
Registered User
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Price is not the problem, coaching is!

Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:16 AM
  #16
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Well I'm not sure if it was intentional but you are bang on.

The whole point here is to make a joke out of it. Get the joke back to the players. Make them laugh about it, and get their mind off the stress.

Think about it. If the media jokes around with Price about going back to the white pads, well...We know the kind of guy he is. He might do it. And if he has a good game while wearing them, the players are going to rib him and tease him about it. And it'll become sort of a lucky charm.

In reality, it has nothing to do with anything. It's a psychological thing. Just like with Carbo's lucky tie.
wow
ok so maybe we should forward this post to carbo.

Hey Guy,
I think you should get Carey`s mind off important stuff and have him distracted on something as meaningless as the color of his equipment.
signed WD

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
  #17
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
You know, as silly as it is I actaully agree.

MAF got a letter from an optomitrist in Ottawa saying that his yellow pads made him statisically more likely to be scored on and that he should switch to white based pads. He switched to white pads after that.

Switch back to your white pads Carey!

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
  #18
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
wow
ok so maybe we should forward this post to carbo.

Hey Guy,
I think you should get Carey`s mind off important stuff and have him distracted on something as meaningless as the color of his equipment.
signed WD
Good job. Do you feel better now?

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
  #19
Riverboat Gambler
 
Riverboat Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ~ ~ ~
Country: Canada
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
One thing I've noticed with Price is that goals seem to be getting to him quite a bit of late. I only watched the 1st last night but on all the goals Price either looked toward his D-men or the Ref, as if he had no control and was completely defenceless vs. the Oilers. I guess Carey thinks his D or the ref put him in those positions.

IMO, it would serve Price well to never do that, or do it less...

Goals happen all the time in hockey, Price needs to get his focus back right away (even after the 3rd or 4the goal). This is a minor thing and only mental. If I could tell him to do something I'd say quit being such a wuss. Sometimes the key stop after you've already let in 4 is the difference in winning or loosing a game. Get back on your horse Cowboy Carey. Go for a skate to the corener and never look at your D, or the Ref after your scored on. You've got to forget it because the next shot is coming.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:45 AM
  #20
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Price is not the problem, coaching is!
You did watch last night right?

Carey Price has all the tools necessary to be a good goaltender in the NHL. The size, skill, etc.

What he doesn't have is the mental stability. I'm really thinking we're in serious trouble with this guy. It's beyond pathetic to watch him play right now.

If it were up to me he'd be in Hamilton tomorrow. I'm tired of all of the excuses for him. He's young, he's this and that.

He plain sucks right now. Actually sucks doesn't even cut it. It's beyond sucks.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
  #21
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,604
vCash: 500
Seriously, if possible, I'd consider calling up Desjardins and letting him start a game. That would knock some sense into Halak and Price.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
  #22
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Seriously, if possible, I'd consider calling up Desjardins and letting him start a game. That would knock some sense into Halak and Price.
I'd rather Marc Denis at this point.

Just get Price out of there now before he ends up in a rocking chair in a mental institute.

If we're going to turn Carey Price back in the right direction maybe going back to Hamilton for the rest of the season is the answer I don't know.

All I know is that if this keeps up he's going to be ruined very quickly.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
  #23
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt
 
hackeyisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
your solution is more retardedness from fans?
on second thought, a joke might be a good idea, too much tanking thought going around
whats the word for it


Last edited by hackeyisneat: 02-12-2009 at 10:02 AM.
hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
  #24
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
If we're going to turn Carey Price back in the right direction maybe going back to Hamilton for the rest of the season is the answer I don't know.
It definitely would be, but its not an option. He'd have to clear waivers as he has played over 80 games(he is under 80 if playoffs don't count, but i remember reading somewhere that they do).

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
  #25
Best Player Ever
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
All I have to say is that we are on the right path to effectively ruin Carey Price!!!! Making him the #1 goalie last year was too early. We rushed him and put too much pressure on him before he was ready to handle it. He needed to have at least 1 full season in Hamilton before he took over the #1 job in Montreal.

I'll admit, he has done decent in his short career, but right now its plain to see that he can't handle the pressure that has been put on him.

I know many of you will disagree with this comment, and thats fine....but as a former goalie, I know all about pressure and what it does to you....and right now Price is having a tough time dealing with the pressure from playing in Montreal, the media pressure and the fans pressure for him to do well and win games for the Habs.

If we could have broke him in slowly by letting him play most of the season in Hamilton, none of this would be happening right not. Carey thinks that he should be able to win because he won in junior and everything should just keep going but since he was never given time to adjust to the NHL game....he is starting to have a tough time.

The kid is 21 years old for petes sake. There was absolutely no reason to rush him!!!!

I completely agree...he was rushed way too early and what a brilliant move Gainey made last year by getting rid of Huet heading into the playoffs...To me this was the beginning of Carey's downfall...he just didn't have the personality to handle all the pressure that was being placed on him....You can't compare him to Ken Dryden, it's like comparing apples to oranges....Dryden was very mature for his age and had a veteran goalie to back him up if things started to get a bit rough....Carey, on the other hand, was and still is about as mature as a 14 or 15 year old at best.

Best Player Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.