HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

seperat the boys from the man/2nd haft of season.

Old
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
seperat the boys from the man/2nd haft of season.

This is the playoff push and we are witnessing who are the Boys and Men.
This team is trying again to get there coach's head and its looking great for them.

Last night, for those who think we played well and just lost cause of goal tending are looking at the wrong place. THEY CAN'T PLAY IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE. It was a love fest a center ice. I could name name but that beside the point.

This team needs more then grit and size or system. Wen you let other team skate with that much room in the neutral zone, the D backs up to fast, same with the goalies, little to no time to back check and it becomes a domino effect.
Blame the coach all you want, same with Price but seriously, I'm sure it's all their fault but wen I see this team playing like they did at center ice

What was funny last night ,Plekanec in the first five mins of the game, pushing and shoving after the whistle. First off, no one came to help, and he skates of like" Man I'm so tuff, I'm doing my job." Laraque him, what the heck is he doing. Sure he played hockey but like Wayne. No mean stretch there, none. Man he is scary to play against.

Koivu's line was the best out there and all I have to say is more of them PLEASE. Lapierre is not hot but he too plays decent. Komi looks smaller and smaller and seems to lack strength. Hurt still? Markov can't carry everything. Gorges is a #5 D, not a winger or a top 4. Bouillon is wearing down but gets my vote of silents(could still be replace for a better option)Kosto is a fourth liner able to help you at any line in most games but should always be a fourth liner. Dandy did ok in a bad roll.

the bottom line is that we would look a lot better if the guys played harder in the neutral zone. No more love tap with the stick, it's body positioning that works. This team is starting to look like a target practice, full of wholes in their game.
In the end, we are playing like Boys and Bob needs to bring in some real Men.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Joe Cole

True, this is where we separate the boys from the men.

I cannot see how all the off ice issues cannot be resolved with simple logic.

Worried/not happy about not having a contract? - Play hard. That only raises your value. If you are a first liner, you will make more. If you are 4th liner, you will recognized and get another contract.

Lack of leadership? - Someone stands up and says, "I am going to play with intensity, hit so hard, pass so accurate... I will do everything to the best of my ability. I expect the same from you. If I do not live up to that standard I just set for myself, tell me straight to my face. I will do the same to you."

Not happy with ice time? - When you ARE on the ice, do not let one second go where you are not 100% engaged in the play. Not a second where you are not trying to make something happen.

Want to be regarded as a serious pro, good team mate and have a long career? - Make it happen. No one else will pay your bill.

----and watch the separation between the boys and the men. Choose the men. Get rid of the boys.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
True, this is where we separate the boys from the men.

I cannot see how all the off ice issues cannot be resolved with simple logic.

Worried/not happy about not having a contract? - Play hard. That only raises your value. If you are a first liner, you will make more. If you are 4th liner, you will recognized and get another contract.

Lack of leadership? - Someone stands up and says, "I am going to play with intensity, hit so hard, pass so accurate... I will do everything to the best of my ability. I expect the same from you. If I do not live up to that standard I just set for myself, tell me straight to my face. I will do the same to you."

Not happy with ice time? - When you ARE on the ice, do not let one second go where you are not 100% engaged in the play. Not a second where you are not trying to make something happen.

Want to be regarded as a serious pro, good team mate and have a long career? - Make it happen. No one else will pay your bill.

----and watch the separation between the boys and the men. Choose the men. Get rid of the boys.
How come some of the men that gave us one of the best records in the NHL the 2nd half last year have turned to boys this year?

It's not as simple as you are saying. The problem is not guys stopped trying, on a lot of goals, we have guys trying to do somebody else's job...d-men chasing their partner's man, Price overplaying the shot and can't react to a pass.

The way you talk, guys have just stopped trying. If anything the guys are trying too hard and they end up accomplishing less, hockey is a game you can't play like a chicken with it's head cut off. You need intensity, but it has to be focused in the right place.

Right now we either have no system or have a system nobody wants to follow.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How come some of the men that gave us one of the best records in the NHL the 2nd half last year have turned to boys this year?

It's not as simple as you are saying. The problem is not guys stopped trying, on a lot of goals, we have guys trying to do somebody else's job...d-men chasing their partner's man, Price overplaying the shot and can't react to a pass.

The way you talk, guys have just stopped trying. If anything the guys are trying too hard and they end up accomplishing less, hockey is a game you can't play like a chicken with it's head cut off. You need intensity, but it has to be focused in the right place.

see your logic, and fear your last sentence. I must admit that no coach's system include soft play. Now in all honesty, it's either that we die with Carbo or hang him. My choice is the first. To many time this team has had the coach's job. Look at Julien, Therien(well last year) Vignault( spelling? sorry) all turn out to be good coaches, but many doughted there ability.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
habfan1968

The leaders on this team, one on each line must be leading. Last night Koivu led and his line looked good. Pleks played good and it showed in the stats. The guys who don't want to play for CH on their chest and are not playing well can GTFO and do it somewhere else a la Samsonov. If the players think they can manipulate the management into firing the coach again, they are mistaken. The group behind the bench can work for any team in the NHL and are respected around the league. If you are not willing to give 100% for Kirk Muller, Doug Jarvis and Guy Carbonneau and Bob Gainey then you need to Retire, quit , leave basically GTFO. We could play with mostly Bulldogs and get these results.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
habsdude

Plekanec = boy Kostopoulous = man Hey this ain't so hard!

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Everything in life is a choice. The difference between a great man, and an "also-ran" is a choice to be a great man. Take respsonibility for yourself.

I did not say that they stopped trying, that is what YOU read into it. What I said is that the players stopped believing that they could be great players and great team mates, and they fulfill that.

I spoke about focus, playing in a committed way. Not just running people through the boards. You read what you wanted to in my post.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote