HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

what will happen with carbo??

View Poll Results: What will happen with Carbo
He wil be fired within a week or so 30 18.52%
he will be fired at the end of the season 12 7.41%
he will resign because from embaressment 9 5.56%
both him and gainey will be fired before sesason end 7 4.32%
he will stay the coach for years to come 104 64.20%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
  #76
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot55 View Post
Gainey wont fire Carbo, but he might ask him to resign and place him in the office somewhere.

I really don't think this is a slump, to me it looks like they dont want to play for him anymore.
In my opinion he is trying to be there friends when he should be a boss. No one gets benched or sits in the press box besides Laraque.
No more field trips it should be 3 to 4 hour hard practices, its easier to play hard for 15/20 min a game then to practice hard for 3 or 4 hours.

This organization has got to stop assigning ex-players as coaches and get some one who has been a coach there whole career. John Tortorella is still available and he has lots of experience and won a cup. . Id give him a shot.

I dont think Carbs is a bad coach as much as I dont think he`s the right coach for this team.
Larque was hurt. Begin is the one being put in the stands for nothing. Him and Carbo hate each other for sure.

Hartley is available, has lots of experience and won a Cup...and He is bilingual, a must in Montreal.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
  #77
Slippy13
Registered User
 
Slippy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
My goodness would it be a happy day if we hired tortorella! We'd be a bunch of ****ing SOLDIERS out there!

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:24 AM
  #78
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
It's not Carbo's coaching. Am I the only one to notice that half the players on this team care and would go through a brick wall (Koivu, Kostopoulos, Lapierre, D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Gorges and even Higgins just to name a few) and the other half doesn't give a rat's ass out there? For **** sake, it could hit us like a sledge on the side of the head and people wouldn't see it? Get rid of Kovalev and his disciples and things will turn around!
It's the coach's responsibility to make sure ALL of his players give a rat's ass, by any means necessary. When you cannot accomplish this, the buck stops with the coach.


Last edited by Blind Gardien: 02-12-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Fear the Blind
BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:32 AM
  #79
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
My goodness would it be a happy day if we hired tortorella! We'd be a bunch of ****ing SOLDIERS out there!
I'd give him five games tops before his style got on the nerves of some of the players (Kovalev, I'm looking at you) and his inane ranting about goaltending put Price in a worse spot than he is now confidence-wise and the team starts getting blown out again.

Totally the wrong style of coach.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
  #81
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
It's the coach's responsibility to make sure ALL of his players give a rat's ass, by any means necessary. When you cannot accomplish this, the buck stops with the coach.
That's an easy, canned answer. Unfortunately, there's more to it than just that.

Get rid of a few floaters and see the team turn things around.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
  #82
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojp View Post
It's not Carbo...

It's Kovy and Koivu... They have their own clicks/followers. . . The team needs to freaking wake up and be a team and not a bunch of individuals...

Wathcing the Power play,,, I KNEW each time it's a freaking give and go to whom other then AKP27 (always keep the puck)...

arg...

Everything about your post is ridiculous. You're getting brainwashed by the french media saying that the lockeroom is seperated by clicks with Koivu and Kovalev. That is ********.

And about the powerplay, you cannot be more wrong. Watch the pp yesterday, Kovalev never kept the puck for himself.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
  #83
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Many players are not working hard - Carbo solution : sit Bégin, cancel practices, bring them golfing
PP not working - Carbo solution : put Gorges on the point, insert BGL and Kosto
Offense not working - Carbo solution : Have two defensemen play forward, mess up the lines so bad that he's succeeded in pisssing off and confusing every player
Morale not good - Carbo solution : Cancel practice, bowling party, fack up lineup, sit Bégin and SKost, have 2 Ds play forward, blast players in the media
Defense horrible - Carbo solution : Cancel practice, bowling party, practices are for losers
Price becoming a basket case - Carbo solution ut him in after Halak has decent game, leave him in there while he's playing like a Midget AA goalie and criticize him in the media afterwards

Did anyone notice how badly Lapierre played yesterday? Maybe he was a little pisssed at playing on the 4th with a goon and a D while a Left winger was centering the 3rd line.

Did anyone notice how badly Higgins played as a centerman?

Yea, and Carbo's not to blame at all...

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
  #84
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I am not here to start trouble but I have some questions to ask the Hab fan base here and I want to see how they differ from the people I know who are Hab fans.

If they fire Carbo do they also fire Jarvis and Muller ?

They are all defensive minded coaches so if one of those two took over would anything change ?

Some of the Hab fans I know say the team is divided into the Saku group and Kovalev group and that Carbo seems to be in the Saku group but most of the players are in the Kovalev group. Is this true ?
They can't fire Jarvis - he's the PP and defensemen coach! And they're on fire!
They can't fire Muller - he organizes the bowling parties! Morale has never been so good!

The sure can't fire Melanson - look at the fine work he's done with our goalies!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
  #85
Riot55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Larque was hurt. Begin is the one being put in the stands for nothing. Him and Carbo hate each other for sure.

Hartley is available, has lots of experience and won a Cup...and He is bilingual, a must in Montreal.
Yes, I forgot about Begin 1 of my favs out there and Hartley would be a good choice also.

Riot55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
  #86
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,877
vCash: 500
I don't think that Carbo's going anywhere but he should accept his fair share of blame for what's going on now...Some of Carbo's decisions have been questionable to say the least this season..The Habs are a mess and no one seems to care...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
  #87
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Many players are not working hard - Carbo solution : sit Bégin, cancel practices, bring them golfing
PP not working - Carbo solution : put Gorges on the point, insert BGL and Kosto
Offense not working - Carbo solution : Have two defensemen play forward, mess up the lines so bad that he's succeeded in pisssing off and confusing every player
Morale not good - Carbo solution : Cancel practice, bowling party, fack up lineup, sit Bégin and SKost, have 2 Ds play forward, blast players in the media
Defense horrible - Carbo solution : Cancel practice, bowling party, practices are for losers
Price becoming a basket case - Carbo solution ut him in after Halak has decent game, leave him in there while he's playing like a Midget AA goalie and criticize him in the media afterwards

Did anyone notice how badly Lapierre played yesterday? Maybe he was a little pisssed at playing on the 4th with a goon and a D while a Left winger was centering the 3rd line.

Did anyone notice how badly Higgins played as a centerman?

Yea, and Carbo's not to blame at all...
You forget that before yesterday, he gave his players an opportunity to play on common lines: and they didn't take that opportunity.

Still, he found a great combination yesterday: Dandenault + Plekanec.

Starting form that, he can build his lineup.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.