HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/11 The NY Rangers vs The Washington Capitals: The Man Up Edition

Old
02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
ok....if you take naslund, gomez, drury, redden, rozsival, zherdev, dubinsky, voros, mara, and girardi off the power play who are you putting in to take there place?

The only player that shouldn't get consistant time is voros....you want to play korps and callahan on the power play.....i'm down with that but to remove both gomez and drury would be insane....i mean the rangers NEED those two players to get going on the power play....They NEED them too.....

Btw does the coach not coach the team into a great defensive system that normally doesn't give up many goals? What about the penalty kill? Do you think the coaches don't get involved with that?
we need to score goals right? many teams use 4 forwards, some, 5 forwards on the pp.

heres my pp unit. for the entire 2 minutes assuming we go that long before we commit a penalty.

dubi, dawes, zherdev, nazy, mara

i would have zherdev handle the puck. tell him you run the pp bro. be creative. imagine this guy with the time and space the pp allows at the point on the pp. hes our best passer hands down.

mara stays high and just fires away from the point.

dubi gives us size for the front.

dawes has the quick release to snipe corners.

nazy can snipe away.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
$6.5 million just doesn't buy you what it used to anymore.
I would say the same thing if he was making the league minimum. I'm talking purely about what he's doing on the ice right now.

02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
we need to score goals right? many teams use 4 forwards, some, 5 forwards on the pp.

heres my pp unit. for the entire 2 minutes assuming we go that long before we commit a penalty.

i would have zherdev handle the puck. tell him you run the pp bro. be creative. imagine this guy with the time and space the pp allows at the point on the pp. hes our best passer hands down.

mara stays high and just fires away from the point.

dubi gives us size for the front.

dawes has the quick release to snipe corners.

nazy can snipe away.
and who is playing the point?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Fletch

crossbar..

I don't mind using forwards on the point, but you need to make sure that forward is better than a defenseman from the point and the unit wouldn't be better with him as a foward. I like SBOB's idea of having Zherdev on the point, out of the choices, but think he's better distributing the puck down low - I want Z to touch the puck as much as possible and I want he and Gomez to move around as much as possible.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Naslund-Drury-Dubinsky
Rozsival/Mara-Zherdev

This should be the top Power Play unit.

Zherdev runs the PP from the point/half boards, Dubinsky plants himself in front of the net. Drury hovers around the net looking for quick shots and dirty goals.

Naslund looks for open ice, while Rozsival (if he could get it in his head to shoot the damn puck)/Mara are available for huge blasts from the point.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I actually hate the idea of Zherdev on the point, too carefree with the puck

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I actually hate the idea of Zherdev on the point, too carefree with the puck
I prefer "carefree" to "stupid," which is how I would describe the decision-making by the guy who runs the PP these days.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
All I can think right now is-

Renney - "Hank please, pretty please, dont let them booo me at home, win this one for your coach buddy"

Hank - "I'll try coach, but even if we shut them out I think they should be booing you"

Gomez - "Hey Hank, you want to spend the rest of your career losing when you give up 1, 2 goals a game? I didn't think so, tank this ****er and get this defensive minded stooge **** canned. I was talking to Dru, Nas and Nicky and we all promise to start scoring once he's gone."

Hank - "Ah, I dont think I can throw the game gomer, but if you can get Renney to play a bunch of offensive Dpairs in front of me tonight and call it defense....wait, nevermind."

Avery - "Let me coach this *****, I dont mind Tom's sloppy seconds. I'll wear better suits on the bench"

Pearn - " Can I stay when you take over Sean?"

Avery - "Sure thing Perry, you can kneel at the bench so I can kick you in the ass every time our powerplay fails you offensively inept jackoff"

the end.....

sorry I've officially cracked
that all funny, but trust me, it would not make much difference with another coach. Yes we may have a few more goals, but in all honesty we would be lower in the standings. This is because the guys we have are not as offensively skilled as other teams. Trying to play a run and gun style with guys like Drury, or Naslund does just not work. Gomez and Zherdev are the only guys that would benefit from a more offensively minded game, and even they do not match up with others teams top two players.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
mara and zherdev.

Old
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=offdacrossbar;17883492]
Quote:
yes many deeper teams use 4 and 5 forwards...i think the rangers should try something like that...
Quote:

for the entire two minutes? what teams play guys for the entire 2 minutes?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I really like Dubi in front of the net on the PP. I also don't like the idea of Zherdev on the point.

The bigger problem with the PP isn't so much the players as it is the system. Redden is in the fan's doghouse right now but I really think he'd be a lot more affective if we worked a different system. Redden has a nice low shot, I can't understand why we don't get it to him to shoot it more from the point. Mara and Rozy have nice shots from the point, Girardi is slumping lets put Staal in his place.

Oh, and for christ sakes get Voros miles away from our PP units.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:05 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I don't mind using forwards on the point, but you need to make sure that forward is better than a defenseman from the point and the unit wouldn't be better with him as a foward. I like SBOB's idea of having Zherdev on the point, out of the choices, but think he's better distributing the puck down low - I want Z to touch the puck as much as possible and I want he and Gomez to move around as much as possible.
our dmen at the point have not done the job all season. they dont create. whats to lose?

see, if you watch effective pp units throughout the league, the unit moves and changes its position depending on where the puck is and what the defense gives you.
our pp stands still and passes around the perimiter. with our pp, you could use 5 defenseman, and im sure renney has given that some thought, and it would all be the same. who cares whos at the point as long as they get the job done.

the pp is all about attacking. it makes perfect sense that a renney led team would suk horse on the pp, its the one and only time the team cant play defense and must attack.

Old
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
we should erally get Korpi and Cally significant powerplay time. Both have excellent hands.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
that all funny, but trust me, it would not make much difference with another coach. Yes we may have a few more goals, but in all honesty we would be lower in the standings. This is because the guys we have are not as offensively skilled as other teams. Trying to play a run and gun style with guys like Drury, or Naslund does just not work. Gomez and Zherdev are the only guys that would benefit from a more offensively minded game, and even they do not match up with others teams top two players.
Wait, your telling me you think our personel is more suited toward a defensive game than an offensive one????

Offensive minded players -
gomez, zherdev, dawes, drury, naslund, dubinsky, prucha, sjo
mara, redden, rosival, girardi, kalinan

Defensive minded players -
Betts, voros, callahan, orr
staal, rietz

Sorry, but I'll take my chances with an offensive system, especially with hank in net...

incase anyone hasn't realized this yet, we dont lose so often because we cant score, we lose because we aren't trying to score, and sure enough every game there is atleast 2 or 3 defensive breakdowns by these offensive players and we lose 2-1, 3-2 or 1-0.

If anyone tells me this team is actively trying to score at this point I think your crazy... they are trying not to make mistakes, and hoping for a perfect chance all while thinking defense, christ, the only times anyone has ever been benched on this team was for trying to be to "fancy" with the puck, or in reality "to offensively minded"... you cant be an offensive force if your afraid to be creative with the puck..

I like Renney, but this aint the personel for his system, the only logical move is firing him, because Sather likes to collect shiny free agent toys, and those usually aint defense first guys...

the only we were so successful with jagr in renney's system is because the puck rarely left the offensive zone with him on the ice

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner;17884057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

yes many deeper teams use 4 and 5 forwards...i think the rangers should try something like that...

for the entire two minutes? what teams play guys for the entire 2 minutes?
teams that actually control the puck in the offensive zone for more than 20 secs before they have to go the length of the ice over and over again.

if we must, replace mara with staal. keep the forwards out there until they have to change

Old
02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
First off...why do you few wishing the Rangers lose even bother coming here? I don't post here much, but I do read it often and it's embarassing. Seriously, I hate 'fans' like you.

That was a fun game to watch last night. Good stuff! I wanted to choke Gomez for that penalty he took early while the Rangers were rolling and our PP is disgusting still, but it was finally a good effort by the whole team. This IS a good team when they play like they did last night.

And fight fans...

Notice Orr not going in like a rabid, swingin' gorilla since the Goddard fight? This guy, I believe, can beat anyone in the league. Especially when he tosses em patiently like he did last night against Brashear and the other night against Rupp. WTG Orr!
Agreed. Orr can throw better than most in the league. He's got the most dangerous right hand in the league, bar none.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Great pictures. I wish I could find the puck in the first Nazzy shot.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
awesome pics
Great job! I love the Naslund congratulatory pic!

PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Great job! I love the Naslund congratulatory pic!
Is it just me or does he always look pissed off after scoring a goal?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Like the Graves night game when he tied it up and Zherdev jumped him and he was like grr get off me.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Naslund seems like a very serious guy to me, both on the ice and during interviews.

Speaking of which, I actually really appreciate the amount he seems to talk to the media, which is actually quite a bit. Seems like Sam, Zipay, and Brooks always have a line or two from Naslund. I think he's done a really good job absorbing some of the media coverage. Kudos to Markus.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Macke*

Someone want to make a

Naslund: Serious Business pic?

Anyways I didn't get to see this game..just the OT but did the Rangers actual play an offensive game and score goals..and win?

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
segmentation fault
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Great pictures. I wish I could find the puck in the first Nazzy shot.
I thought it was the black thing at first, but upon closer examination it was the toe of a skate.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post

Anyways I didn't get to see this game..just the OT but did the Rangers actual play an offensive game and score goals..and win?
Welcome to the twilight zone.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote