HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2 Drury Trade proposals

Old
02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Gomez to the Avs sounds good, him & Ryan Smyth can pass the puck to one another & never score.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
his 7M number is killing us int he cap department
What has his 7m cap hit killed? What has it prevented?

I'm all for trading Drury when we need the cap space.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Of all the overpaid players on this team(Drury, Gomez, Redden, Kalinin, Prucha, Voros..) Drury is the one I'd least like to see go.

Gomez probably has the best trade value, next to Prucha if a team looks at him as someone that will turn his game around in a new city. Drury has the leadership aspect going for him, Redden is not going anywhere for the time being.

I don't see us being sellers at the deadline, and that's the only way I see us seriously shopping Gomez, Drury, or anyone other than Prucha, Dawes, etc.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So you're going to remove Drury without taking any salary back in return? Good luck with that.
And I said thats how it would work where exactly? I'm rather certain that I stated the reason to trade Drury is to remove his 7 mill cap hit for the next three seasons. The fact that salary would be coming back in any trade is rather implicit but I'm sure your post helped out the slower posters and readers on the board.

Again :

Last edited by D713B: 02-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
And I said thats how it would work where exactly? I'm rather certain that I stated the reason to trade Drury is to remove his 7 mill cap hit for the next three seasons. The fact that salary would be coming back in any trade is rather implicit but I'm sure your post helped out the slower posters and readers on the board.

Again :

Implicit now that you've been called out on it of course. So explain to me how taking cap back results in 7 mil off our books for the next 3 years?

Which is exactly what you said:

Quote:
Removes 7 million from our cap for the following three seasons.
Get off your high-horse before you fall off it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
D713B

Quote:

Implicit now that you've been called out on it of course. So explain to me how taking cap back results in 7 mil off our books for the next 3 years?

Which is exactly what you said:

Get off your high-horse before you fall off it.
Called out on something so painfully obvious that it goes without saying. Sorry but your the one on the high horse prancing around pointing out the obvious.

Someone asked what the point of trading Drury is. Simple answer, it removes 7 million from our cap the next three seasons. Sorry I don't have the magical off-setting number since we're discussing hypotheticals. But next time I post I'll be sure to spell out every minute detail for my fellow ignoramus posters on the board.

But hey, thanks for doubting the collective intelligence of others. I couldn't fathom how we would have discussions about such simple processes without someone to point out such minutiae. Not sure what I would have done with out that complex detail being pointed out.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Called out on something so painfully obvious that it goes without saying. Sorry but your the one on the high horse prancing around pointing out the obvious.

Someone asked what the point of trading Drury is. Simple answer, it removes 7 million from our cap the next three seasons. Sorry I don't have the magical off-setting number since we're discussing hypotheticals. But next time I post I'll be sure to spell out every minute detail for my fellow ignoramus posters on the board.

But hey, thanks for doubting the collective intelligence of others. I couldn't fathom how we would have discussions about such simple processes without someone to point out such minutiae. Not sure what I would have done with out that complex detail being pointed out.
I pointed out that unless you traded him with no salary coming back, your answer was wrong as it doesn't encompass the probable result. Taking a salary back that reduces that 7 mil in free space to 3 mil in free space, isn't a minute detail in any sense of the phrase.

It has nothing to do with anyone other than yourself. I don't understand why the common alternative for "Gee, maybe I should have clarified that" is "That's so freaking obvious that I shouldn't have to say it, stop insulting me!"

And yes, there are plenty of people who know nothing about the salary cap, trading or anything of the sort and simply come to this site to discuss the Rangers and their prospects because they enjoy it. What is obvious to you is often brand new to someone else.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
D713B

Quote:
I pointed out that unless you traded him with no salary coming back, your answer was wrong as it doesn't encompass the probable result. Taking a salary back that reduces that 7 mil in free space to 3 mil in free space, isn't a minute detail in any sense of the phrase.

It has nothing to do with anyone other than yourself. I don't understand why the common alternative for "Gee, maybe I should have clarified that" is "That's so freaking obvious that I shouldn't have to say it, stop insulting me!"

And yes, there are plenty of people who know nothing about the salary cap, trading or anything of the sort and simply come to this site to discuss the Rangers and their prospects because they enjoy it. What is obvious to you is often brand new to someone else.
Sorry, I don't buy that anyone is foolish enough to not comprehend that by removing one players salary in a trade doesn't bring back someone elses salary in return. I've never come across anyone that ignorant. We're not talking about the complexities of the salary cap here.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy that anyone is foolish enough to not comprehend that by removing one players salary in a trade doesn't bring back someone elses salary in return. I've never come across anyone that ignorant. We're not talking about the complexities of the salary cap here.
I've come across at least a dozen just this week. Hell, I've come across posters that didn't even realize the NHL had a salary cap because they're new to the sport and looking for a place to educate themselves a little.

All we ask here is that you try to be polite about the discussion instead of hurling insults at people.

Old
02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
The defense would like to introduce into evidence exhibit A

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

and exhibit B

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

The defense believes both are sufficient evidence that there are real-world, including but not limited to financial considerations, not understood by many when considering trades in the NHL.

Old
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
D713B

Quote:
I've come across at least a dozen just this week. Hell, I've come across posters that didn't even realize the NHL had a salary cap because they're new to the sport and looking for a place to educate themselves a little.

All we ask here is that you try to be polite about the discussion instead of hurling insults at people.
So your above that then? If you feel I was impolite in my response to someones post then what exactly would you consider your response to me? It was just as short and curt as mine. Seems to be the pot calling the kettle black to me. Or are moderators above the "code"?

As for people not understanding that by trading a player(s) who makes a salary and getting a player(s) back who also makes a salary, that you then have some sort of far out mathematically complex difference to be figured out between the two salaries, then quite frankly I don't care if I'm talking over there head. You can check my post history to see that I do in fact take plenty of time out to explain to people when I feel it to be necessary or see their trying to learn but I'm not a kindergarten teacher nor do I care to be one on a forum where 99% of the people have an equal understanding of the topics being discussed. Sorry but I don't feel a moral obligation to spell out every simple implied detail when your average HF poster is on the same level, otherwise I'm pretty sure the forum wouldn't function if we were all hockey illiterate for the most part. Furthermore I wouldn't expect my peers on HF to bother reading my posts if I went into grand detail on every simple concept thats discussed.

Old
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I'd do it if only to pass on Gaborik in the off-season and free up the cap space. Though my guess is the Wild are looking for some goal scoring if they give up Gaborik. Also, I'm not 100% on this but didn't Lemaire have a slightly negative opinion of Gomez while he was with the Devils?

On the other hand, I don't trust Sather and unused cap money.
I should have been more specific.

I meant Drury.

My fault.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:
So you're going to remove Drury without taking any salary back in return? Good luck with that.
Yeah, he either believes in miracles or plays alot of powerball

Old
02-11-2009, 10:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I'd do it if only to pass on Gaborik in the off-season and free up the cap space. Though my guess is the Wild are looking for some goal scoring if they give up Gaborik. Also, I'm not 100% on this but didn't Lemaire have a slightly negative opinion of Gomez while he was with the Devils?

On the other hand, I don't trust Sather and unused cap money.
Was Lemaire still in the organization when Gomez was a rookie? They won the Cup that year under Robinson, who took over for Ftorek with something like 8 games left in the season.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
satrabyk

Sorry but for a team to take on Drury and his miserable long contract, they would have to be some kind of disfunctional blind impulsive ritard. The kind that goes by the name of Sather. If onyl he was in a market in which money mattered, he would have no chance at all. Why cant they guy just resign and let some real people run the show.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru23 View Post
So moving Drury solves what? More ice time for Sean Avery? Fire Sather and Renney and move on. Get some new blood up top and start from there
Moving drury and than Redden.... and the Rozi, Voros, Naslund, would do wonders for this team now and especially in the near future.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:02 AM
agentzzz

Quote:

But stating that it removes 7 million from our cap is a minute detail. the simple answer is not that it removes 7 million from the cap.that answer is obviously incorrect. the simple answer is it'll dump some salary. by stating 7 million you're adding the minute details that you claim you feel you don't need to add cause it should be obvious. Because you added an $ amount to it people responded to your answer, if you didn't add the detail of a $ amount no one would of said anything.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Only Donnie Walsh could rid us of the terrible three contracts.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 01:32 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentzzz View Post
But stating that it removes 7 million from our cap is a minute detail. the simple answer is not that it removes 7 million from the cap.that answer is obviously incorrect. the simple answer is it'll dump some salary. by stating 7 million you're adding the minute details that you claim you feel you don't need to add cause it should be obvious. Because you added an $ amount to it people responded to your answer, if you didn't add the detail of a $ amount no one would of said anything.
Wow, you have got to be effing kidding with this still...

It's actually not a minute detail. Its simply the pertinent detail that we would be removing Chris Drury's 7 million dollar salary from our cap situation for the next 3 seasons. Which is all I stated, simply and concisely. I made no statement of who would be coming back only who would be leaving so why would I make up an imaginary salary if its implicit that a trade in fact means a swap of assets.

And if you really want me to play extreme devils advocate here to get you detail gestapos off my back, whose to say we wouldn't take a 7th round draft pick for him?? Do those come with cap hits???

Old
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Only Donnie Walsh could rid us of the terrible three contracts.
How were the Rangers going to fit Sundin under the cap?

Old
02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
The problem with trading Drury besides his NTC/NMC is that no one is going to take on his 7mil salary. He is the one player that I feel we are truly stuck with. (Redden we could put in the minors if we had to)
We all know Redden will not be sent to the Minors until he plays like he belongs there (see Kasparaitis) and we know that wont happen for atleast 3 mpore seasons

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I should have been more specific.

I meant Drury.

My fault.
Not at all. I don't know why I assumed you were talking about Gomez in a Drury thread. Too much going on at work yesterday I guess.

Old
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Moving drury and than Redden.... and the Rozi, Voros, Naslund, would do wonders for this team now and especially in the near future.
why move Naslund and Rozy? They're playing near a level i'd expect them to for veterans making what they are...

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote