HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2/10 - 7:30PM - Tampa Bay VS Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
IcePalace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Monkess View Post
Toronto get the 1st?
Quote of the year my friend, quote of the year.

Old
02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
The ****ing more I see that ****ing replay the more ****ing pissed off I ****ing get. **** those *******s in Toronto. ****ing mother****ing ********ers.
just change the channel man, it's not worth it

Old
02-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
The ****ing more I see that ****ing replay the more ****ing pissed off I ****ing get. **** those *******s in Toronto. ****ing mother****ing ********ers.
Great. Not only did we lose the game but OR is going to have a ****ing heart attack on us.

Old
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
gobolt7

I know we just got ****ed in the worst ****ing way possible, but I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

Our last two games have been against the two worst ****ing teams in the Eastern Conference, and all we can come up with is 2 ****ing goals? When your season is on the line? Are you ******** me? You mean to tell me that with all the offensive talent that this team has, the best you can do is 2 ****ing goals from Gary ****ing Roberts? Am I the only one that is outraged by this? I am sorry, I know we got screwed again tonight, but I am getting sick and ****ing tired of this team not getting the job done.

Blame the refs all you want, and god knows they deserve it, but this starts and ends with our guys not getting the job done as far as I am concerned.

Old
02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
I know we just got ****ed in the worst ****ing way possible, but I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

Our last two games have been against the two worst ****ing teams in the Eastern Conference, and all we can come up with is 2 ****ing goals? When your season is on the line? Are you ******** me? You mean to tell me that with all the offensive talent that this team has, the best you can do is 2 ****ing goals from Gary ****ing Roberts? Am I the only one that is outraged by this? I am sorry, I know we got screwed again tonight, but I am getting sick and ****ing tired of this team not getting the job done.

Blame the refs all you want, and god knows they deserve it, but this starts and ends with our guys not getting the job done as far as I am concerned.
Two people to heart attacks! Thanks alot NHL! But it doesn't really bother me because this isn't a playoff team anyway, the hot streak was nice but this is a bad team with a few good players. We need to trade Roberts/Recchi/anything else at the deadline and build up all the picks we can. We do have a much better future than we did under Feaster but we are not a playoff team yet.

Old
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
nothingtosee
female fan

gobolt7 i think this is why im not killing myself over this. we had 5 PP and the only goal scored is short handed? are you kidding? our goalies are for the most part working their butts off and we cant even get a PP goal

Old
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Most people have been willing to admit that the refs got it wrong. Toronto hates this ownership group, and hell, I do too, but that doesn't mean you screw the team over and blow a bunch of calls in game.

Old
02-11-2009, 06:29 AM
ImaPuckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Most people have been willing to admit that the refs got it wrong. Toronto hates this ownership group, and hell, I do too, but that doesn't mean you screw the team over and blow a bunch of calls in game.
If Toronto hates this ownership group then what was the excuse before this when they screwed us on calls?

Here is my question - the ref was right there at the goal line looking down into the net but he waived it off before he even made it to the goal line to look if the puck was over the line.

Here is my concern - we lost every battle for a loose puck, we threw some checks but never came away with the puck when we did that. We backed off the blue line even when it was 1 attacker coming alone against both our D men. They always had 2 guys wide open to pass to and we could not find one guy open.

We got our butts handed to us by the second worst team in the league. Put a fork in this season - it's DONE!

Frankly this ownership scares the heck out of me for the trade deadline! Just do not trade the MVP line or Stamkos or Smitty. Everyone else can go.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:02 AM
IcePalace

Keep Malone too please!

Old
02-11-2009, 02:09 PM
ImaPuckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
Keep Malone too please!
I would like him a lot more if he did not tend to take not only dumb penalties but at really bad times.

Good to have a player that has his grit - I just think he has to be smarter on the ice and remember that stuff he got away without being called had alot to do with being on Sid's team. He is with the b@stard child of the NHL - Da Bolts, and will not get away with anything.

Old
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
IcePalace

I suppose. He does take a good amount of penalties (which is good for me because he's on my fantasy team ), but I wouldn't say that they are dumb or at bad times. He does take his fair share of PIM, but I think it tends to be because of his style and size.

He's a smart player and he's got great hands around the net. He's not afraid to drop the gloves or give a hit. He's good at puck possession, especially on the PK. I notice him a lot on the ice and it's rarely for bad reasons.

I mostly enjoy his character though. He seems to be a really nice guy and he's always smiling on the ice. He used to get in trouble for doing that by his former coach, lol. He looks like he's having fun, which makes me have fun.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Old
02-12-2009, 06:16 AM
ImaPuckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Defintely not a goal - the puck is clearly behind the post - right Toronto?????

The NHL needs to fix its officiating - its the worst in all of professional sports!

Old
02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

It isn't already fixed?

Old
02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
VoteNOB

I can't for the life of me understand how that wasn't a goal. I mean seriously, Mr. Magoo could have seen that. What really sucks about it is that it keeps happening, it's not just once or twice a season, it's quite a few times a season and we have no recourse. There's a not a damn thing we can do but continue to be screwed by the Refs and the NHL replay officials. Jeebus, cut us some freeking slack here, we fired Melrose , quit punishing us for hiring the idiot. LOL

Closed Thread