HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Denver attending an Avs game

Old
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Visiting Denver attending an Avs game

Hello Avs Fans,
I am in Denver for the weekend and want to check out an Avs game. Any suggestions on how to go about getting tickets? Are there scalpers out in front of the stadium? I want to spend as little as possible.

Thanks for your time!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Golden Foppa

These days just find a scalper outside of the arena near Brooklyn's. You should be able to get a very good deal. Most season ticket holders have had a hard time selling tickets for half of face value lately. You should be able to get a really good deal on some good seats. Friday night and against Montreal will have higher demand than a Tuesday night against a crappy franchise, but you should still be able to find some tickets at a good price.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
These days just find a scalper outside of the arena near Brooklyn's. You should be able to get a very good deal. Most season ticket holders have had a hard time selling tickets for half of face value lately. You should be able to get a really good deal on some good seats. Friday night and against Montreal will have higher demand than a Tuesday night against a crappy franchise, but you should still be able to find some tickets at a good price.
Awesome, thanks for the tips. I know in South Florida, getting tickets from a scalper is no problem and is actually a better deal most of the time. Doors open an hour before the game?

Old
02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Rattrick

Would you guys recommend the Blue Sky Grill? I'm here with a girl I'm dating and we are going to be all over the place tomorrow so I thought that might be a nice place to do a nice dinner. Thoughts?

Old
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Would you guys recommend the Blue Sky Grill? I'm here with a girl I'm dating and we are going to be all over the place tomorrow so I thought that might be a nice place to do a nice dinner. Thoughts?
No, I don't recommend it.

It's also worth noting I've never been there, nor have heard of it before. But if I were you, I wouldn't go.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
I've never had dinner there, but you could give yourself a bit more time before the game and find a decent restaurant in the Lodo area. Don't know what your budget is, but there's a relatively new Oceanaire restaurant at Arapahoe and 14th St. Good food, kind of expensive, still close to the Arena.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
I'd check out Lodo and the 16th street mall for dinner and drinks.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
When I get to Denver, I make it a point to eat at the Chop House. The pepper encrusted NY strip steak and outmeal stout are awesome!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote