HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ryan bayda - could he be had

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2004, 05:42 PM
  #1
AG9NK35DT8*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx/Queens, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
ryan bayda - could he be had

here are his pro stats, from what i understand he is a top prospect for carolina a lw and nhl ready.he has high potential and is agood prospect in general , i'd say second liner with out a doubt.

RYAN BAYDA
Carolina Hurricanes | LW | #16
Rookie Yr: 2002
Ht., Wt.: 5'11", 185
NHL Exp.: 2
Born: Dec 9, 1980 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

CAREER
Year Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA Shots Shot%
2002-03 CAR 25 4 10 14 -5 16 0 4 0 0 49 8.2
2003-04 CAR 44 3 3 6 -14 22 0 0 0 0 65 4.6
Totals 69 7 13 20 -19 38 0 4 0 0 114 6.1

could he be had and what would it take? maybe something like a draft choice or a ok prospect and like a 6th or 7 th rounder if its worth it, just curious , he is a lw and we are short on them maybe him and zigomanis could be acquired.

AG9NK35DT8* is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:01 PM
  #2
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
here are his pro stats, from what i understand he is a top prospect for carolina a lw and nhl ready.he has high potential and is agood prospect in general , i'd say second liner with out a doubt.

RYAN BAYDA
Carolina Hurricanes | LW | #16
Rookie Yr: 2002
Ht., Wt.: 5'11", 185
NHL Exp.: 2
Born: Dec 9, 1980 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

CAREER
Year Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA Shots Shot%
2002-03 CAR 25 4 10 14 -5 16 0 4 0 0 49 8.2
2003-04 CAR 44 3 3 6 -14 22 0 0 0 0 65 4.6
Totals 69 7 13 20 -19 38 0 4 0 0 114 6.1

could he be had and what would it take? maybe something like a draft choice or a ok prospect and like a 6th or 7 th rounder if its worth it, just curious , he is a lw and we are short on them maybe him and zigomanis could be acquired.
Bayda doesnt blow me away, but if he could be had for say Juris Stals and a 6th i'd do it.

icthelight is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:21 PM
  #3
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Juris Stals and a sixth?

at least the guy is in the NHL

in the hall is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:22 PM
  #4
barnaby63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
here are his pro stats, from what i understand he is a top prospect for carolina a lw and nhl ready.he has high potential and is agood prospect in general , i'd say second liner with out a doubt.

RYAN BAYDA
Carolina Hurricanes | LW | #16
Rookie Yr: 2002
Ht., Wt.: 5'11", 185
NHL Exp.: 2
Born: Dec 9, 1980 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

CAREER
Year Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA Shots Shot%
2002-03 CAR 25 4 10 14 -5 16 0 4 0 0 49 8.2
2003-04 CAR 44 3 3 6 -14 22 0 0 0 0 65 4.6
Totals 69 7 13 20 -19 38 0 4 0 0 114 6.1

could he be had and what would it take? maybe something like a draft choice or a ok prospect and like a 6th or 7 th rounder if its worth it, just curious , he is a lw and we are short on them maybe him and zigomanis could be acquired.

If he is a top prospect for Carolina why would they trade him for a crap prospect or a 6th rounder? Would you trade a guaranteed 2nd liner for that?

And what makes you say he is a guaranteed 2nd liner? Because of his potential? Daigle was supposed to be a guaranteed star as well...

barnaby63 is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:33 PM
  #5
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Juris Stals is a career minor leaguer. Best case scenario he'll wind up like Gernander has, but that's optimistic, same goes for Layne Ulmer and Martin Grenier... other guys I'm close to declaring AHLers are Chad Wiseman and Jeff Heerema.

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:45 PM
  #6
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Juris Stals is a career minor leaguer. Best case scenario he'll wind up like Gernander has, but that's optimistic, same goes for Layne Ulmer and Martin Grenier... other guys I'm close to declaring AHLers are Chad Wiseman and Jeff Heerema.
I was being more sarcastic than truthful, i wouldnt want Bayda and wouldnt give up much to get him

icthelight is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 06:57 PM
  #7
AG9NK35DT8*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx/Queens, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
imo i say nyr has to make some trades for young lw's and centers since they dont have a great selection if really any at all, if not sather once again will be signing 2 old guys to fill those spots. i would much rather get some youth through trade or if not f.a's, and get them on the wings right away. but sather needs to get what we need a couple lw's and a couple centers, only young guys. if not we have to wait and see who pans out from the drafts we pick and that can be a long wait, and i dont want to see old guy after old guy after old guy signed to fill a spot that was needed and should have been handled now ( in 2004 ), like i said throuh trade most likely, if not the f.a's.

AG9NK35DT8* is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 07:52 PM
  #8
AG9NK35DT8*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx/Queens, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
If he is a top prospect for Carolina why would they trade him for a crap prospect or a 6th rounder? Would you trade a guaranteed 2nd liner for that?

And what makes you say he is a guaranteed 2nd liner? Because of his potential? Daigle was supposed to be a guaranteed star as well...
see my idea to get bayda is a little more realistic than yours , u know the phx and nyr deal....

Originally Posted by barnaby63
To New York:
Jeff Taffe
Kris Kolanos
Joe Callahan
Conditional 2005 3rd round draft pick(GP by Kolanos)

To Phoneix:
Karel Rachunek
Blair Betts


damn are u serious that deal is absolutley pathetic from my eyes. betts 3 surgeries in what 3 years on his shoulder. so your deal is rachunek for all those guys.l :lol :lol you should be ashamed as a hockey fan to even post someting that , whats the right word so i dont insult any body, how about silly. why would u make a proposal that SILLY.

AG9NK35DT8* is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 08:28 PM
  #9
barnaby63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
see my idea to get bayda is a little more realistic than yours , u know the phx and nyr deal....

Originally Posted by barnaby63
To New York:
Jeff Taffe
Kris Kolanos
Joe Callahan
Conditional 2005 3rd round draft pick(GP by Kolanos)

To Phoneix:
Karel Rachunek
Blair Betts


damn are u serious that deal is absolutley pathetic from my eyes. betts 3 surgeries in what 3 years on his shoulder. so your deal is rachunek for all those guys.l :lol :lol you should be ashamed as a hockey fan to even post someting that , whats the right word so i dont insult any body, how about silly. why would u make a proposal that SILLY.

So your way of defending your trade idea is to bring up someone elses idea when it was the original idea of a Coyotes fan?

Kids.

barnaby63 is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 08:37 PM
  #10
thrill89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Raunchek or Poti for Taffe or Sjostrum

I pray the Coyotes would do this trade... They get a defenseman who is still young and we get one of their top five prospects. i would add even Lundmark and Poti for both of these players. i know the Rangers love defenseman Logan Stephensen at the draft also so maybe take poti and Lundmark for Taffe, stephenson and a second rd pick in next year draft.

thrill89 is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 08:55 PM
  #11
AG9NK35DT8*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx/Queens, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill89
I pray the Coyotes would do this trade... They get a defenseman who is still young and we get one of their top five prospects. i would add even Lundmark and Poti for both of these players. i know the Rangers love defenseman Logan Stephensen at the draft also so maybe take poti and Lundmark for Taffe, stephenson and a second rd pick in next year draft.
deal seems alot more realistic.. not like others. i would add lundmark also if thats what it took.

AG9NK35DT8* is offline  
Old
08-15-2004, 11:04 PM
  #12
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
I was being more sarcastic than truthful, i wouldnt want Bayda and wouldnt give up much to get him
Oh I hear ya... I wasn't making reference to your comment, I just saw Stals and thought I'd comment on him... I think a trade involving Stals and a 6th round pick would just be termed "FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS." :lol

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 08:43 AM
  #13
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Juris Stals is a career minor leaguer. Best case scenario he'll wind up like Gernander has, but that's optimistic, same goes for Layne Ulmer and Martin Grenier... other guys I'm close to declaring AHLers are Chad Wiseman and Jeff Heerema.
He's a darkhorse to make the NHL...He's small but is a good skater and has a fairly good skill set. He could make the NHL...he had a good training camp last year.
Chad Wiseman needs to adapt
Hereema needs to develop consistancy

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 09:54 AM
  #14
nyr7andcounting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Bayda doesn't impress me and I don't think I would give up anything young for him. If he were part of a package for someone like say, Poti, then he wouldn't be a bad option.... but theres no way I'm calling Carolina and asking if Bayda is avalible. He is on the smallish side and I really don't see him becoming any better than some of the guys we already have in our system. I would rather give Lundmark a shot at 2nd LW this year. That would mean Bayda either has to play 1st line or 4th line, because in my mind Lundmark and Murray are the 2nd/3rd line LW's. And, Bayda can't play 1st line, wouldn't want him there, and it would be a waste if he was playing 4th line. I wouldn't trade for him.

nyr7andcounting is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
  #15
barnaby63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Heerema is no longer with the Rangers organization.

barnaby63 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 11:27 AM
  #16
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
He's a darkhorse to make the NHL...He's small but is a good skater and has a fairly good skill set. He could make the NHL...he had a good training camp last year.
Chad Wiseman needs to adapt
Hereema needs to develop consistancy
I'm assuming you're talking about Stals, who is 6'3" 207lbs according to the Rangers website, although I tend to think that's a little bit of exaggeration

Having been up in Vermont last year and seeing Stals play and I can say that he doesn't have that great a package of skills. I said at the time I was surprised at the hype he was getting, and although he skated pretty well, he had a very weak and inaccurate shot.

Fish is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 01:21 PM
  #17
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
nah man... i meant wiseman...he's only 5"11...ottawa should take him off our hands to play with spezza..It could help wiseman adjust.
juris stals is a big kid...he has future

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 01:23 PM
  #18
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Heerema is no longer with the Rangers organization.
i c ...he was not qualified.

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 02:57 PM
  #19
majicpixie
Registered User
 
majicpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Tardis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
nah man... i meant wiseman...he's only 5"11...ottawa should take him off our hands to play with spezza..It could help wiseman adjust.
juris stals is a big kid...he has future
Chad is 6"1/205. His info on HF hasn't been updated in quite a while, and his info on the Rangers site is wrong, too.

majicpixie is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 03:25 PM
  #20
Kubera55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I'm assuming you're talking about Stals, who is 6'3" 207lbs according to the Rangers website, although I tend to think that's a little bit of exaggeration
Just my own impression, having seen him up close at several Wolfpack games, I'd say that's a very realistic height/weight number for Juris. He might even be heavier (though I don't think taller).

The problem for Stals is his foot-speed. He's very slow, and is constantly lunging and diving to try to stay in the play. But he's very sound definsively, has a nice shot, and seems to work hard. I see him as maxing out at the Dan LaCouture/Mikael Samuelsson level myself.... but those are still useful guys to have.

Kubera55 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 03:27 PM
  #21
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Just my own impression, having seen him up close at several Wolfpack games, I'd say that's a very realistic height/weight number for Juris. He might even be heavier (though I don't think taller).

The problem for Stals is his foot-speed. He's very slow, and is constantly lunging and diving to try to stay in the play. But he's very sound definsively, has a nice shot, and seems to work hard. I see him as maxing out at the Dan LaCouture/Mikael Samuelsson level myself.... but those are still useful guys to have.
I dont see him as a Lacouture type cause I dont think Stals fights, I can see Samuelsson. Id love for Sather to bring back Sammy.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
  #22
barnaby63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I dont see him as a Lacouture type cause I dont think Stals fights, I can see Samuelsson. Id love for Sather to bring back Sammy.
Cause you can never have enough garbage players.

Hey! That would be a great 04-05 MSG slogan if JOrtmeyer41 was GM.

:lol

barnaby63 is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 03:59 PM
  #23
Bob Froese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bronx
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Cause you can never have enough garbage players.

Hey! That would be a great 04-05 MSG slogan if JOrtmeyer41 was GM.

:lol
ortmeyer do as i do now , IGNORE PEOPLES IGNORANCE. dont watse your time. you pretty open minded on issues so i dont mind listening. your opinions cant be that bad as compared to the phx and nyr deal posted on page one..lol

Bob Froese is offline  
Old
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
  #24
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
nah man... i meant wiseman...he's only 5"11...ottawa should take him off our hands to play with spezza..It could help wiseman adjust.
juris stals is a big kid...he has future
Maybe we should keep Wiseman and play him with Jagr--that would probably help him "adjust."

As for Stals, he didn't do anything after his decent stint in training camp to suggest he will be seeing the NHL soon. A full regular season with Hartford counts for a lot more than a couple of weeks in training camp.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now  
Old
08-17-2004, 08:22 AM
  #25
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Cause you can never have enough garbage players.

Hey! That would be a great 04-05 MSG slogan if JOrtmeyer41 was GM.

:lol
Hysterical. You don't share JO's enthusiasm for certain players. It's fairly well established now, so drop it. I really don't see what's being gained by continually mocking him over a personal disagreement.

Do me a favor and clean out your PM mailbox as well.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.