HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Line-up idea for Vancouver game

Old
02-14-2009, 07:26 AM
BigBen07

vCash: 500
Line-up idea for Vancouver game

Even though I don't think Carbo will change much with regards to line combinations and personnel, one move i would like to see is Chipchura in and one of Laraque ( 1st choice) or S-kost out. Let Chipchura take Higgins spot at centre and move Higgy back to the wing. I know Chipper isnt blessed with speed or a great deal of offensive talent but i think this lineup would make us a better team than we were last game. Keep in mind the lines i put here are not what i think are the best combos for the team but a combination of what I think Carbo will dress and go with and the how Chipchura would factor in:

Last game:

Kosto-Koivu-Kovy ( Most likely will be kept the same)
A-Kost-Higgy-Dandy ( Heres where i'd like to see chipchura)
Giving us A-kost-Chip-Higgy

Patches-Lappy-D'ago ( most likely will be kept the same)
S-kost-Begin-Laraque ( sit one of the wingers and insert Dandy in their place)

Vancouver Game:

Kosto-Koivu-Kovy
A-Kost-Chip-Higgy
Patches-Lappy-D'ago
SKost/Laraque-Begin-Dandy

I know some people will say Dandy has been producing the last 2 games playing with offensive players and made a great play last night on the game winner but I can't see this continuing and think he's much better suited for an energy/checking line. Certainly think hes playing and competing hard so not meant as a slight against him.
Thoughts?

BigBen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:21 AM
3TB3*

change the lines? or the system?

you heard last night pierre mcguire in utter amazement continually ask what on earth are carbonneau/jarvis/et al doing?

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:23 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Go back to coherent lines. We only won because Budaj sucks and Halak saved our *****.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:28 AM
la25ecoupe

Higs Saks Kovy
Bros + Chips
3rd same.
4th remove LAraque.. useless fights or no fight..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:02 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Go back to coherent lines. We only won because Budaj sucks and Halak saved our *****.
In one week, on Feb 21st, we could try:

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
AKost-Koivu-d'Agostini
Pacioretty-Higgins-SKost/Dandenault
Begin/Laraque-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:09 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen07 View Post
Even though I don't think Carbo will change much with regards to line combinations and personnel, one move i would like to see is Chipchura in and one of Laraque ( 1st choice) or S-kost out. Let Chipchura take Higgins spot at centre and move Higgy back to the wing. I know Chipper isnt blessed with speed or a great deal of offensive talent but i think this lineup would make us a better team than we were last game. Keep in mind the lines i put here are not what i think are the best combos for the team but a combination of what I think Carbo will dress and go with and the how Chipchura would factor in:

Last game:

Kosto-Koivu-Kovy ( Most likely will be kept the same)
A-Kost-Higgy-Dandy ( Heres where i'd like to see chipchura)
Giving us A-kost-Chip-Higgy

Patches-Lappy-D'ago ( most likely will be kept the same)
S-kost-Begin-Laraque ( sit one of the wingers and insert Dandy in their place)

Vancouver Game:

Kosto-Koivu-Kovy
A-Kost-Chip-Higgy
Patches-Lappy-D'ago
SKost/Laraque-Begin-Dandy

I know some people will say Dandy has been producing the last 2 games playing with offensive players and made a great play last night on the game winner but I can't see this continuing and think he's much better suited for an energy/checking line. Certainly think hes playing and competing hard so not meant as a slight against him.
Thoughts?
WOW, just WOW... Chipchura, a spare part, an AHL player with limited skills and speed....

Are you his brother or his agent ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
BigBen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
WOW, just WOW... Chipchura, a spare part, an AHL player with limited skills and speed....

Are you his brother or his agent ?
Nope not even close. I think most people seem to miss the point of the thread as they are putting lines together for when Tanguay and Plecanek are back. I was talking about Vancouver game and that game only. Ill try this again and Highlight some key words just so people particularly YOU dont get confused. If you took the time to READ the thread i said these WERENT the lines I think are best nor are they the long term solution. They are what id like to see for next game only. Judging by what Carbo usually does after wins- not changing much in terms of line combos or Personnel I assumed that the Koivu line and Lappy line would stay intact. So basically my thouhgt process was to insert another Centreman for NEXT game and move Higgy back to the wing where he has more experience this year and one woudl assume be more comfortable. Chipchura as i pointed out in my ORIGINAL post has his faults and is not close to being an offensive centreman however playing him with Higgy and A-Kost allows those guys to worry about the offense and Chip to work down low in the Dzone and take on the majority of down low battles. From the way we've been playing the last 3 games with Higgy at centre I can't see why youd be that appauled by this move but i guess thats your opinion. Again ill repeat its not something that id want to see for anymore than 1 game but I do think Higgy could benefit to a return to the wing. Like i said originally thats my opinion and a simple " i dont think thatll work out" would be enough to get the point across but i guess you have a better idea on how to generate more offensive chances next game since you are so quick to dismiss my idea. Lets hear it Smart A**

BigBen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Higs Saks Kovy
Bros + Chips
3rd same.
4th remove LAraque.. useless fights or no fight..
Vancouver is 4th in the entire NHL in fighting majors with 52. You don't remove Laraque for those teams.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Time for Cube to sit and get O'Bryne in the game. Cube and breeze bye and brutal together. Chipchura should have been playing since lang went down.

Jyroe Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote