HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D'Ags and MaxPac

Old
02-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Dags and Maxpac have been bright spots during the slump which to me means they are not letting the pressure get to them which shows character. Also, if you look at the +/- over the last 15 games ( I have not checked) i think you will see a lot of players on the team have poor showings. If either of these two need defensive tune ups who better than Carbo, Muller and Jarvis to teach them.
Dags and Pax as rookies are also the ONLY players (along with Kosto and Dandy IMO) who cannot be held responsible in anyway whatsoever for the the Meltdown.

Their minds are free...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
I dont want to be negative but D'Agostini has the worst +/- on the team with a -10. Do you think it's a cocern?
he near leads the team with goals, so for a first year player i guess thats the trade off .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Chiyo
トラ・トラ・トラ

Pacioretty has really, I mean really impressed me. He has all the tools.. and he's just starting out, it's going to be beautiful down the road.

D'Agostini I'm not sure. He reminds me of a faster Ryder.. on one play he'll look like a genius and on the next he'll have a brain cramp trying to deke every player on the other team when he could give the puck to an obviously opened teamate and get open and create scoring chances.
Needs to mature.. needs the coaches to correct the mistakes ASAP or else it'll be a pattern we'll see game after game.. just like Ryder

Chiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
LastRide

We need to bring in a good scoring veteran to guide these guys along. Patch is playing good but I wish he would get a couple goals. D'Ago gets the odd one. The guys we have are bad examples on these young guys. Habs need a guy like Vinny real bad.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Habruti!

I realy like both of them.. they will fit well...

I think that this stint is actually required to become a better team. I would like to see a line of Pacioretty, Higgins, Daggostini. These three guys fit very well together IMO. For the first line I would leave the vets roth togeter (Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev when Tanguay is back). That leaves Lapierre for the third line and I realy like what I saw when he was playing along side of Latendresse. A guy like A.Kostsitsyn would complement them very well IMO.

That leaves you S.Kostsitsyn, T.Plekanek as potential traid bait for a decent defencemen ala Morris.

Key here is these few bad games allowed me to figure out that I prefer Higgins at center rather then Plekanek.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote